Become a Patron!

Ali Express not selling vape stuff to US any more?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been buying lots of electronic components and such from Ali Express for over a year now.
I got curious to see what kind of vape stuff they offered. Never bought vape stuff from them before.
Lots come up on a search but I clicked on close to 50 different random vape things old and new and ALL said Page not found...
And I was logged in as a registered customer...
so they knew I lived in the USA...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would appear that they are not selling vape stuff to US buyers either..
Ali Baba, JD and Ali Express gone.
I am not even gonna check out others...

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I don't remember which thread I was on but someone else mentioned that they quit shipping vape stuff to the US. Which bums me out because I had a list of stuff I was waiting to order from them...

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I have been buying lots of electronic components and such from Ali Express for over a year now.
I got curious to see what kind of vape stuff they offered. Never bought vape stuff from them before.
Lots come up on a search but I clicked on close to 50 different random vape things old and new and ALL said Page not found...
And I was logged in as a registered customer...
so they knew I lived in the USA...
I've had the same problem. I've been buying vape gear from them for over 3 years now, and then one day I tried to buy something off my wish list and it said item can not ship to United States. No notice, email, or anything...they just stopped. I also used to buy a lot of Xmas gifts, birthday gifts, etc from Aliexpress...no more! I uninstalled the app and will no longer order ANYTHING from them, even if it means paying more somewhere else.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think @SnapDragon NY was the first one to tell us about this last week, the day they shut down US shipping, I believe.

I liked ordering from AliExpress, am quite frustrated with this situation.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is Ali express part of Ali Baba?
I know there is an ali Baba Express so I thought they were different?

Edit:
I think after some brief research that AliExpress is individual rertail and Epress Alibaba is mainly wholesale.
I looked at some Brushless motors from Alibaba and they seemed to want to sell them in lots not individually. An electric scooter project for the wife unit. Of course powered by 18650's :)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think @SnapDragon NY was the first one to tell us about this last week, the day they shut down US shipping, I believe.

I liked ordering from AliExpress, am quite frustrated with this situation.
yep you are correct then i took in out into its own after i found a possible connection which is in the post i made above.
Is Ali express part of Ali Baba?
I know there is an ali Baba Express so I thought they were different?

Edit:
I think after some brief research that AliExpress is individual rertail and Epress Alibaba is mainly wholesale.
I looked at some Brushless motors from Alibaba and they seemed to want to sell them in lots not individually. An electric scooter project for the wife unit.
as far as i am aware it is

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep you are correct then i took in out into its own after i found a possible connection which is in the post i made above.

as far as i am aware it is
Thanks for the clarification.

I will still buy electronics stuff from AliExpress since they are so much cheaper than anyplace else.
Not gonna cut off my nose to spite my face over them abiding by deeming regs.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Ali baba is pretty much B2B (business to business) site. Pretty much everything sold is in lots or have a minimum purchase requirement. I did a lot of communicating with different businesses in China when I was trying to start up my online vape store.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi, I'm a newbie. Is there a new customs policy or AliExpress just decided to end it with vapes? I used to buy coils from them

Two of the biggest Chinese e-commerce giants said they will stop selling e-cigarette and accessory products to U.S. buyers amid a proposed ban on certain flavored vaping products after rising lung injury cases associated with vaping.

Alibaba Group said Wednesday that starting Oct. 10 listings for vaping products will not be displayed for U.S. users and orders from U.S. buyers will be blocked.

JD.com Inc. announced a similar move, saying any shipping of vaping products to the U.S. will be suspended, according to a Chinese media report.

These two represent ~80% of Chinese e-Commerce market to US

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Two of the biggest Chinese e-commerce giants said they will stop selling e-cigarette and accessory products to U.S. buyers amid a proposed ban on certain flavored vaping products after rising lung injury cases associated with vaping.

Alibaba Group said Wednesday that starting Oct. 10 listings for vaping products will not be displayed for U.S. users and orders from U.S. buyers will be blocked.

JD.com Inc. announced a similar move, saying any shipping of vaping products to the U.S. will be suspended, according to a Chinese media report.

These two represent ~80% of Chinese e-Commerce market to US
Damn that sucks. EBay also removed all vaping products from their website as well. Chinese vendors included.

BigDisplay

Member For 4 Years
I'm from Denmark in Europe and I don't have any problems. So it might be true.
I just searched for Smok.

They support Huawei i guess.
02fc63b28f48c6964bbaebd6e2cb2aa5.jpg

Sendt fra min EVR-L29 med Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh it is true for those of us in the US. All of the Ali baba family of companies have stopped selling vape stuff to US customers.

We also have the Deeming regs over here and it has never been legal to import vape stuff not on the US market prior to 8-8-2016. They have just been lax on enforcement, but that is scheduled to start in May. And was pushed by a court order.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was never really a fan of things from Ali Express personally. The few components I bought of there even though they were cheap, the quality felt kind of off. I'd much rather pay a little more but have better quality products

Deeming might be coming down in September, so if you need stuff, now’s prolly the time to get it.

If you don’t DIY yet, check out the mixing threads here, or just ask someone.

Sourcemore has okay stuff, but some other Chinese vendors are apparently not shipping stuff.

Hope you’re doing okay in lockdown. :wave::cloud:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used to have good friends at HealthCabin. Since our trading tensions between Aus and China its all gone outer space silent. Really sad because we used to share pictures and things from each other's countries as friends. One lady was even having a baby and I was so looking forward to hearing if it was a boy or girl. Sadly Iv been totally cut off. :(
I couldn't care less about the gear, it was the friendships I valued. I sadly feel they have been cut off. :(

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I used to have good friends at HealthCabin. Since our trading tensions between Aus and China its all gone outer space silent. Really sad because we used to share pictures and things from each other's countries as friends. One lady was even having a baby and I was so looking forward to hearing if it was a boy or girl. Sadly Iv been totally cut off. :(
I couldn't care less about the gear, it was the friendships I valued. I sadly feel they have been cut off. :(

Maybe since the pandemic, they’ve blocked internet access there to AUS. It may not be anything personally against you, mate. Hope you get it straightened out eventually. :hug:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Maybe since the pandemic, they’ve blocked internet access there to AUS. It may not be anything personally against you, mate. Hope you get it straightened out eventually. :hug:
Hi. We were all good during their worst of it. Just gone crickets since the war of words with our PM calling for an enquiry into the origins of covid in China. They may have blocked things after that, their rulers are pretty full on controlling their internet.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This happened since November of last year in China. I can still get small amount of searches, just choose your words carefully.

Like I don’t type in Chinese word e-cigarette and I use more in deep words like mech mod on Chinese or tank. They only banned search words like general basic words, they aren’t that pro when it comes to in deep terms.

You can use a VPN for this and set the location as to somewhere else. I was having the same issue while ordering .The ban is only geo-restricted to the US. All the products are still listed.Just send them your address in the US off of Alibaba messaging.I hope it works!
I'm interested in this method! So far, I've been sending my stuff to a freight forwarder in Spain and the shipping costs are a little bit high. ?
How do you get them to send you to a US address? ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm interested in this method! So far, I've been sending my stuff to a freight forwarder in Spain and the shipping costs are a little bit high.
How do you get them to send you to a US address?

Do you need to buy from them specially? The other Chinese sites are still shipping to the States. It takes a while but it gets here.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Do you need to buy from them specially? The other Chinese sites are still shipping to the States. It takes a while but it gets here.

I'll apologize if I'm wrong, but I'll just about bet that the two posts above your last one are the same person, posting back and forth to him/herself, basically spamming. I've taken a *hidden* link out of one of the posts. Sure looks like spam to me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll apologize if I'm wrong, but I'll just about bet that the two posts above your last one are the same person, posting back and forth to him/herself, basically spamming. I've taken a *hidden* link out of one of the posts. Sure looks like spam to me.

Wow, that’s strange!! Maybe the entire thread should be closed! And maybe I should quit trying to be be helpful everywhere. :teehee:

Hidden links are definitely spam related.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Wow, that’s strange!! Maybe the entire thread should be closed! And maybe I should quit trying to be be helpful everywhere. :teehee:

Hidden links are definitely spam related.

After a while it gets pretty easy to spot them. Does take a while, though, at least it did for me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
After a while it gets pretty easy to spot them. Does take a while, though, at least it did for me.

When I answered, I got the feeling that it sounded familiar. So, I guess answering dumbass posts like this is what’s helped get me 20K posts!

Edit: I forgot to say the llamas with wigs avi is great. Like if the Supremes were llamas, that would be their band. Lol

VU Sponsors