Become a Patron!

Advice please

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im getting a vapebreed v2 with the 6 post holes.
My question is to do with ohms
I'm using two Sony vtc4 batteries
I'm also ordering some Youde Pre-Built Clapton Kanthal Coils that come out at 0.6 ohms.

I know that in a dual coil build you split ohms in between coils. Ex 2x 1.0 ohm coils = 0.5ohms

Now in my vapebreed I'm wanting 4 of those claptons in there. And would like to be vaping around 150w

Does that change the coils ohms reading of 0.6 into 0.15ohms? I'm needing to know this so I can make sure I have batteries stable enough to handle that build.
Advice, recommendations, and teachings are greatly appreciated.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to VU BradTheVapingJunkie1! :shades: :cloud:

Advice, recommendations, and teachings are greatly appreciated
If you don't already know about it / use it --- get to know steam-engine.com really well. It can be a life saver, literally.
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Does that change the coils ohms reading of 0.6 into 0.15ohms?
Yes it does. Take your single coil Ω reading and divide by 4. Steam-Engine will also do this for you if you don't want to "think" about it. ;)

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?s=qp&r=0.25&awg=26&id=3
(x4) 1Ω KA1 3mm ID Coils setup in parallel. Total resistance is quartered. (1⁄4 R)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm needing to know this so I can make sure I have batteries stable enough to handle that build
The batteries that you said you had, the Sony VTC4 --- if authentic, these are a tested 23A 2100mAh battery.

Question for you --- What kind of device are you going to be running this on? Regulated MOD or a MECH MOD ?

Mooch's Recommended Batteries
image-jpeg.600623

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was actually using steam engine! :) thank you

Now I was also wondering what batteries I should use for this build. at 0.15ohms the amps read 31.62 the sony vtc4 only has 30amp max discharge..

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Regulated only for me. I'm not the kind of person to possible get blown up simply because I screwed up. No offense to mech users you guys tend to know what your doing lmao as for the batteries I'm needing to switch and don't know which ones to buy for this build

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was actually using steam engine! :) thank you

Now I was also wondering what batteries I should use for this build. at 0.15ohms the amps read 31.62 the sony vtc4 only has 30amp max discharge..
You should not calculate based on the batteries max discharge. You should always calculate based on the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rate).

In a dual battery regulated mod, and you are wanting to push 150W, you will need batteries that can supply at or better than 23.4A p/battery.

150W / 2 = 75W / 3.2V = 23.4A

For what you are wanting to accomplish, I would highly recommend the Sony VTC5a Batteries.
They are a 25A battery with a 2500mAh

-----
Max Amps Per Battery = Max Wattage Per Battery / Minimum Voltage Per Battery

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should not calculate based on the batteries max discharge. You should always calculate based on the CDR (Continuous Discharge Rate).

In a dual battery regulated mod, and you are wanting to push 150W, you will need batteries that can supply at or better than 23.4A p/battery.

150W / 2 = 75W / 3.2V = 23.4A

For what you are wanting to accomplish, I would highly recommend the Sony VTC5a Batteries.
They are a 25A battery with a 2500mAh

I would then second for a 30A battery, the Samsung 30Q. It is a 30A battery (Mooch tested) and 3000mAh.

Oh I see boy I had that mixed up lol so first choice would be the sonys?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would then second for a 30A battery, the Samsung 30Q. It is a 30A battery (Mooch tested) and 3000mAh.
I removed this as it is in error --- the 30Q battery is only 20A tested.

The only available 30A batteries will have a 1500mAh battery life.
These are the LG HB2, LG HB4 and LG HB6

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK I will definitely be getting the sonys then lol

One last thing then I'm out of your hair lmao
Any ideas of how many wraps on those 4 claptons to achieve the the 0.15 ohms?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you are using a 3 battery MOD, like a Wismec RX200S, then the math would be:

150W / 3 = 50W / 3.2V = 15.6A

This would then allow you to continue using your VTC4 batteries, but would need three of them.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK I will definitely be getting the sonys then lol

One last thing then I'm out of your hair lmao
Any ideas of how many wraps on those 4 claptons to achieve the the 0.15 ohms?
Not in my hair. I would rather you ask question vs not ever asking or knowing.

These are already pre-wrapped coils.

Youde Pre-Built Clapton Kanthal Coils that come out at 0.6 ohms.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Youde-UD-Prebuilt-Clapton-Coils-p/k-mcrw40.htm

Prewrapped Kanthal Microcoil
upload_2017-3-14_20-26-48.png

Youde UD Prebuilt Coils Clapton
26ga + 32ga - 0.6ohm
Pack of 10
Sold in packs of 10

-----
If you are wanting to make your own coils in the future, to match these. Then this would be the wire-wizard setup on Steam-Engine

upload_2017-3-14_20-30-9.png
upload_2017-3-14_20-30-21.png

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just a side comment regarding the MOD that you are using this on.
You stated that you wanted to do 150W on a MOD that produces a MAX of 150W.

While the manufacturer's do not always disclose the efficiency rating of the MODs, we like to assume less than 100% efficiency. Some would say 90% max, some would say 95% max. Error on the side of caution.

With that said --- I would not recommend running this MOD at 150W continuously.
75-95W would be the most I would expect for a continuous running on him.

@SirRichardRear @nightshard @UncleRJ
Can you guys assist with this input any further? I may be inaccurate in my understanding of this.

Last edited:

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It also says that a software update to the tesla touch 150w makes it able to run 200w
As long as you are aware of the limitations and expectations of yourself and your MOD. That is all that matters.

I will definitely always be aware of that. Thank you so much for your help this is my first day on this site and I've had a great experience with it! Will definitely be coming back again!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It also says that a software update to the tesla touch 150w makes it able to run 200w
Manufacturer's are trying to keep up with everyone else ... there are multiple two battery MOD on the market now all "saying" they can do 200+ on dual batteries.

Stick with the math and the good batteries. The good assumption is always 75W MAX p/battery. So --- Two batteries = 150W, not 200W.

Just because the manufacturer "says" it, doesn't mean it should be ...

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you so much for your help this is my first day on this site and I've had a great experience with it! Will definitely be coming back again!
Your very welcome. And again, welcome to VU! There are a lot of us here that want to help and enjoy helping.
There is a lot of information on this site and a lot of good people. Poke around and ask questions. :cheers:

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Makes sense to me so will do lol just now saw the coil pics and imma be honest that makes little sense to me as I just started with steam engine and have never used that calculator

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Makes sense to me so will do lol just now saw the coil pics and imma be honest that makes little sense to me as I just started with steam engine and have never used that calculator
This may help understand it.

This is a 6.5 wrap coil. Right click and open in new window for full size picture.

upload_2017-3-14_21-20-38.png

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh and that's how many I'd have to wrap those claptons?
If you are purchasing the ones that I linked, then they are already wrapped into a coil. So all you would have to do it place them into your RDA.

If you are wrapping wire from a spool, then yes, you would need 3.5 wraps of KA1 26g/32g wire to accomplish .6Ω p/coil ( .15Ω for 4 coils )
upload_2017-3-14_21-24-51.png

https://vapenw.com/coaxial-kanthal

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK sweet lol thank you you've been very helpful I feel as though I might be able to actually build this thing now now all I need is for that rda to get here and get all this stuff ordered

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK sweet lol thank you you've been very helpful I feel as though I might be able to actually build this thing now now all I need is for that rda to get here and get all this stuff ordered
If you haven't already done it, I recommend that you go hit up YouTube on that RDA.

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Joyetech Cuboid 150W Box MOD is a variable wattage and variable voltage device, allowing you to precisely adjust the output wattage from 1W to an astonishing 150W, in 0.1W increments. Joyetech has also allowed for the maximum output wattage to be upgraded by another 50W for a total maximum output of 200W. This extremely wide range of available output wattage permits you to use your Joyetech Cuboid with atomizer resistances as low as 0.1 Ohms, making it compatible with virtually any tank you wish to use with it.

So this would not be good with the 0.15ohm build? If not could you point me in the direction of a stylish mod that will do the job?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Joyetech Cuboid 150W Box MOD is a variable wattage and variable voltage device, allowing you to precisely adjust the output wattage from 1W to an astonishing 150W, in 0.1W increments. Joyetech has also allowed for the maximum output wattage to be upgraded by another 50W for a total maximum output of 200W. This extremely wide range of available output wattage permits you to use your Joyetech Cuboid with atomizer resistances as low as 0.1 Ohms, making it compatible with virtually any tank you wish to use with it.

So this would not be good with the 0.15ohm build? If not could you point me in the direction of a stylish mod that will do the job?
The Ω rating does not define if the MOD is good or not / or capable or not. I have multiple MODs that I run .1Ω but only run at 70-80W.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If not could you point me in the direction of a stylish mod that will do the job?
For what you are wanting to accomplish (wattage / not Ω), I would look into a MOD that can do 250+ watts.

This is one that comes to mind.
https://vapenw.com/mod-pvs/box-mods/wismec-reuleaux-rx300-kit
upload_2017-3-14_21-48-1.png

Specifications:

• Dimensions: 42*58*81.7mm
  • Wattage Range: 1W - 300W
  • Temperature Range: 200°F - 600°F / 100°C - 315°C
  • Resistance Range:
    • 0.1Ω - 3.5Ω (VW Mode)
    • 0.05Ω - 1.5Ω (TC Mode)
  • Output Modes: VW, TC(Ni, Ti, SS), TCR
  • Requires (4) 18650 Batteries (Batteries Sold Separately)
  • Max Charging Current: 1.5A
  • Max Output Current: 50A
  • 0.96 Inch OLED Display
  • Redesigned User Interface
  • Bottom Cover Lock Button (For Battery Access Panel)
  • Innovative RC Adapter
  • Powerbank Conversion
  • Micro USB Port (Charging & Upgrading)
  • Dual Circuit Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Accent Inlays (Carbon Fiber Or Leather)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm I was hoping for a mod that would run a little closers to the 110w point..
If only looking for the 110 point, you would be safe with a 3 battery MOD as well.

https://vapenw.com/mod-pvs/box-mods/reuleaux-rx200s-by-wismec-200w
Reuleaux RX200S Mod by Wismec
upload_2017-3-14_21-50-54.png

Specifications:

• Dimensions: 50*40*84mm
  • Requires (3) 18650 Batteries (Batteries Sold Separately)
  • Wattage Range: 1W - 200W
  • Temperature Range: 200°F - 600°F / 100°C - 315°C
  • Resistance Range:
    • 0.1Ω - 3.5Ω (VW Mode)
    • 0.05Ω - 1.5Ω (TC Modes)
  • Firing Modes: VW, TC-Ni, TC-Ti, TC-SS, & TCR
  • Large 0.96 Inch OLED Display
  • Magnetic Battery Cover
  • Unique Ergonomic Shape
  • Spring Loaded 510 Pin
  • Stainless Steel 510 Threads
  • Upgradeable Firmware
  • Reverse Polarity Protection

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So from what I'm reading I would have to run that mod in to mode to reach the 0.15ohm mark?
With a non-TC wire (Kanthal being non Temp Control) you would have to run in wattage mode.

SS (stainless steel) is my recommended wire for TC.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Reuleaux RX200S Mod by Wismec
On this MOD --- There is a lot of chatter on VU regarding this unit. Some people hate it, some people love it.
I personally own one, and have a love/hate relationship with it. I know its limitations and don't over do it.

The 510 pin is not as forgiving as my other MODs. There are some attys that I can run on it and some that I can't.
This MOD also has a tendency to get quite warm, and you have to stop using it to not risk frying the logic board. The manufacturer used too small of a wire gauge when connecting the logic chip to the battery supply leads. This can be fixed if your a "handy man".

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What about the
GENUINE IPV 8 BY PIONEER4YOU™ GREENLEAF 230W TC BOX MOD?

Still says in tc mode.. I'm not really wanting tc modes in order to get 0.15 ohms do I have to run in tc mode?

Finding all info on vapor authority. Com

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What about the
Still says in tc mode.. I'm not really wanting tc modes in order to get 0.15 ohms do I have to run in tc mode?

I personally do not have that mod, I only have the IPV3. I have no complaints with it so far.
@SirRichardRear --- Do you have this mod or know who does? >> IPV 8 BY PIONEER4YOU

You do not have to run in TC mode to accomplish .15Ω. These MODs can fire down to .1Ω in wattage mode.
This specific MOD says .15Ω is the lowest in wattage mode, so IMO, even worse then the others I linked.

VW Mode == Variable Wattage (wattage mode)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh so I was wrong in thinking that .15 was higher than .1?
Think in reverse. .1Ω is a LOWER resistance then .15Ω.

The lower the resistance through the wire, the more power gets through quicker. Kinda like water in a hose. If you step in the middle of the hose while water is running through it, you are applying resistance to that water flow. If you weigh 100lbs, you are applying .1Ω to it. If you weigh 300lbs, you are applying .3Ω resistance to that same water flow.

Here is a good blog post that @f1r3b1rd put up --- go read it, he explains all the basics.
http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/for-the-new-and-inexperenced-vapor.16/

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I personally do not have that mod, I only have the IPV3. I have no complaints with it so far.
@SirRichardRear --- Do you have this mod or know who does? >> IPV 8 BY PIONEER4YOU

You do not have to run in TC mode to accomplish .15Ω. These MODs can fire down to .1Ω in wattage mode.
This specific MOD says .15Ω is the lowest in wattage mode, so IMO, even worse then the others I linked.

VW Mode == Variable Wattage (wattage mode)
I don't but @Paratech has one ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about the

Finding all info on vapor authority. Com
1. TC on this mod sucks
2. You will NOT get 230 watts or close to it.
Start at about 18:00

A few of the mods I own and have tested:
Dual 18650:
Smok Alien
Smok X Cube Ultra
Smok H-Priv
Smok R200
Smoant Battlestar
Pioneer4You IPV6
Pioneer4You IPV8
Asmodus Minikin 2
Laisimo SnowWolf 200 Plus

Triple 18650:
Smok GX350
Wismex RX2/3
Sense Blazer 200

Quad 18650:
Ijoy Maxo
Ijoy EXO 360 - ordered, not delivered yet
Wismec RX300 - ordered, not delivered yet

All-In-One:
Ijoy RDTA Box
Smok Skyhook

There are PLENTY more to choose from.
If you find a different one you really like ask, I may have it and can provide info on it.

EDIT -- I made 2 errors in this list and added one mod.

Last edited:

Bradthevapingjunkie1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
GENUINE JOYETECH™ CUBOID 150W TC BOX MOD

This is the actually mod I was looking at so this would be the perfect mod if it will work.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We post DJLs videos because he is one spot on guy with the technical side of these MODs, and he doesn't bullshit about them.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
We post DJLs videos because he is one spot on guy with the technical side of these MODs, and he doesn't bullshit about them.
Very well done phantom. Not much too add but I'll throw a few recs.

Dual battery mod
Alien, battle star, snow wolf 200 plus

If u want to vape over 150 get a triple or quad mod

Triple g320
Quad gx350

Don't bother with p4u, sigelie, wismec or Joyetech.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GENUINE JOYETECH™ CUBOID 150W TC BOX MOD

This is the actually mod I was looking at so this would be the perfect mod if it will work.
I do have this mod.
It is 9 times heavier than it looks.
Just like every other mod out there some have reported varying issues with it but I have not had any troubles with mine.
You're not going to get the max wattage out of it because you'll hit the 25 amp max limit first.
About the lowest cost mod you can get that'll give you fairly high wattage, runs awesome, is reliable, and just works, is the Smoant Battlestar.
The Smok Alien would certainly be high on my list of recommendations.
The Asmodus Minikin 2 and Laisimo SnowWolf 200 Plus are very smooth running mods that perform very well and best if you can find them during a sale.
You'll probably find that once you get everything all setup you'll be topping off at around 100 watts when you find your comfort zone.
Granted that is simply speculation on my part because I obviously don't know your vaping style.
However I know the hardware and the coils.

VU Sponsors