Become a Patron!

Alert?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anybody else heard that FDA is planning to ban menthol cigarettes?

I know most of the forum doesn't smoke. What it comes down to is whether or not menthol vapers need to begin hoarding yet another thing.

I'd about convinced myself we wouldn't lose vaping in the US, but it really seems to me like we're in a scene in the Orwell novel "1984", in which Winston is told by his overseer "we're going to end pleasure".

In Turkey you can get vape liquids but the sale of vaping equipment there is banned. In Denmark you can buy a max 10 ml. bottle of liquid at max 20 mg/ml. Vaping is illegal in Thailand. Utah limits nic concentrations sold in the state to 24 mg in bottles, 36 mg in closed systems (pods, cartridges).

The alert is only in case our menthol people want to start hoarding menthol flavoring in addition to everything else. I posted this in the other forum too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My boss repeated that to me a couple of days ago, about the banning of menthol cigarettes. Evidently he has heard it.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I heard about it quite a while ago, maybe a year ish. Never heard anymore on it, or wheather they were pushing it. Just assumed it would happen, what with the wonderful "free" world we live in....... smh

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Didn't have this pleasure stuff anyway. A bit tired of the illusion of freedom brandied around. Freedom will never have need to defend itself nor boast, be boasted of being. Freedom will simply exist, be. Can only be if we abide one statement as law.

Each of us is free to say, and do what we desire so long as we harm no others.

This is akin to what is often dubbed the Wiccan Rede, "An it harm none do as thou will." It is also one of the three cannon laws. There's Law of the Land (Common Law), Law of the Sea (Admiralty Law / Roman Catholic Law), Law of the Air (Supreme Law). This one is Law of the air.

Yes, the same what Alister Crowley perverted. He vanished though. So there's that.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the same what Alister Crowley perverted. He vanished though. So there's that.

I'll reserve judgment, but I think Crowley may be getting unfairly slandered in some sectors. He said "do what thou wilt, is the whole of the law". But he also said "love is the law".

I used to have a CD of him speaking, but a friend of mine wanted it so badly, I sold it to him. It was one of the more rare ones. Crowley was pretty knowledgeable of history. His Abbey of Thelema was about the work of bringing the world to a harmony after the age of the female (ancient goddess worship), followed by the patriarchal era of a male father god, to now the age of the divine child (Horus). It all seemed to me to make sense in a logical way.

There was a vast occult movement in his time, once there'd been time for the feeling to spread throughout society that the inquisitions and witch hunts were really over, and churches couldn't rule over people anymore. It's been a long time since I gave attention to Crowley though.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think Crowley may be getting unfairly slandered in some sectors.
Maybe so. From what I gather he tried doing something which ought not been tempted. No, it had nothing to do with unity as you posit. It was something else completely different. Have dabbled at it a bit myself. Know from having done, no, it ought not be tempted. Suffice it to say you as a child do not reach for a grandparent's books upon the high shelf.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even Ozzy Osbourne said (in one of his songs) that Crowley was messed up in the head. After reading actual books about the guy, I agree.

As for the subject about banning menthol cigs, I read about that last year. My first instinct was that they were going to go after vaping products again while they were at it. The thing about going after menthol seems overtly racist, since most users of menthol cigarettes are of a particular race. I haven't heard anything about this since.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even Ozzy Osbourne said (in one of his songs) that Crowley was messed up in the head. After reading actual books about the guy, I agree.
There's no point in arguing much about Crowley, who is an undeniably controversial figure. I know at one point he became addicted to drugs, which certainly can change your behavior, but I don't give much credence to Ozzy Osbourne, who has exhibited some strange behavior himself. Reading books about Crowley isn't the same as reading Crowley's books. That said, I haven't read any of his books. I only listened to that one CD, long ago.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If only it were so.

I get a chuckle when looking at the alleged "news". They speak of Freedom Fighters. I think, fire fighters fight fires so then, do freedom fighters fight against freedom? Freedom will not require anyone to fight for it. If it is truly a "gift" then all will want it, deserve it, accept it and be free in doing so. No one will desire taking anyone else's freedom. No one will need to force freedom on others.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get a chuckle when looking at the alleged "news". They speak of Freedom Fighters. I think, fire fighters fight fires so then, do freedom fighters fight against freedom? Freedom will not require anyone to fight for it. If it is truly a "gift" then all will want it, deserve it, accept it and be free in doing so. No one will desire taking anyone else's freedom. No one will need to force freedom on others.
I think we are getting off topic here, and veering towards political discussion. IE: the freedom to violate the freedoms of others. This can be a toxic debate, and should not happen.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone in the other forum asked "What would CASAA want me to "comment"?? Menthol flavored cigarettes almost KILLED me. It's OK with me if they ban ALL combustible cigarettes!"

I understand, but it says on the CASAA action page:

...take this opportunity to urge FDA to ensure that people have access to safer forms of nicotine delivery that are enjoyable and affordable–like vaping, nicotine pouches, and smokeless tobacco products.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Someone in the other forum asked "What would CASAA want me to "comment"?? Menthol flavored cigarettes almost KILLED me. It's OK with me if they ban ALL combustible cigarettes!"

I understand, but it says on the CASAA action page:

...take this opportunity to urge FDA to ensure that people have access to safer forms of nicotine delivery that are enjoyable and affordable–like vaping, nicotine pouches, and smokeless tobacco products.
This is the ploy, imo. See, we got rid of menthol cigs and flavored cigars, because it targets the children. Yours is not the only one (vape products), we are doing it all for the kids. Meanwhile, big tobacco still makes billions off of non menthol, and vaping goes away. They will always get what they want, one way or another

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is the ploy, imo. See, we got rid of menthol cigs and flavored cigars, because it targets the children. Yours is not the only one (vape products), we are doing it all for the kids. Meanwhile, big tobacco still makes billions off of non menthol, and vaping goes away. They will always get what they want, one way or another

Yep, and it splits up nicotine users. Vapers vs smokers with an ability to demonize one against the other. "The smokers want to save children. Evil vapers don't." "Smokers are helping the antz destroy vaping. We vapers ought to fight smokers." A house divided does not stand. We all use nicotine and these issues effect us all.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried smoking a cigarette 2 weeks after giving them up for vaping. Fresh from a friend's pack, it tasted like someone urinated all over the tobacco before it was made into a ciggy. That's how much ammonia they put in it to supposedly make it more addictive.

If someone wants to smoke those nasty things, fine. They can do it upwind from me. Surprisingly, nobody but my brother and his ex-wife ever had anything bad to say about me vaping. Most folk don't smell anything unless they are within 2 feet, and then say it smells delicious.

As for big tobacco, they put their money right where it will benefit them the most whenever something like this comes up... right in the pockets of the lawmakers. There will always be some that won't play along, and that's who we as individuals as as a group need to contact. We cannot afford to lose a swing vote to big tobacco. They are indeed the ones fighting to end vaping, no matter what they appear to proclaim.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We cannot afford to lose a swing vote to big tobacco. They are indeed the ones fighting to end vaping, no matter what they appear to proclaim.
I think the pharmaceutical industry is playing too. They have the smoking cessation drugs that don't work, and the smoking cessation methods that don't work (gum, patch). Pharma never hesitates to throw loads of money at politicians and government bureaucracies.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried smoking a cigarette 2 weeks after giving them up for vaping.

Yeesh, I was afraid to touch a cigarette after I quit them. Even though I was happy, even ecstatic, just vaping and being a nonsmoker, with no cravings for cigarettes, I was afraid that if I smoked one I'd have to start over. When a smoker walks by with a lit one, it still smells nice to me, in a nostalgic way. Almost 10 years later, I sometimes have nightmares that I accidentally smoked a cigarette and now I have to go buy a pack.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeesh, I was afraid to touch a cigarette after I quit them. Even though I was happy, even ecstatic, just vaping and being a nonsmoker, with no cravings for cigarettes, I was afraid that if I smoked one I'd have to start over. When a smoker walks by with a lit one, it still smells nice to me, in a nostalgic way. Almost 10 years later, I sometimes have nightmares that I accidentally smoked a cigarette and now I have to go buy a pack.

I quit smoking for three years before I started vaping, and during that time I used to have those dreams. I'd wake up angry at myself for f'ing up.

Eventually I picked up cigarettes again because I was eating myself into an early grave. I was headed for a fast food cheeseburger one afternoon after work, and it dawned on me that what I really wanted was a cigarette. At that moment it made as much sense to me to smoke cigarettes as it did to keep eating and putting on weight, so I went and bought a pack. I smoked for about a month and was mad at myself the entire time. That was when I went to buy cigarettes one day and saw the Blu e-cigs and decided to try one.

