Become a Patron!

Ahhh I can't pick a mod to get for Xmas, help

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I need a regulated mod that I can run my RTA's on or whatever I want to throw at it. Some possible choices include the voopop drag 2 or the iJoy shogun.

I normally use just ni80 and prefer flavor over clouds. Although most products produce decent clouds these days, or so it seems. I already have a mech sqounk mod but need something more convenient for events and outdoor activities. Also, I like to have the 510 connection be screwed down so I can access from above in case it gets loose or any issues.

There's so many choices and I can't decide whether I need a DNA mod or not once I start looking at options. Dual 18650's would be a must as well, something comfy in the hands. :)

Help?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As a self confessed fanboy of the dna- no one “needs” a dna box.

Best thing to do is write down a list of what features you want.
How much power?
Temp control?
Battery configuration?
Do you need more run time and less power or vice versa?
Is size an issue?
Does it need to be rugged?
How low do you build?

If you’re not interested in tc, than I would say the dna isn’t anything to be focused on other than that it will fire anything you put on it. If you build above a 0.1ohm coil than that isn’t an issue.
If you build above 0.1 and only care about vaping in wattage mode, than you may even want to look at the hexohm, squid industries or other variable voltage style of mods.

Again figure what you want it to do, and more importantly what features are deal Breakers and we can help from there.

My personal two favorites right now
Are the paranormal 250c from lost vape for temp control and the double barrel v3 or hexohm v3 for wattage.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need a regulated mod that I can run my RTA's on or whatever I want to throw at it. Some possible choices include the voopop drag 2 or the iJoy shogun.

I normally use just ni80 and prefer flavor over clouds. Although most products produce decent clouds these days, or so it seems. I already have a mech sqounk mod but need something more convenient for events and outdoor activities. Also, I like to have the 510 connection be screwed down so I can access from above in case it gets loose or any issues.

There's so many choices and I can't decide whether I need a DNA mod or not once I start looking at options. Dual 18650's would be a must as well, something comfy in the hands. :)

Help?
Get a small DNA 250 or DNA 75 .....

The Rebel is really small and weighs like 73 grams with (2) 18650..... It holds tanks and Rda's up to 30mm perfect.....
04960476b7bd727f2f775a71676e3ecf.jpg
c51626af77d1dfd5dbf024bf129466fe.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I usually build around .1 - .2 using a dual coil RTA.
I have always just used VW mode and haven't ventured into power curve or TC, now I do want to have those features.
I do want decent lasting battery use.
Something that can fit in my pocket, 2 batteries at most. That rebel is pretty dope.
The DNA 75 doesn't seem to go above 75 watts, if I understood correctly? It's rare that I ever need to go above 100w though.
That should help. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just want to say you do not need a DNA Box to be able to use TC effectively. While I have DNA MOD's I normally use my everyday beaters to do my TC Vaping. Just an opinion based on the MOD's I use for TC many people say it doesn't work. Works for me and maybe they need to RTFM? Good Luck

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Btw, I had started using smok products at first and always had issues. The x-priv was my last smok mod I'll ever get. I do like using the prince tfv12 and just use the build-able deck. But just picked up a dead rabbit rta for cheap. I can't use my tanks at the moment with my mech mod, at least it doesn't seem safe to.
I can't complain about my mech though, it works great

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I REALLY liked the paranormal 250c but look at the options they have left... It's almost sold out
Shop around most all of the paranormals can be found somewhere. They are still in production.

Also, check the classifieds here, you can find some nice deals.
Another tool:
Www.vapecrawler.com

Punch in what you want and it will help you find a vendor. Not all vendors are listed but it can help nonetheless.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a huge DNA fan, I'll weigh in and agree that there are only a couple reasons you might "need" a DNA mod: temp control and replay. I've been using temp control for years now, and DNA does it well (mostly using csv files from Steam Engine uploaded via Escribe). Replay is great with TC or with power, and I've actually been enjoying it with power on my 75C. YiHi is my second place for TC chips.

If not using temp control, your options are a lot more plentiful, since power vaping is pretty similar no matter the chip. If this is the case, I would look (personally) for something ergonomic and/or aesthetically pleasing.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I notice better temp control with Yihi mods rather than DNA, This GTRS Vboy has the sx500 which is the top of the Yihi family without Bluetooth.....

I just checked the coils on the Fatality after (2)weeks...... Using SS316L and 400 degrees at 52.2 watts on a pair of coils ohming at .14

The Cotton Bacon looks exactly the same as the day I wicked it .....
7996905b86de00dec40a2ff29f8aea92.jpg

This mod was Deucesjack one of the best in 2017

It's almost (2) years old and works perfectly..... It has never been updated since new.....

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I notice better temp control with Yihi mods rather than DNA, This GTRS Vboy has the sx500 which is the top of the Yihi family without Bluetooth.....

I just checked the coils on the Fatality after (2)weeks...... Using SS316L and 400 degrees at 52.2 watts on a pair of coils ohming at .14

The Cotton Bacon looks exactly the same as the day I wicked it .....
7996905b86de00dec40a2ff29f8aea92.jpg

The reason I have YiHi as second place to DNA is that YiHi temp control becomes noticeably slower when your coils are fatter. For example, when using my Warhead with dual framed staples on my G Class, it takes 2-2.5x longer to get to the set temperature than if I were using my Triade 250 (not C). If you're using anything skinnier than a 3x fused clap, differences are negligible if you have the right TCR set.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The reason I have YiHi as second place to DNA is that YiHi temp control becomes noticeably slower when your coils are fatter. For example, when using my Warhead with dual framed staples on my G Class, it takes 2-2.5x longer to get to the set temperature than if I were using my Triade 250 (not C). If you're using anything skinnier than a 3x fused clap, differences are negligible if you have the right TCR set.

You shouldn't have a problem if you Powerful plus it..... The 250c you can push using the preheat punch......
98d99176a73c8e81d7dac16aa47d2e21.jpg
f8739e1c6fdf03df6629fae6d58fdb5b.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want something of quality at a very reasonable price that does everything well and holds 30 mm attys, go for a smoant cylon. Fastech has 15% off starting on the 18th so it’ll cost only $37
The Cylon I have has been through hell, literally through hell..... And functions perfect...... It is a well priced mod....
e22cfd9e561211dd598a5994e7f7d3c7.jpg

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds to me like you need to raise the wattage for fatter coils.
If you mean me, I did my "experiments" using the max for YiHi TC (200 J) and it didn't even compare to 100W for a DNA250 TC. This only applies to anything larger than a 3x fused clap though and idk about the newest YiHi chips, if they've changed a lot or anything.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you mean me, I did my "experiments" using the max for YiHi TC (200 J) and it didn't even compare to 100W for a DNA250 TC. This only applies to anything larger than a 3x fused clap though and idk about the newest YiHi chips, if they've changed a lot or anything.

the v-it does pretty well compared side by side with the paranormal.
to compare the two boards it would come more down to which interface you preferred- at least in wattage mode
in tc, I still preferred the evolve chip, but the yihi board was no slouch. the evolve board "feels" smoother.
- that's with a 4x28/38 dual Clapton build

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just want to say you do not need a DNA Box to be able to use TC effectively. While I have DNA MOD's I normally use my everyday beaters to do my TC Vaping. Just an opinion based on the MOD's I use for TC many people say it doesn't work. Works for me and maybe they need to RTFM? Good Luck
What mods do you use for TC Steve?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing Like The Yihi SX 350J V2

I have it in The Viscious Ant Duke X and It's only 75 watts..... But man in Powerful+ ha ha ....It gives it a kick.....

And temp control is wonderful........

a54b4104d1a76de84899075daed6646e.jpg

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years

Help?
This is my Christmas gift, Geekvape Aegis Legend 20181218_135535.jpg 20181218_135555.jpg

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
I like the Aegis but not as much as some other mods. I did see someone replace the leather grip with a different fabric as I'm not a huge fan of the brown leather. Still a very nice vape. So many damn choices... I might grab the Voopoo drag 2 just for the time being until I can find the Paranormal in the colors I like. Vapordna had the Paranormal in blue but sold out, love that color combo. Scouring eBay and vendors until then.

I'm basically looking for a high-end mod that will do anything I want it to. Just don't want anything that I'd be afraid to break easily, like the stab-wood mods. It would break my heart to see one of those broken by my butter fingers.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Aegis but not as much as some other mods. I did see someone replace the leather grip with a different fabric as I'm not a huge fan of the brown leather. Still a very nice vape. So many damn choices... I might grab the Voopoo drag 2 just for the time being until I can find the Paranormal in the colors I like. Vapordna had the Paranormal in blue but sold out, love that color combo. Scouring eBay and vendors until then.

I'm basically looking for a high-end mod that will do anything I want it to. Just don't want anything that I'd be afraid to break easily, like the stab-wood mods. It would break my heart to see one of those broken by my butter fingers.
This is solid here.... The Yihi SL.....
c2cfdf0c3eae09b398d8b45c91d3e0af.jpg
e564016ad5a7f1c77768c21e952b92b8.jpg
91e7fd112707c14814257a8a6bfd4148.jpg
3766108528c3efa38694f9eed586182b.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my Christmas gift, Geekvape Aegis Legend View attachment 126965 View attachment 126966
Got mine yesterday. This thing just screams durability at you. DJLSB vape has video of him running it over with his car and the Bogan left his in a big mug of beer for a half hour and it still worked fine. Somebody else (can't remember) threw his out of a second story window. The chip seems pretty decent and the firmware upgrade made a night and day difference in TC too. It's also known to deliver the power it claims as well. Definitely not a given with regulated devices.

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
Got mine yesterday. This thing just screams durability at you. DJLSB vape has video of him running it over with his car and the Bogan left his in a big mug of beer for a half hour and it still worked fine. Somebody else (can't remember) threw his out of a second story window. The chip seems pretty decent and the firmware upgrade made a night and day difference in TC too. It's also known to deliver the power it claims as well. Definitely not a given with regulated devices.
I love it, alongside my Drag I shouldn't have any issues with any broken mods!

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Okay I wound up getting the Aegis Legend for less than $50, all black. Manny, do you have a picture of the Aegis and a gold RTA on top? I ultimately decided on the Aegis for durability and price. I'm still looking for the right 250c DNA mod, just haven't found the one yet. I'm tired of my sqounker leaking at work and not having time to clean it...

Wasn't impressed with the Aegis limited edition colors... mehhhh

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay I wound up getting the Aegis Legend for less than $50, all black. Manny, do you have a picture of the Aegis and a gold RTA on top? I ultimately decided on the Aegis for durability and price. I'm still looking for the right 250c DNA mod, just haven't found the one yet. I'm tired of my sqounker leaking at work and not having time to clean it...

Wasn't impressed with the Aegis limited edition colors... mehhhh
I have a small black mod with a gold 25mm Dead Rabbit....Gold simply looks classy and matches everything
fd0121f5996deceeb0256778f90c951b.jpg
3376451920a68e9df42e43d98a6c7618.jpg
22a3e404ca532bbce7f920d9a7489dac.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want something of quality at a very reasonable price that does everything well and holds 30 mm attys, go for a smoant cylon. Fastech has 15% off starting on the 18th so it’ll cost only $37
I like my Cylon too. It works well, all the time. I'm not big on TC but I think Smoant isn't the worst at it. It's affordable, feels well in the hand. Op requested a 510 connector that is fastened down with screws. The Clyon's is held in place by three torx screws.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like my Cylon too. It works well, all the time. I'm not big on TC but I think Smoant isn't the worst at it. It's affordable, feels well in the hand. Op requested a 510 connector that is fastened down with screws. The Clyon's is held in place by three torx screws.
Or a Wildwolf......
73ce8d3ef8537f406e96bda8f12fdf59.jpg

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Black and gold looks so good. I wanted something I can disassemble if needed, I like to fix stuff when it breaks. I shouldn't need to fix the Aegis legend based on what I've seen. Looked around for the Paranormal today, most places are out of stock. Damn I wish I grabbed the limited edition blue sub ohm that vapordna was selling. :(

S13hitman

Member For 1 Year
Loving the Aegis legend, using a few different atty's and no complaints... It hits so much better than my pulse mech. I sent an email to Vandy vape as well about how disappointed I am with that mod. Hope there's something nice they can do.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Loving the Aegis legend, using a few different atty's and no complaints... It hits so much better than my pulse mech. I sent an email to Vandy vape as well about how disappointed I am with that mod. Hope there's something nice they can do.
If they tell you how to fix the voltage drop there are a lot of us that would love to know. LOL
Glad you found something your happy with.

VU Sponsors