Become a Patron!

A Spin Off of Keep a Word/Drop a Word and Music, Pics, and Whatnot

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 4 people and text that says 'NEVER TRUST A PERSON 00 VIA GHG6 COM 110 WHO DOESN'T SING ALONG TO BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY WHEN IT COMES ON THE RADIO.'

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Confederate Song - I Wish I Was In Dixie Land

Nothing political intended. Simple fact, I was born in Orlando, FL. This makes me a Southern American. Chose the song for the lyrics of "look away, look away, look away to Dixie Land." I consider it just a bit cultural heritage. Again though nothing political or decisive intended.

I also consider a Mulatto great aunt, likely Cherokee Native American, Scottish and English, German and Romanian parts of cultural heritage. I am an all American mutt who sees all Americans (anyone born in America) as American only.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good mornin Family :wave:
Really cooled off today, yesterday picked beans in shorts and no shirt and today you need a stocking hat and a jacket to be outside:crazy:
Goin out in a bit to pick the rest of the garden off, well except for the broccoli:(
I hope everyone is havin a great day:)

May be an image of 1 person, sky and text that says 'Day7 Happy Beautiful Friday Everyone Be kind to oneanother! We are all brothers and sisters on this planet! Live, love and の be happy!'

May be an image of hedgehog and text

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picked all of my peppers today both hot and sweet and went ahead and picked a bowl of smaller beans. hated to see them go to waste, also picked about 30 tomatoes that were starting to turn colors (gonna let them ripen off the vine)
I'll put pic's on when I get back tonight

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Anthrax - Now It's Dark

Although it has themes of rape, like it for the theme of dominance. Ultimately rape is about taking power. Used to be rape included abduction. So, you pull someone into a different environment and hold them enthrall with the power you take from them.

A different environment can in most cases mean keeping them there yet shifting how it is to a different state. In the case of abuse & violence they get abducted to that state, abuse & violence. Was 5 years old when it started for me. Had to grow up far far too fast. No childhood to speak of really.

Know this all may sound as though I'm a dark individual. Can assure that's farthest from the case. What it means for me is taking away the power of rapists and abusers. I grew up living through a lot of that going around me, rape that is, and suffering abuse in beatings and wearing down psychologically.

Was age 13 when I come to know the cold steel of a .45 magnum pressed against my forehead. Gave the one holding the loaded weapon a three count. Then, dislocated his shoulder, broke two of his fingers and took the gun. Gave it back after leaving one round chambered. Turned my back on him and told him to make it count, walked back toward the house.

The gun fell to the ground behind me. Went back and brought him into the house. Sat him down, put his shoulder in, splinted the fingers. After this incident he never again used physical violence with me & really dropped off the verbal and psychological attacks. He would still run his mouth but was very careful, watching to ensure I didn't turn around and beat him for it. He knew I had the power & the courage, was not taking any more shit.

So yes, can appreciate an element of "taking power". Victims need to get through the fear and seize it for themselves. There is no other way unfortunately. Until the victim takes a stand they remain a victim and not a survivor. Give them the cover of darkness. "Now it's dark and I can see!"

Sexual violence befall my mom several times. Never knew until years later. Then, it made sense all the times I cleaned her up from a suicide attempt. Had to be her rock because no one else could, or would be. Age 15 the abuser's father signed for me to go work to help mom. "I'm sorry my son isn't being a man. Time for you to be, son." So, that's what I did, helped mom. Though she still remained a victim.

I could be another number, either a suicide, or just another monster that follows the cycle of abuse. Instead I try diligently to break the cycle. Have seen the darkness inside. Don't want it out in the world, our world is too dark as is. We need more light but sometimes the brightest candle shines in the darkness, never to be extinguished. Please reach out to victims, let them know they have a choice. Let them know survivors await them with open arms.

That's where I'm at in appreciating a song about rape. Hope readers can understand. If I offend so be it, at least you'll have heard some bit of objective truth in life. Quick, forget it and run away screaming. We all know truth dies in wars and don't be mistaken light and darkness do war. Be nice to get everyone on the middle path, but it's a rough row to furrow. Still, live it daily.

"That Magic Mist, 'e got no soul that cat." -- Lightning Hopkins

"Son, Blues dey done carry you away." -- B.B. King

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow- good thing you picked the last veggies left in your garden! Frost has killed off most of my garden- Tomato plants and tomatoes still look OK- supposed to warm to the 60's next week.
At the end of the year I always pick off any tomatoes that have any color and let them ripen inside, even some green and that way I have tomatoes till Thanksgiving usually

VU Sponsors