I might have smoked four or five cigarettes since that day, but I was pretty much a vaper from that moment on. Now when I smell one (which I do, all the time, because my son and my husband both smoke), they smell like a nasty garbage can to me and I have NO desire to smoke one. The last time I took even one hit off one was the day my son had a head-on car accident (March, 2017 or 18), and I went off and left my vape at his house. I took about three drags off one of my husband's Camel Lights, and then handed it back to him. Blech. No, Triple Blech. A Blech for every drag.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I quit smoking for three years before I started vaping, and during that time I used to have those dreams. I'd wake up angry at myself for f'ing up.

Eventually I picked up cigarettes again because I was eating myself into an early grave. I was headed for a fast food cheeseburger one afternoon after work, and it dawned on me that what I really wanted was a cigarette. At that moment it made as much sense to me to smoke cigarettes as it did to keep eating and putting on weight, so I went and bought a pack. I smoked for about a month and was mad at myself the entire time. That was when I went to buy cigarettes one day and saw the Blu e-cigs and decided to try one.

I might have smoked four or five cigarettes since that day, but I was pretty much a vaper from that moment on. Now when I smell one (which I do, all the time, because my son and my husband both smoke), they smell like a nasty garbage can to me and I have NO desire to smoke one. The last time I took even one hit off one was the day my son had a head-on car accident (March, 2017 or 18), and I went off and left my vape at his house. I took about three drags off one of my husband's Camel Lights, and then handed it back to him. Blech. No, Triple Blech. A Blech for every drag.
Gosh, what icon to vote with on this? So I gave it a "like".

Sad, tragic, somewhat typical for those of us who self medicate with bad stuff rather than figure out our problems other ways (me too). Your son has recovered I hope?

I wish vaping could keep me from self medicating with chocolate lava cake sometimes.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Gosh, what icon to vote with on this? So I gave it a "like".

Sad, tragic, somewhat typical for those of us who self medicate with bad stuff rather than figure out our problems other ways (me too). Your son has recovered I hope?

I wish vaping could keep me from self medicating with chocolate lava cake sometimes.

I don't really know how to answer your question about my son. From the obvious injuries he had, sure, he's recovered. But his emotional and mental health went to hell after that wreck, and he has struggled ever since.

I thought I would never give up the hot fudge sundaes, but Covid took care of it for me. It's been a blessing in disguise that I've been at home for 2+ years, and hubbs and I got a pretty good handle on the overeating about 18 months ago. I've lost about 70 pounds and hubbs has lost nearly a hundred. He's about the size he was in his early 40s. I have a way to go yet. :)

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow, 70 lbs. Congratulations on that!

I've gone back and forth over replying again on this vs. leaving it alone, especially because I write too much. I got off track vis a vis the title of this thread, so I'll keep on point by saying that if FDA bans menthol cigarettes, followed by a menthol vape flavor ban, I'm afraid clove will be next, which is my ADV. But I've said all along, if I'm left with only unflavored liquid, I'll do it, and once adjusted, it won't bother
me. Clove flavoring is sold for candy and baking, but it seems to me like the FDA does what it wants. They have gotten sassafras bark and licorice root removed from the market (though those have come back in recent years). They could remove vanilla or any flavor by concocting some threat. If anything will make vaping less appealing, I won't put it past the bottom feeders and smiling cheaters at FDA (lyrics, been listening to my old Cop Shoot Cop this morning).

So, smoking, vaping, weight gain, weight loss, emotional health. We've talked before about being born to smokers, and how much that tips the statistics toward becoming a smoker. Regardless of how or why we started smoking, it did relieve stress and provide mood elevation. So substituting a cheeseburger for a cigarette is logical if you understand the dynamic. I brag that vaping let me quit smoking without weight gain, and it did. From 2012 to 2015, no change in how my clothes fit me. I never did like getting on a scale, don't have one, for mental health reasons. But when I started working at home in 2015, it started a whole new clusterf*ck of food and emotions. It was around that time that grocery delivery started, from Burpy and Instacart. Then I discovered restaurant delivery from Doordash. Some days I didn't even open the blinds. I sat here in a dim room looking at grocery lists: donut sticks, bakery bread, linguine Alfredo, Chinese food, Mexican food, rich coffee drinks, etc. etc., frozen, in-store chef prepared, restaurant delivery, whatever. As I started buying larger clothes, I just told myself I needed to be more comfortable.

My eating habits got so bad that my body backlashed with a horrid, disfiguring eczema attack, and that caused me to make changes. I still don't know how much weight I gained, or how much I've since lost, but changing my eating habits, along with some key supplements and more exercise, made the eczema go away and got my weight under control. It will probably always be a battle, because food was my first drug, and as they say, you have to eat, so you can't just go cold turkey and quit food.

As for your son, I am so sorry, because I know that you are burdened with the emotional problems he experiences, because you love him. A horrible accident like that engraves fear in your heart and soul, where it stays for a long time, if not forever. They say there are only two real emotions, love and fear. If the accident was his fault, he has to forgive himself. If someone else did this to him, he has to realize that the other person has nothing to do with him or his potential. I wish I had a magic phrase or exercise to offer. I'm hurting for you both right now.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still get the odd dream where I'm smoking one, and then remember "wait! I don't smoke anymore. Where's my vape?"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'all can be a bit ticked at me. For that matter a bit ticked at myself. Find I've not let go of the occasional urge to rub snuff. That was my first introduction to tobacco/nicotine use at about age 5. A friend's uncle left tins of Copenhagen around where my friend got hold of it. He taught me to rub while working in the gardens. Just something to enjoying a nice calming rub of Copenhagen that vaping cannot simulate.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I sometimes have nightmares that I accidentally smoked a cigarette and now I have to go buy a pack.
I used to have those dreams
I still get the odd dream where I'm smoking one, and then remember "wait! I don't smoke anymore.
Night before last, I had a dream that I couldn't find my mod and discovered that my son had hid it from the young grandchildren by dropping it into a fish tank.
Which is particularly odd because none of us have fish.
:)

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Eventually I picked up cigarettes again because I was eating myself into an early grave. I was headed for a fast food cheeseburger one afternoon after work, and it dawned on me that what I really wanted was a cigarette. At that moment it made as much sense to me to smoke cigarettes as it did to keep eating and putting on weight, so I went and bought a pack.
Anyone else notice that when a lot more people smoked a lot fewer people were obese?
Guess any type of war, even if fought for good reason (yeah, debatable whether that's ever the case) produces casualties.

Of course, there's more to it. The low-fat craze that resulted in a lot more sugar being added to processed foods is a major culprit, certainly. Still, I believe there's a connection between less smoking & more obesity. Vaping, particularly vaping with flavors, deals with that issue like nothing else. But the FDA and those who give it its marching orders don't care. Casualties.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Y'all can be a bit ticked at me. For that matter a bit ticked at myself. Find I've not let go of the occasional urge to rub snuff. That was my first introduction to tobacco/nicotine use at about age 5. A friend's uncle left tins of Copenhagen around where my friend got hold of it. He taught me to rub while working in the gardens. Just something to enjoying a nice calming rub of Copenhagen that vaping cannot simulate.

I certainly don't feel I have the right to criticize you for this. You are the one who will have to deal with the consequences if you get triggered into smoking, not me or anyone else except maybe your wife.

Just remember, for an addict, "control" is a lie and a fantasy. And I'm not saying anything to you that I wouldn't say (or haven't said) to myself.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How many of us started because of a naughty uncle? I got my first cigarette from my uncle. I said let me try one, he said okay. I couldn't stop giggling. It was at a family gathering, Easter I think. Everybody knew what he did, so he got in trouble. I didn't have another one for many years after that though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
How many of us started because of a naughty uncle? I got my first cigarette from my uncle. I said let me try one, he said okay. I couldn't stop giggling. It was at a family gathering, Easter I think. Everybody knew what he did, so he got in trouble. I didn't have another one for many years after that though.

I swiped my first cigarette from my stepdad. He was smoking unfiltered Luckies at the time. Went out behind the garden and lit up, then stayed out there long enough to stop puking. I was green around the gills for a while.

It was I think about 18 months later I picked up Kools and made a habit out of them. Of the nearly 40 years I smoked, I kept to menthol for probably 3/4 of that time.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I swiped my first cigarette from my stepdad. He was smoking unfiltered Luckies at the time. Went out behind the garden and lit up, then stayed out there long enough to stop puking. I was green around the gills for a while.

It was I think about 18 months later I picked up Kools and made a habit out of them. Of the nearly 40 years I smoked, I kept to menthol for probably 3/4 of that time.
Isn't that crazy, that you would go back to something that made you puking sick, and say "I think I'll have some more".

I guess the same happens with alcohol for a lot of people.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Isn't that crazy, that you would go back to something that made you puking sick, and say "I think I'll have some more".

I guess the same happens with alcohol for a lot of people.

Yes, I did the same thing with alcohol, about a year later. If a person grows up in a non-drinking household, then they know nothing about how NOT to drink (like mixing beer and liquor, or drinking a bunch of different things in the same night, overdoing it with vodka and then dumping a quart of water on it the next morning, drinking on an empty stomach, all that). I was a total idiot and the first time I drank alcohol I got totally wasted and insanely sick.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Both of my adoptive parents smoked and drank heavily. So of course I stole their cigs and smoked them. My adoptive father caught me smoking and just wanted to make sure I was using the ash tray. He didn't care about me drinking either. As long as she didn't find out, all was good.

Now, I rarely drink.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno, something seems to be wrong with VU. Trying again.

Here is something I received this morning from CASAA:

The headline is click-bait. It isn't really about FDA "cancelling nicotine", but it was an interesting hour nonetheless. It's about FDA's plan to nearly eliminate nicotine from cigarettes. Right. Is it the FDA really?

It still is a cigarette made of tobacco, combusted tobacco, regular or menthol. The tobacco in the VLN is genetically modified to produce very little nicotine.

Of course, as long as FDA keeps doggedly insisting it's the nicotine in cigarettes that makes smokers sick, we vapers are in trouble. Once the VLN cigarette takes hold, and becomes the only cigarette legally available, the idiocracy will want to reduce the nic in vaping, if only to hold their position.

The participants in the CASAA video provide a lot of info about testing the VLNC, how people dropped out of the studies, how they were caught cheating, even the test subjects who were locked in hotel rooms (discovered through the nic levels in their blood tests), and how none of those failures counted against the final "yay for us" test results.

I tried to figure out the ownership of 22nd Century Group, the makers of the VLN cigarette. Nora B. Sullivan, the "insider" on the list, who owns 100,000 shares, is also on the board of seven other companies. 10 million shares are owned by Blackrock, 8 million by Vanguard, and there are three pages of other capital management and institutional owners. The strongest of those players wouldn't take a chance on something like this without knowing their minions at FDA will hold the line for them. When you look at this, it honestly looks like something devised as nothing more than a money maker.

Looks like another scheme to control people with the public-private partnership, as the numbers of smokers have continued to fall over the years, and underage smokers are down to 2 percent. Let's make a problem so we billionaires can make some money!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like these CASAA videos.

Does YouTube have it out for vaping? (but this video is on YouTube, hmmm)

To criticize YouTube, on YouTube, is not the same thing as breaking their rules. They receive a financial benefit from making vaping related content disappear from their platform upon request, but they don't gain anything significant from doing the same with criticism aimed against them, as not enough viewers will watch and believe this criticism actually matters enough for people to want to take action, when watching cat videos is all that factually does matter to people.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The thing I hate about all livestreams is how the presenters are always waiting for people to join LATE, so you have to endure several minutes of schtick, the bla bla bla, how are ya, weather, etc.

The real discussion starts at 10 minutes in.

CASAA: What the CDC doesn't want you to know about vaping:

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thinking on this quagmire a fair bit. I was also looking over some open source software stuff today. There is a growing movement to clean up the web. There's also a peaceful movement against Google, git. This movement has seen that "Big Brother" is becoming manifest using products designed for the haves. Big Brother types demand all your data, privacy. That and your attention become the product and currency you trade for free services.

All of this is nothing really new. What is new to me at least is some independent source went and figured out how many users in the U.S. it would take to cripple Google. That number is 12 million. All those 12 million need to do is stop using Google services and stay off of them. There is help in the movement to lead folks to alternatives, mainly open source, free and free. The alternatives are respectful of your privacy and data, are ethical.

"Alright, MagicMist, how does this correlate to vaping?"

Glad you asked because it is simple enough. We follow an example. We get 12 million off tobacco, staying off it. Not only that, but we got vaping as an alternate. We need to find means to recycle batteries especially, and other materials from vaping. Our objective is to make vaping ethical and beyond reproach.

In the U.S. then, we might save vaping. After that we go after the world one country/nation/state at a time. Find the tipping point number, achieve it, get ethical and hold fast. If we take away their revenue, they also lose capital. No capital means in a way defunding them. Without money, profit, they'll ultimately fold in loss.

This strategy is based upon Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Corporations have now been ruled as legally living creatures. Profit in the form of revenue offers food to a corporation, in a manner of speaking. The corporation can continue living, growing if it eats. Starve the corporation and it will die.

Here's our ballot and "ammo".

1669159103557.jpeg

We vote as consumers to keep Big Tobacco going. Take away our consumption of Big Tobacco's product, Big Tobacco loses our dollars. Without dollars Big Tobacco cannot pay workers, bills, legal fees and so on. Yep, hit 'em in the pocket book or wallet.

All the "Bigs" have created this "system" to protect themselves. It falls apart though when you use that same system to send them the message you're no longer playing their "game". You can use the very system the Bigs created to hang them. Why do you think lawyers all wear ties? It's their handy noose.

And no, I'm not threatening physical violence, or any violence. What I am suggesting is take a look at the "system" in place, read, research a bit. When in doubt, ask, "who benefits," and "follow the money." A peaceful means to a peaceful end is to be had. Make their rules apply.

A scene in the first episode of Firefly also reminded me of something.

Mal: "The wheel keeps on turning, Badger."

Badger: "Only matters to them what is on the outer edge."

Badger was in error. He was because without the outer edge the spokes fall off. No spokes, you get left with an axle. Axles will drag along and eventually get busted up. You'll be left to carrying by hand. Convenience has become a need. Without it, corporations do not function. Life becomes more difficult.

It all comes to needs. In case unclear, ...

1669160581184.jpeg

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
CASAA explains the California vape flavor ban:

I watched this video when I got the CASAA email. Here is the jist of what's going to happen:

As soon as election results are certified this goes into effect. Vapers who buy their juice from a B&M will only be able to buy tobacco flavored ejuice. No short fills or one-shots can be sold in stores. However, this ban does not affect online sales of flavored ejuice.

There are going to be a lot of menthol smokers affected by this as well as menthol cigarettes are banned. Hookla and Shisa are not effected and they can still get flavored tobacco as well as regular pipe smokers. Flavored cigars like Swisher Sweets are banned, but high end hand rolled flavored cigars are allowed.

If you're a Californian like me your choices are:
1. Order online
2. Vape tobacco flavors if you only go to a B&M. And by tobacco they mean tobacco. No cherry tobacco, no vanilla tobacco, no RY4 style, etc.
3. DIY like me.
4. Quit vaping.
5. Start smoking again. A very poor option.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I watched this video when I got the CASAA email. Here is the jist of what's going to happen:

As soon as election results are certified this goes into effect. Vapers who buy their juice from a B&M will only be able to buy tobacco flavored ejuice. No short fills or one-shots can be sold in stores. However, this ban does not affect online sales of flavored ejuice.

There are going to be a lot of menthol smokers affected by this as well as menthol cigarettes are banned. Hookla and Shisa are not effected and they can still get flavored tobacco as well as regular pipe smokers. Flavored cigars like Swisher Sweets are banned, but high end hand rolled flavored cigars are allowed.

If you're a Californian like me your choices are:
1. Order online
2. Vape tobacco flavors if you only go to a B&M. And by tobacco they mean tobacco. No cherry tobacco, no vanilla tobacco, no RY4 style, etc.
3. DIY like me.
4. Quit vaping.
5. Start smoking again. A very poor option.
Here in the United Socialist Soviet Republic Of New York passed this flavor ban in March of 2020 during Covid lockdown.
There are still a few places that will ship flavored eliquid to New York so I can still order from them. I also stocked up before the ban hit because living in one of the largest Nanny States in the country I could see the writing on the wall to try to end vaping here in NY.
Going back to smoking cigarettes after over 7 years of vaping was not going to be the option for me. I was lucky to have extra money and find some great sales on eliquids to be able to stock up and I vape zero nic.
All this because of the kids, to stop another generation of smokers since the State considers vaping is the same as smoking. The State doesn't think that vaping is a useful tool to help get people off of cigarettes and having flavors other than tobacco is very important in helping people quit smoking is just crazy to me.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors