Become a Patron!

A VG nightmare

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woke this morning from a nightmare about vegetable glycerin. In the nightmare found myself in a hospital environment. I was being told that nickle had fused itself all through my bones, joints. They explained that this was due to the VG acting on the nickle particles in my vape from a Kanthal coil.

So here I am. Can someone with a little more understanding of physiology offer some insight? Is such a thing probable? Possible? It kind of startled me and made me think.

And I know the basics. "Anything is probable."

"Dose and body type equal toxicology."

I get that. I'm just asking if it is seriously/direly likely.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well.... that is a can of worms, and what you want to dig up for yourself.
It's also why I use ss316 type wire for my coils.

have a dig thru: Here

Just to be on the safe side :)

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can not answer this with any expertise, but have you considered the amount of material it would take to accomplish that. I think that you would turn into a palm tree before that could happen.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping 80/20 VG/PG or higher DIY juice for over eight years now, most of that time on Kanthal and no TC. Vaped a lot on torch-burned K1 mesh wicks in old Gennies too.

Compared to the chemicals and metals and shit you got in a cigarette...well, it's called Harm Reduction, not Safe...

I'm good with it. ;)

*edit*
Ratios...meh

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping 80/25 VG/PG or higher DIY juice for over eight years now, most of that time on Kanthal and no TC. Vaped a lot on torch-burned K1 mesh wicks in old Gennies too.

Compared to the chemicals and metals and shit you got in a cigarette...well, it's called Harm Reduction, not Safe...

I'm good with it. ;)

Love it 105%

:sarcasm:

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love it 105%

:sarcasm:

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

Ain't 105% better?
s0238.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sounds to me like you fell asleep with that assinine commercial with the Metal Monster Anti Vaping Shit playing. MAX VG for me~!

I actually think that was probably it. And owing to @Smoky Blue's post I found this which allays my concern.

And hey, even if vaping does cause brain damage, I know it's too late for me. I had that long before I vaped. *grin* Since birth factually and honestly. Ha!

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I say whatever floats our boats on wires.. I just like ss316 as to me, it's a clean taste.
I could tell the difference after a month of using the ss316 compared to regular kanthal..
and I like to be different :p haha!!

Always do your research and draw your own conclusions.. when in doubt.. but always ask because you never know.. could be someone else with the same questions and scared to ask ;)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I say whatever floats our boats on wires.. I just like ss316 as to me, it's a clean taste.
I could tell the difference after a month of using the ss316 compared to regular kanthal..
and I like to be different :p haha!!

Always do your research and draw your own conclusions.. when in doubt.. but always ask because you never know.. could be someone else with the same questions and scared to ask ;)

Once I started using SS316 I never used anything else. Years now but I do have other stuff to play when I have time but never have any~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just like ss316 as to me, it's a clean taste.

I like it as well but to me there's not much difference taste wise. Having no sense of smell also limits my sense of taste. So I can use kanthal, ss316, niChrome80 all the same as far as taste.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like it as well but to me there's not much difference taste wise. Having no sense of smell also limits my sense of taste. So I can use kanthal, ss316, niChrome80 all the same as far as taste.

Use what you have.. us old timers know.. it's all good.
Sucks you can not tell the difference, but that is also a bonus..
I think I am cursed with being so sensitive!! It can be a pain at times..

So you are lucky :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use what you have.. us old timers know.. it's all good.
Sucks you can not tell the difference, but that is also a bonus..
I think I am cursed with being so sensitive!! It can be a pain at times..

So you are lucky :D

Can understand that point of view. I see and "see" too clear a lot. It too can be blessing or curse.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well i have been vaping for quite a long time and i am no more an electrical conductor then before i vaped... so i would say your safe

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My biggest concern is with Kanthal. It contains Aluminum (FeCrAl). Considering to stop using it. Other than that, I don't give it much thought.

Dreams are strange, but they are usually just an overactive mind that meches unrelated things together. Would be interesting to know what triggered such a dream, though. You must've been thinking/reading/learning about metals recnetly. Or something like that.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well i have been vaping for quite a long time and i am no more an electrical conductor then before i vaped... so i would say your safe

Now that you mention it, magnets are sticking to me. Is that bad?

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you know just want to interject here lol I think i have a magnet in my hand because its always attracted to my P.E.N.I.S !!! I pull my hand away and it goes right back should I be concerned?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you know just want to interject here lol I think i have a magnet in my hand because its always attracted to my P.E.N.I.S !!! I pull my hand away and it goes right back should I be concerned?
Yes.

SUKMYVAPOR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any suggestions I just can't control myself self love the way it feels in my hand.. caressing my button just feels so satisfying ...putting the tip to my lips oh God I've been shut in to long .. I've finally lost it bahaha

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would be interesting to know what triggered such a dream, though. You must've been thinking/reading/learning about metals recnetly. Or something like that.

I think it's what @SteveS45 suggested. We usually watch Murder She Wrote on Peacock prior to bedding down. Think one of those "Truth" commercials had run. I passed out.

Not sure why my mind paid any attention to it at all. I know better.

VU Sponsors