Become a Patron!

Alert?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Oh, there was also Reservation smokes as well. On Reservations there's no taxing as the land is considered under "other national sovereignty". That means smokes can be sold dirt cheap. At one time it was a booming mail order business, until the states complained to the Feds. States got no tax money, as the Reservations faced no export or import taxing.

Does the word money help peel back the curtain for you? *grin*

All a shell game, or Ponzi scheme.
That is still a thing.
I want to say they are marked with a red mark versus a state tax stamp, but its been so long for me at least. U just have to live near one.

Edit-after typing that is the first time in my life i ever associated a red mark with native americans or even thought to make that connection, but i was also a marlboro red smoker, so forgive me if i am mis-remembering, i could swear there was something like that on em, a red dot or something

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting idea of freedom. Not what either Washington or Moses had in mind, I'm sure.
Um, yeah o_O
Never tried Davidoff Gold. Wish I had now, after your description.

Well I'm sure this is for a different thread, but I think I could play with it and come close to Davidoff in a vape.

ECBlend Cuban Gold is the only flavor I ever thought tasted like a cigarette. It's supposed to be cigar, but really it's a good cigarette approximation. Some of that with a bit of chocolate mixed in, not too much, would have to at least be good, if not Davidoff. I'm talking about mixing one ready-to-vape at your nic level with another one in the other flavor, not mixing pg, vg, nic base and flavor extracts. Just simple easy mixing of flavored eliquids. There probably is a brandy or whisky flavor out there, to add a few drops of as well.

But I haven't played with that because I'm really happy with clove as my ADV.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, there was also Reservation smokes as well. On Reservations there's no taxing as the land is considered under "other national sovereignty". That means smokes can be sold dirt cheap. At one time it was a booming mail order business, until the states complained to the Feds. States got no tax money, as the Reservations faced no export or import taxing.

Does the word money help peel back the curtain for you? *grin*

All a shell game, or Ponzi scheme.
I'm trying to remember, about buying them from the reservations. I don't think I ever did, probably because they were as expensive as anywhere else in the US.

The American Spirit cigs were very good, organically grown tobacco, with a certain natural sweetness to them. But they were expensive.

I have to cap this conversation by saying I'm just reminiscing about when cigarette prices went through the roof with taxes, not reminiscing about smoking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE vaping, the freedom from cigarettes, freedom from lung disease. It wasn't the price of cigarettes that made me take up vaping. I never even thought of quitting until my good friends came to town, approaching their one year anniversary of being off cigarettes by vaping. He said "here, try this, it's my custom blend" and handed me his vape. Mmmm. It was a taste of hope. She said "try mine, it's strawberry" (gack, but it still was hope).

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
American spirits r just better quality cigs than a camel or marlboro

No comment on clove, lol
Really?

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
American spirits r just better quality cigs than a camel or marlboro

No comment on clove, lol
Really?
To be clear, clove vape, not clove cigs. I used to love clove cigarettes as a special nightclub or concert treat because people around you didn't mind them, and they tasted so nice and sweet and smelled so good. However they were very harsh on the lungs.

So as I began experimenting with vaping, I must have tried 150 different flavors. It was fun, and back then the sellers would send you a few tiny sample bottles of flavors when you ordered anything. Then one day I found clove. It wasn't like a light bulb turned on. It was like a stadium lit up, and fireworks went off. CLOVE, my old favorite, without harm. Some days, I'm still thrilled about it.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to cap this conversation by saying I'm just reminiscing about when cigarette prices went through the roof with taxes, not reminiscing about smoking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE vaping, the freedom from cigarettes, freedom from lung disease.

You needn't justify or explain to me, hon. Can recall once talking to a delivery person for a major cigarette brand. They provided a tobacco shop with caseloads of cigarettes. At the time, their brand was retailing at $1.50 per pack.

This delivery agent told me what roll off factory cost ended up being. $0.30 per pack. They quickly tossed me a "fell of the truck" carton and took $2.00 from me with a wink and nod. "Cost of business," they said.

Looking back, I wonder if big tobacco got off far too cheaply. Consider, I smoked for 35 years. I'm sure I wasn't the "only" loss-leader case.

"Here, have a nice juicy apple, free for now."

Next day, "Hey, can I get an apple?"

"Sure honey, fifty cents."

"Here, take my money."

Yes, seems we all "been there" with that monkey on the back.

Last edited:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You needn't justify or explain to me, hon. Can recall once talking to a delivery person for a major cigarette brand. They provided a tobacco shop with caseloads of cigarettes. At the time, their brand was retailing at $1.50 per pack.

This delivery agent told me what roll off factory cost ended up being. $0.30 per pack. They quickly tossed me a "fell of the truck" carton and took $2.00 from me with a wink and nod. "Cost of business," they said.

Looking back, I wonder if big tobacco got off far too cheaply. Consider, I smoked for 35 years. I'm sure I wasn't the "only" loss-leader case.

"Here, have a nice juicy apple, free for now."

Next day, "Hey, can I get an apple?"

"Sure honey, fifty cents."

"Here, take my money."

Yes, seems we all "been there" with that monkey on the back.
I did the math once, its roughly 65-70k if u avg them starting at 1.50/2.00 a pack

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did the math once, its roughly 65-70k if u avg them starting at 1.50/2.00 a pack
Yep, put someone's child part way through college, bought a house/home. Guess the bit about child getting educated is irrelevant to me. Being biologically sterile, it's very unlikely I would get one educated of my own. Kind of irrelevant about buying a home, as well. Thinking more so that renting seems more feasible.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I think its just adorable that they think anyone cares about smokers quitting

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, really cute :rolleyes:
Sorry, in a cynical mood.

And hungry...lol
Edit-funny, if my vice was alcohol i could be sitting here with an ice cream cone of it enjoying it, not alluring to kids at all

Last edited:

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Apologies for the double post as well but being serious now, the woman on the left pegged it when she said they wouldnt even answer that first fundamental question. if they arent even going to answer that then what is the rest even worth

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, in a cynical mood.

And hungry...lol
Edit-funny, if my vice was alcohol i could be sitting here with an ice cream cone of it enjoying it, not alluring to kids at all
I understood you, Mr_Nobody. When it comes to the FDA, I'm always cynical.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I understood you, Mr_Nobody. When it comes to the FDA, I'm always cynical.

Take care using the word cynical.

It gives over control to "others" & sets each one of us up to be "victim". Frankly, tired of "playing" that "game".

“Yo fuck the system, I got my own system.”
– Yolandi Visser

My rules work out better. I live according to dog logic, true cynicism. Can I play with it? No. Can I eat it? No.
Piss on it and move along.

I will not tell folks that act all high and mighty seeking to control others to go fuck themselves. No, they are not worth even a self-love fuck. They need to go un-fuck themselves. So, I say piss on them and move along.

Think Morgan Freeman had a very powerful point.

If we simply move on and ignore the idiots trying to wrest control, how will they get control? They will not. We refuse to seeing, hearing, knowing them. They do not exist.

Stop discussing some agent seeking power. You eliminate its power all together. There is no energy fed to it, as no one cares regarding it. No energy means no power, that means no chance ever to take control.

On the other hand and conversely, the more we keep lending credence to those wanting control, the more of it they gain.

I say un-fuck them. They aren't worth my fuck/s. If I'm not bothered to fuck with something, someone, rather in the coital way or simply to talk about them, ... not bothered paying attention to them, giving them energy of any kind.

This is a strategy "they" use as well, along with divide and conquer. We start uniting in not giving a fuck about them, we take the power back. What can they do to the impervious?

Like I said, "no power in the 'verse."

Sorry if I'm not getting emotional any more over this. Think my rationale is explained clear enough. I've decided to "try something different" rather than subscribe to the insanity of repeating the same response/action and expecting different results. I'm taking control and not giving it up to anyone else.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CASAA call to action

Minnesota flavor ban

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Hegelian Dialectic has been used by organized crime for ages. They arrange it a little differently than its pure form

In pure form:

Thesis - This is the argument for something.
Antithesis - This is an argument against something.
Synthesis - this is the result derived by a third party which may form a compromise, but is not obligated to do so.

Organized crime breaks it down like this. Keep thugs on the payroll. See a new mom & pop shop open up in your neighborhood. Send in the thugs to stir up a fistful of trouble. Let mom & pop worry a bit. Send in your well groomed lawyer also on payroll.

"Hey, mom & pop, listen up. My boss can let these thugs wreck you, or you can give me, oh, 60% of your profit for my boss. You can garner out a living, but only a living. Pay each month, or we send the thugs."

It's Problem, Reaction, Solution. The "boss" has the solution already planned, he'll make more off someone. They get a problem if he doesn't get their tribute reaction.

Who you think taught government, or organized crime? Age old question, ...

AC/DC --- Who Made Who?

Homework: Explore the word thug. It goes back into India, those who worship Kali/Death. Thugs are thieves, murders, ruffians, scoundrels in the name of serving death. The Indian word translates to thugee. We modernize it and say thug. Worship of death still persists to this day.

Then another idea persists as well.

We shall have liberty & freedom! If we need to break the jail, we will. Are we thugs? No, we're those the thug fears. We're here worshiping Life.

Stop cowering, begging permission. Take freedom & liberty.

Get their shit out of here. No one wants it anymore. We see it for the shit that it is.

When governments are ignored, they are relegated to not existing, ineffective, incompetent, impotent, inoperable.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, ...

Not emotional, merely seeing the obvious truth and stating it. This time don't revolt, evolve!

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When governments are ignored, they are relegated to not existing, ineffective, incompetent, impotent, inoperable.

People say things like that, but those ineffective, incompetent, impotent, inoperable governments can kick down your door, seize your property and send you to prison if you flout their rules, especially the rules and barriers created by the unelected bureaucracies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
People say things like that, but those ineffective, incompetent, impotent, inoperable governments can kick down your door, seize your property and send you to prison if you flout their rules, especially the rules and barriers created by the unelected bureaucracies.

And those kicking in doors get the first mete of hot lead too. Do you forget the Law of The Land which lets each person bear arms and to lawfully protect life, person, property?

I do not advocate violence. At the same time trouble wrought to my door, I'll end it. I'm sure quite numerous of us would. Are they going to arrest all of America? We'll just break the jail again.

That's my point too. It is time we change.

We don't need held at gunpoint, or jack heeled. None of us!

There is just us. Let's realize that and have justice, peace.

Do I have all the answers? No.

Any? Maybe, but I'm not sure.

I do know though we don't need people who use fear as a tool, weapon to be in control. As I said, I've taken control back for myself. There is a lot going on in my life presently, what could terrify me into paralysis. No. I refuse that. I choose to maintain hope and have faith in myself, my wife, our love & life.

Yes shit is bleak for vaping. It's bleak for damn near everything. Considered water lately? Get ready to hate Nestle. Thought about Australia as the world's nuclear wasteland? Hear rumbling from fracking ten miles away? Paying medical bills?

My one solution to stay any inkling of sane?

Grab fear by its fuzzy little balls, look right into its smelly pus filled face and growl loudly so Zeus trembles.

"FUCK YOU AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!"

I then laugh my ass off, recalling one cannot have coitus with ideas or emotions.

Not telling you to not care. Not saying the issues are not serious, possibly even dire.

I am saying you have to step outside a bit. Breathe! What better way to breathe than laugh? :) If you laugh and keep laughing, you cannot be waterboarded. Your body will instinctively ignore the fear of drowning because you're laughing, the torture fails.

If you laugh through electroshock, it fails too. The energy releases from you without grounding. The amps grounding is what causes the torture. It fails.

So yes, all these woes are important. Would that I had but a magic wand, I'd wave it and solve all ills and ails. Unfortunately, I do not. Nor did Ursula LeGuinn, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Addams, Steven Spielberg, Sydney Sheldon, Stephen King, Victor Hugo and so on.

The only way I know to start? Psst, take your own control back. Any majik will come from our own hand alone. We don't get that unless we take our control back.

Sorry I've come 'round this in such obtuse manner. Some need it, others don't. Take what you need, leave what you don't.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also want to say I apologize if I'm reading too much into your posts here. From my perspective, it seems you have a lot of fear. I know you have a lot else going on in life as well.

All of us do. All of us are only what we seem here in the confines of a vaping forum, too. I apologize if I'm painting a portrait of you by only looking through a tiny pinhole.

Ought to avoid doing such. Forgive me being human and no that's not an excuse. We can all misread anything. It happens even if we do attempt to limit it so.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also want to say I apologize if I'm reading too much into your posts here. From my perspective, it seems you have a lot of fear. I know you have a lot else going on in life as well.

All of us do. All of us are only what we seem here in the confines of a vaping forum, too. I apologize if I'm painting a portrait of you by only looking through a tiny pinhole.

Ought to avoid doing such. Forgive me being human and no that's not an excuse. We can all misread anything. It happens even if we do attempt to limit it so.

This alerts thread is not based in fear but in being proactive and prepared.

The ruling bodies are far more interested in pharmaceutical profits than in smoking harm reduction, so If you don't think you should take any action available to us to prevent the banning of it, or that we don't deserve to have our voices heard as loudly as those of the ANTZ, the nannies and the politicians on soapboxes, then fine, don't do anything.

I'm posting for anybody who cares to take actions that are orchestrated for us by CASAA, and to help my fellow vapers stay aware of what is going on in the world of vaping politics, especially anti-vaping politics.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
being proactive

Two positives create a negative. You could be pro, or you might be active. In either case, you're a singular positive and progressive. You are acting, or you're merely for acting. Placing the two together in the form of proactive negates both.

Nothing is gained without a confrontation. That is how our social system has been created. It allows that who sits atop remains so. That is even encoded in the language itself.

For example. If a police officer asks you if you understand them, your comprehension is not at question, but your loyalty. Do you stand under me?

People do not take the moment to question, but rather accept blindly an illusion. Since you negate your action being proactive, it only appears you're doing something.

Let me put it this way. You have two magnetic bars, each with North and South poles. Follow along? You place the two North ends together. Do you, or do, they repel one another?

In electricity, if you put two positive charges together, they nullify one another and become a negative charge. It is the same basic case logic with words.

You are allowed the permission to protest, to remit a grievance. Why do you need permission to do that? Do you not live in the land of the free and home of the brave? Do you comprehend the meaning in that phrase, land of the free and home of the brave?

This land is free because those brave enough wrested that freedom away, took control and made this land their home. Having people bandy about being proactive and doing what is allowed is an insult.

If you don't think you should take any action available to us to prevent the banning of it, or that we don't deserve to have our voices heard as loudly as those of the ANTZ, the nannies and the politicians on soapboxes, then fine, don't do anything.

The action available to me is to not ask permission to act. I do not want told what I can or cannot do.

As much as I accuse you of living in an illusion, being fair, I too am. At any time, my "voice" here can be silenced. I am still speaking out loudly, proudly, boldly. I rather use the strategy of ignoring false power. Furthermore, I rather not grant permission or authority to people I do not in any way consider my betters. I will not stand under them. I do not support them.

Likewise, I do not vote to elect them. My power is not theirs. They do not represent me. Even if they claim doing such, they do not. They represent their own self interests and the interests of those sitting atop. I see that very clearly.

I also recall that being governed without due representation started a war to gain independence. Where are we now? Oh, asking permission to protest against anti-vaping legislation which has already passed and will stand. You're presented the illusion there's a vote, a consideration of your choice.

You're correct though. I'm doing nothing. At best, I'm asking people to wake up from a dream that has long ago become a nightmare. At worst, I'll go silent because people like you think you do something and accuse people like me of doing nothing. The reality, we don't have any clue what each other does or doesn't do. What the ones atop do is fill the divide, with their pre-engineered solution.

See the Hegelian dialectic in play, yet? See the use of divide and conquer happening?

Yeah, i'll just sit doing nothing. Seems I fail no matter if I jump, or don't. I'll conserve my energy. Lots of other living to do.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I wasnt gonna respond cuz i have no idea what those posts were about other than acting like an ostrich sticking your head in the sand to hide.

Im sure u feel that way cuz u probably mix, and u probably build on mechs so as far as u r concerned f*** everyone else, u r taken care of.

And to be honest i kind of feel that way too, but i know how much my health has improved by switching from cigs and the way its being handled is literally in a 'we dont understand it, it scares us, it must be evil' mentality.

The world isnt made of nerf, no matter what u do life will hurt u until it kills u, the only thing u can do is to moderate the risk

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im sure u feel that way cuz u probably mix, and u probably build on mechs so as far as u r concerned f*** everyone else, u r taken care of.
It is not so much that thinking.

We teach children to ignore people who pick on them. We have an expression online. "Don't feed the trolls." We ignore people who are agitating for their own perverse entertainment.

What else do we add to the advice of ignoring? "They'll go away." And more often than not, that's what happens, too.

Why does this work, or seem to work? Well, if you stop ruminating upon something, it loses attention. Attention creates energy and some even say is an energy.

The more energy something has, the more its power. Well, okay then, let's take away the power of the negative. In this case, it is a corrupt government, big tobacco, big pharmacology, big money.

Strength / Power / Majority / Might doesn't always equate to right. Our own republic government through using democracy even protects the minority.

I'm in a minority here, I guess. I'm going to ignore a troll, not ask its permission to live my life and pursue happiness. Likewise, I don't need to beg my government to let me do that. It is allegedly a guaranteed and protected right.

Others seem to me to choose to be afraid, cowering, begging for what is already granted. They seem keen to fall for an illusion of some puffed up boogeyman.

Got tired of that drama in my life. It does not warrant taking over my life, my chasing an elusive butterfly called happiness. That crap has no control. I have control.

That's where I am, but it gets so twisted around. *smh*

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

We teach children to ignore people who pick on them. We have an expression online. "Don't feed the trolls." We ignore people who are agitating for their own perverse entertainment.

What else do we add to the advice of ignoring? "They'll go away." And more often than not, that's what happens, too.

Why does this work, or seem to work? Well, if you stop ruminating upon something, it loses attention. Attention creates energy and some even say is an energy.

The more energy something has, the more its power. Well, okay then, let's take away the power of the negative. In this case, it is a corrupt government, big tobacco, big pharmacology, big money.

Strength / Power / Majority / Might doesn't always equate to right. Our own republic government through using democracy even protects the minority.

I'm in a minority here, I guess. I'm going to ignore a troll, not ask its permission to live my life and pursue happiness. Likewise, I don't need to beg my government to let me do that. It is allegedly a guaranteed and protected right.

Others seem to me to choose to be afraid, cowering, begging for what is already granted. They seem keen to fall for an illusion of some puffed up boogeyman.

Got tired of that drama in my life. It does not warrant taking over my life, my chasing an elusive butterfly called happiness. That crap has no control. I have control.

Up long enough. Rant expired.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

MMM, in this instance you are functioning as a troll.

I understand the philosophy that giving something attention gives energy to it, and I agree that ignoring things will work when it comes to peoples attitudes and prejudices toward things they don't like. It does not work when government nannies want to take away our vapes. Already there have been various kinds of vape bans in this country, mainly flavor bans, but others too, and more are in the pipelines.

Do you understand that in some countries you can go to jail for possessing vape supplies? Do you understand that in some countries it is illegal to sell nicotine vape liquids, or that in other countries you can buy the liquids but not the equipment? Do you understand that it wasn't always so, and occurred because of anti-vaping zealots, politicians grabbing power by appealing to the lowest common denominator, and unelected bureaucracies bought off by multinational corporations?

I'll state it one more time: this thread is for people who would care to stay informed of opportunities to stand up for adult freedom to vape legal substances, to stand up for access to this safe smoking cessation method, for the legal sale of legal substances for vaping, for pushing the FDA to leave non-tobacco nicotine alone, to educate the public, and to know when there are opportunities to take action against anti-vaping legislation.

Can you start your own thread about how important it is not to care?

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you understand that in some countries you can go to jail for possessing vape supplies? Do you understand that in some countries it is illegal to sell nicotine vape liquids, or that in other countries you can buy the liquids but not the equipment? Do you understand that it wasn't always so, and occurred because of anti-vaping zealots, politicians grabbing power by appealing to the lowest common denominator, and unelected bureaucracies bought off by multinational corporations?

I'll state it one more time: this thread is for people who would care to stay informed of opportunities to stand up for adult freedom to vape legal substances, to stand up for access to this safe smoking cessation method, for the legal sale of legal substances for vaping, for pushing the FDA to leave non-tobacco nicotine alone, to educate the public, and to know when there are opportunities to take action against anti-vaping legislation.

Can you start your own thread about how important it is not to care?
Do YOU understand that some vapers are simply assholes?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
And BTW... what happened to VU's prohibition (censorship) of all political talk here?
That rule hurt this place badly imo but if it's a rule, then ENFORCE it!

Bullshit!
I have my own rule about getting political. noted and the paragraph relating to it in my previous post deleted, lol

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And BTW... what happened to VU's prohibition (censorship) of all political talk here?
That rule hurt this place badly imo but if it's a rule, then ENFORCE it!

Bullshit!

Part of my point. The message seeming pushed here is one has to get political.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

No, I'm a completely clueless person regarding the tribulations of vapers. I have known of troubles we face, let me go look it up in ECF. Years ago, I knew about trouble we'd face.

I still vape, others still vape.

It is not that I do not care. It is that I care too much to be of any help. What I mean is that I care so much it becomes a detriment. That creates a liability.

I have to not be involved as it hurts too much. Can take being smacked around with a sledgehammer. Cannot take reading about a brother stoned to death for carrying a mod in public. Cannot take reading that about 47 to 50 million in India are forced to return to cigarettes because Big Tobacco has bought out the government there.

No, I have no fucking clue. Just keep pouring the salt in the wound, huh?

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kids WITH A FATHER IN THE HOUSE are taught to DEFEND themselves!
No father = no family. Angry, jealous psycho single mommie would rather raise a tranny and feminize her son just to 'get back' at dad for sleighting her.

Eh, you may be unto something there to some degree. My mom never feminized me, though. She tried getting me a new daddy/father. He was a prick though and simply crazy, doper, drunk, abusive. He was also a long haul trucker who was gone all week. Come in on weekends and tossed all "fatherly" responsibilities onto a kid, went to sleep after doping, drinking, beating wife and kid.

But yeah, I had no dad. Had to grow up being my own. Learned defense of self from grandfather, uncle. Got to an age where I asked to learn to kill. Had it in mind to be rid of the trucker. Got taught to live instead. Yes, I can and could kill.

It's far more difficult to let an enemy live. More of a challenge to forgive someone. Not cowardice to know what an enemy can do, know their "weapons" and turn your back on them, walk away. Quite the opposite of cowardice, in fact.

Anyway, interesting notion on no father being no family.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MMM, in this instance you are functioning as a troll.

Actually, I was trying to convey a valid point of view. I do not get entertainment from having others call me a coward, apathetic simply because I see various other ways to attempt solving a problem.

Fair enough point, indifference can be seen as apathy. That indifference, though, is arrived at from realizing too much caring. It is forced on one such as myself. I have to attempt being indifferent lest my passions, caring lead me to acting, speaking in manner to worsen.

Apologize, you and others cannot see any way further than advocate, protest, get political. There are other ways, like ignoring and taking away power.

Stop playing a game where the house makes the rules. Go off, march to your own drummer. Play with your own marbles, your own game. That is the point I'm trying to relate. The "boys" have already rigged the "game". No matter how you play, they'll win. So, why play their game?

Turn the table around. Make them play your game. Use what they created against them in ways they did not consider.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

A little past 10 minutes into the video. I think he is using his point in broad strokes. He is painting all doctors as benighted and not desiring to learn. Not all doctors are that way. Being fair, he did finally mention doctors are coming around to harm reduction.

He is correct in the use of vitamin E and lacing vapes in vaping being an excuse crisis to further attacks on vaping.

Alright, 13 minutes into the spiel, it gets political. Apologies, but at that point I stop paying attention. That is the "game" I don't play. My game, if you can say living life is a game, simply says people are people.

Can agree with him to a point. After that, he brings it into politics. I don't want to be bothered with politics beyond the voting booth. If I want to vote, I vote. How I vote is how I choose and not open to discussion. It is, like religion, a personal and private thing.

Yes, I know I state openly I'm Agnostic. There is more to my spirituality than that topological expression. I do not openly share everything. No need exists to do so, nor any desire.

I can respect whatever anyone else holds as religious. There's an understanding, a social contract in America, we are a secular nation. Politicians can quip, "God bless America" all day long. That does not make America a Christian, Jewish, Muslim nation. We are secular, meaning all religions like all people are equal.

All this unfounded evoking of intolerance needs to stop. The only reason such dividing of people exists is to benefit those at the top. It lets them keep power by having us divided and fighting one another. It is a game for their amusement.

There's no mistake or misunderstanding, either. You only get intolerance when tribalism exists. When you divide a people, all you get left is tribalism. So yes, it is evoking intolerance, and even hate.

As said, I stopped playing that game.

Now, I've given your message a fair hearing out. And yes, thirteen minutes is more than fair. Novelists are allowed only thirty seconds to enthrall an editor off a page. You're allowed only ten seconds to pitch a story idea verbally.

This is my olive branch, my attempt to compromise, to comprehend what your message is. I would admit error, it seems though I was correct. Your message is a political tool laden with political rhetoric. Apologies, you can say what you want, sure. I got the right to ignore it as much as your right to say it. That's where I leave it.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A little past 10 minutes into the video. I think he is using his point in broad strokes. He is painting all doctors as benighted and not desiring to learn. Not all doctors are that way. Being fair, he did finally mention doctors are coming around to harm reduction.

He is correct in the use of vitamin E and lacing vapes in vaping being an excuse crisis to further attacks on vaping.

Alright, 13 minutes into the spiel, it gets political. Apologies, but at that point I stop paying attention. That is the "game" I don't play. My game, if you can say living life is a game, simply says people are people.

Can agree with him to a point. After that, he brings it into politics. I don't want to be bothered with politics beyond the voting booth. If I want to vote, I vote. How I vote is how I choose and not open to discussion. It is, like religion, a personal and private thing.

Yes, I know I state openly I'm Agnostic. There is more to my spirituality than that topological expression. I do not openly share everything. No need exists to do so, nor any desire.

I can respect whatever anyone else holds as religious. There's an understanding, a social contract in America, we are a secular nation. Politicians can quip, "God bless America" all day long. That does not make America a Christian, Jewish, Muslim nation. We are secular, meaning all religions like all people are equal.

All this unfounded evoking of intolerance needs to stop. The only reason such dividing of people exists is to benefit those at the top. It lets them keep power by having us divided and fighting one another. It is a game for their amusement.

There's no mistake or misunderstanding, either. You only get intolerance when tribalism exists. When you divide a people, all you get left is tribalism. So yes, it is evoking intolerance, and even hate.

As said, I stopped playing that game.

Now, I've given your message a fair hearing out. And yes, thirteen minutes is more than fair. Novelists are allowed only thirty seconds to enthrall an editor off a page. You're allowed only ten seconds to pitch a story idea verbally.

This is my olive branch, my attempt to compromise, to comprehend what your message is. I would admit error, it seems though I was correct. Your message is a political tool laden with political rhetoric. Apologies, you can say what you want, sure. I got the right to ignore it as much as your right to say it. That's where I leave it.

The video was not "my message". I just thought he gave a fair analysis of how the whole attempt to regulate vaping is derailed. Analyzing which side of the political spectrum anti-vaping sentiment tends to fall on, a question he was asked, is not suggesting that left or right is the correct side to be on. He gives some interesting insights into how the actual science takes a back seat, and how the FDA doesn't bother to regulate the flood of foreign disposables arriving into our ports without PMTA applications, while small vape shops selling PMTA applied products (applied is all, since FDA has not acted on the applications) are terrorized. He explains why the left/right paradigm on vaping ideology occurs vis a vis which side, in this country, has tended to produce the most cigarette smokers. I have not expressed any sentiment about what side of the political spectrum is best to be on. I think politicians left and right are all the same species of parasite. If there is any insidious party in charge, I believe it's pharma.

I have only posted opportunities to act, and ways to be aware. I never once used the words politics or political in this thread. I never once said "vote for this demopublican" or "down with that republicrat".

But fine, I will leave this particular thread to the thumb sucking padded playpen baby brawlers, for whom staying oblivious to attempts to take away your vape binky is preferable to knowing and being prepared to take action to protect your right to smoking harm reduction products.

Mommy, she hurt me, waaaaaaa!
How did she hurt you?
She insinuated politics, wa wa waaaa.

Teacher, she scared me.
With what?
Anti-vaping legislative awareness. Waaaa!

Daddy, she hurt me.
How did she hurt you?
She said I might have to do something to keep my right to have my binky. Waaaaaaaaaaa!

I leave it all to you, to write pages of empty arguments against fighting for your right to vape, to suck on your vape binky peacefully, more comfortable not knowing than knowing, until they take away your binky. What will remain here will be the earlier posts and replies from the actual adults on this forum, as a testament to what I tried to do with this thread. For any who remain interested, there are alert and legislative action threads on the other vaping forum.

GFL

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, there is this, that. You're posting here. If people want to look at discussion of the nature you're posting, they can locate it in the appropriate threads. You're posting advocacy in a thread about ejuice flavor discussion.

Not normally a stickler for cross thread posting. Don't play victim. You apparently knew you were posting advocacy in a thread to discuss flavors. Quite adult of you. Quite manipulative. I'm being a troll?

Quit laying out barbs to evoke and incite drama. There will be no drama. Keep doing as you've done here and forfeit being a victim and earn another moniker.

Perhaps the goal, anyway. At the very least, it seems indicative of something happening on the forum site. I don't know, are you perhaps an AI script which rotates out a script for the site? Yes, such creatures do exist. They've existed quite a while, going back to the days of bulletin board systems online.

I would know. Likely, I helped program a few of them. They are usually based on a Perl script chat/irc-bot. (Internet Relay Chat) The script seeks regular expressions, patterns in conversation/text, then is triggered to inject its own canned text.

Working in text is not as limiting as one may think, either. After all, HTML is simply text, Javascript is text but yet now is considered a fully capable programming language. One can create programs out of text to say open doors, access databases, locate images and so on.

Ah, but I too get off-topic here. I'll discuss the menthol flavor in the Berg. To me, it is a pretty potent menthol. There is no subtly to it like to be found in Hawk Sauce. Hawk Sauce though is not meant as a full menthol flavor, being more of a blueberry.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors