Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this Good :) or BAD :devil:

Philip Morris Is Post-Vape
"Tobacco giant Philip Morris says it eventually wants people to quit smoking cigarettes,
and is investing resources into high-tech smoking alternatives"

Philip Morris does have the money to fight the FDA . :huh:
Or will they help close the little shops and corner the market and start dumping their shit chemicals in the Juices. :facepalm:

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
no they don't, varitbe had them as well. but stopped carrying them

Well, this I did not know.
sm_blink.gif

I'm out y'all. Sees ya mañana. :D

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

"Tobacco giant Philip Morris says it eventually wants people to quit smoking cigarettes,

Or will they help close the little shops and corner the market and start dumping their shit chemicals in the Juices. :facepalm:

Yes and yes.

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Dude, why would Philip Morris fight the FDA? Joining them and jumping in on the Vapor market, would be a huge payday for them. lol
Next thing you know, it's... you can only purchase "Philip Morris" branded Nicotine to make your E-Juice.

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, if my coil is 2.5mm, how much cotton should I use to wick it? I'm fairly new to the cotton game.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, if my coil is 2.5mm, how much cotton should I use to wick it? I'm fairly new to the cotton game.
cotton square? I;ve seen some measure out twice the diameter of the coil ID, then cut. But I'm a rayon head, so its a guess and it looked right, LOL.

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cotton square? I;ve seen some measure out twice the diameter of the coil ID, then cut. But I'm a rayon head, so its a guess and it looked right, LOL.

Thanks. Yes, cotton square. I have been a SS mesh, or Ceramic ReadyXwick, genesis tank person from day one. I recently got into using drippers, after totally disregarding them for quite some time. I have drippers that were sitting around dusty, Rayon, and Cotton pad that need some use. Any help would be much appreciated. Most of my coils are 2.5 to 3mm.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks. Yes, cotton square. I have been a SS mesh, or Ceramic ReadyXwick, genesis tank person from day one. I recently got into using drippers, after totally disregarding them for quite some time. I have drippers that were sitting around dusty, Rayon, and Cotton pad that need some use. Any help would be much appreciated. Most of my coils are 2.5 to 3mm.
Oh wow! I tried building a genny tank ONCE. I ended up pifing it quite some time back. I salute you! LOL

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh wow! I tried building a genny tank ONCE. I ended up pifing it quite some time back. I salute you! LOL
What?! lol Genesis tanks were simple to build. It's them damn drippers and cotton I have trouble with. lol

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might be cuz I pretty exclusively squonk, but I find that the cotton needs to TOUCH the inside of the coil, but not be TIGHT inside the coil. If you can slide it back and forth pretty easily, but there's not a gap - then you're about right. It will expand a little when wet too...

That looks like it MIGHT be a bit too thick - cuz it puffs out, outside the coil, see?
And if it's too tight, then it keeps juice from getting inside, and you'll get dryer hits, the cotton will scorch, etc...

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might be cuz I pretty exclusively squonk, but I find that the cotton needs to TOUCH the inside of the coil, but not be TIGHT inside the coil. If you can slide it back and forth pretty easily, but there's not a gap - then you're about right. It will expand a little when wet too...

That looks like it MIGHT be a bit too thick - cuz it puffs out, outside the coil, see?
And if it's too tight, then it keeps juice from getting inside, and you'll get dryer hits, the cotton will scorch, etc...

Thanks for the input, any help is appreciated! :)
It's not tight in the coil, i did the slidy thing in the coil to test it. But hopefully no dry hits. I pushed it cotton up on the sides after I tucked it in, saw that in a vid. I may have cut it to long though. I don't know what I'm doing. :cry:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
t2742.gif
You can do it!!

Thanks for the input, any help is appreciated! :)
It's not tight in the coil, i did the slidy thing in the coil to test it. But hopefully no dry hits. I pushed it cotton up on the sides after I tucked it in, saw that in a vid. I may have cut it to long though. I don't know what I'm doing. :cry:

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cotton should be tight enough in the coil to stay put, but loose enough to not dislodge the coil when pulling through. After a few times, you'll get the hang of it kn0xy. If you try rayon, it needs to be more than cotton...I think it's already been stated here, but cotton expands when wicking, and rayon contracts, so more is needed.

Kn0x

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks 4 the tech support call Red. :hug:
I will await further instructions.
In the meantime, I will use my trusty SS Mesh Wick Dripper.
(i know howfa build that one) :)

IMG_20161031_123723.jpg

IMG_20161031_123624.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon