Become a Patron!

Advken Owl tank

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an advken own tank, and unfortunately the glass hangouts out past the side of my mod. If I were to stand it up and it fall the glass would smash. I really like the tank and am considering getting g a mod that will better fit it. Any suggestions on something that is at least 100w?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You also might want to consider tank bands. That noted here's a few suggestions for 100 watt box mods.

Tesla Two

Innokin Coolfire IV

Innokin iTaste MVP 4.0

All of the above have internal batteries. Perhaps later I may continue scouring the search I did to locate a few that allow for swap-able external batteries, or perhaps not. I don't use regulated devices, RDTAs (tanks) as a matter of preference. I also usually don't like having to be a personal shopper without some bit of benefit.

Apologies, not meaning that to read as being harsh. I'm sure though you also likely get busy living life as well. You can also likely see how you wouldn't want to go shop for someone else, even if it only consisted of a two minute search engine crawl. It seems to feel a bit degrading to do.

"Oh, these people have nothing better to do. I 'll give them some unpaid 'busy work'," it seems to read from my perspective. Can you maybe see that? If so, why continue doing it? And I'm not meaning that as an attack of you specifically, or personally. You're not the only one to do it, not the first or last. I'm fussing at the idea of it.

Take a few moments to do some basic Inter-Webs courtesy and skills. Demonstrate a little computing literacy. Use a search engine for more than five seconds. Even those with attention deficit disorders can do that. What ishttps://duckduckgo.com/?q=100+W+box+mods&t=ffsb&ia=web the excuse you can offer to not do it? "I'm too lazy." Yeah? Well, guess what? ... Yep you got it.

See how this simple gesture disconnects us all? Someone chooses acting lazy and condescending, or at least what can be seen as condescending. Others see that and become cynical and respond, or don't respond in kind. As a result information and data hit a snag in their flow. Nobody wants to share freely anymore. Why should they when everyone acts like pricks?

And that's the idea I'm aiming at trying to curb. Showing that few minutes of gratitude by using accessible resources also shows gratitude of others and respect of them. It further then encourages more sharing of information, data and more resources created and made available freely. :) See how that works out? You still benefit by searching a few minutes even you do act a prick. Ah, but no you choose to press the advantage? *shaking my head*

I am going to run off and become a misanthropic troglodyte.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help and support on this simple question.

Not a problem, thank you for attempting to guilt trip me over how I feel. I don't feel guilty though. I see your point of view and respect it but don't have to concur and accept it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just looking at the mods I have at hand, looks like the Aegis X might be ok, as well as iJoy's Avenger, and Wismec's RX3 Gen.

The RX3 Gen is a small mod, but the shape of it does look like it would carry 30mm or so.

I've packed up my Aegis Legend, but check measurements - that one may be ok, too.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just looking at the mods I have at hand, looks like the Aegis X might be ok, as well as iJoy's Avenger, and Wismec's RX3 Gen.

The RX3 Gen is a small mod, but the shape of it does look like it would carry 30mm or so.

I've packed up my Aegis Legend, but check measurements - that one may be ok, too.
The Legend will carry a Glaz with zero overhang. The Glaz is 31mm. The Rx Gen 3-300 will overhang quite a bit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Zeus X is 29mm OD with the bubble glass, at its widest point. When I put it on my RX Gen3 Dual, and then lay the whole thing over on its side, there is light showing between the side of the bubble glass and the surface the mod is laying on.

The glass could always hit a solid surface if the mod were to fall at just the wrong angle, but if it just clunked over, chances are, it wouldn't.

I don't have an Owl tank to measure, but if it's larger than 30mm at its widest, the RX Gen3 Dual will not be a good candidate.

CHIEFTANG

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I was looking at the Rx3 do you have much experience with them? I usually don’t run super crazy coils or anything, but I want something that looks nice, feels nice, and is relatively durable.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was looking at the Rx3 do you have much experience with them? I usually don’t run super crazy coils or anything, but I want something that looks nice, feels nice, and is relatively durable.

I've only had my Reuleaux for a couple of months, so I don't know about durability. It does look and feel nice, but as I said, it's a small mod. If you have very large hands, it might be too small. I particularly like the paint finishes on the two I have. One is a blue purple, and the other is a brown purple. The mods look a different color from different angles.

They come with Gnome King tanks. The tank in the blue purple kit has pink glass in it. Just be aware. :D

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have an advken own tank, and unfortunately the glass hangouts out past the side of my mod. If I were to stand it up and it fall the glass would smash. I really like the tank and am considering getting g a mod that will better fit it. Any suggestions on something that is at least 100w?
Hi. I have the Owl, nice tank apart from the need to slow fill on an an angle.
I also have the Aegis X and Solo. It will go on both showing a bit of daylight between the glass and a flat surface. The Aegis X has slightly more gap, .....nope just checked and the same. I think the new Aegis Max, an upgrade battery wise, would be fine to use as well and if I was after a single battery mod would go for that as it is more versatile being able to use low ohms and higher wattage than the Solo.
Here they both are. Not great pics but lets you see anyway.
First the X
20200625_104054(1).jpg
Solo
20200625_103927(1).jpg

Last edited:
As far as I knew it was only compatible with baby beast coils, and vaporesso's since those 2 are compatible. I wouldnt know much about the gt core or the ccell. I only had NRGs and they left me wanting more, much more. Ive never had geekvape super mesh. If it had better coils I would be pretty happy with it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors