Become a Patron!

About Flavor % of different brands

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

I have a little questions for the FA mixers around here (apparently you are quite a few :D). I see a lot of amazing recipes here, mostly FA, reading all of HIC's recipes I have placed my first FA order. The thing is, I have quite and extended Capella collection. So here is my question :

Your FA recipes look to have really low percentage compare to CAP.
Is FA more concentrated than CAP?
If I want to sub with CAP do I need to bump up the %?
Is there a common rule to sub a FA by a CAP?

Thanks for the help :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
In general, FA is much more concentrated than Capella flavors, twice or more I'd estimate. But they're also different versions of a given flavor. Capella fruits tend to be sweet and creamy, where FA's are like the actual fresh fruit. So even if you account for the difference in strength, the resulting flavor can differ dramatically. They both have a Lemon Sicily that's similar, but I can't think of any others that I'd really consider interchangeable.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
welcome to VU :)

I throw my 2 cents in here

Is FA more concentrated than CAP?
yes

If I want to sub with CAP do I need to bump up the %?
try it first without adjusting and then decide, Ive found that Caps can be used a lot lower than most of us use it.

Is there a common rule to sub a FA by a CAP?
I have yet to find a Capellas flavor or any other brand for that matter that can be subbed for anything else to create an exact replica of the original recipe. that doesnt really mean it wont be good it just wont be the same. Instead of trying to find a sub for it see if you can make an all capelas version of it at lower % .

Maxime

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks guys I do have the lemon sicily from cap and so far I didn't manage to get it where I wanted it to be. Maybe I am starting to high with the flavor. I got the fuji apple from FA on the way so I'll be able to see what FA fruits are about.

So far all my recipes are around 15 to 20% flavorings with Cap so that's why I have those questions in mind.

VU Sponsors