Become a Patron!

American Pekin

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Greetings, friends and well-wishers. It's been a minute, how ya doing? I got a new tobacco-centric, Flavorah-focused-and-heavy recipe that, after tinkering with a few iterations of it and letting the best of the best of those iterations sit and steep for about a week (minus a day, I'm... impatient at best) I'm sitting here vaping it and I've gotta say - as the cool, hip kids these days say - this slaps.

My kids would have my head on a pike for that. My apologies.

So I had to share it. I'm not "out of the game" yet.

Here goes:

American Pekin

1.25%
Flavorah Cured Tobacco
1.25% Flavorah Kentucky Blend
2.25% Flavorah Red Burley
1% Flavorah Oak Barrel
2% Flavorah Vanilla Pudding
1% FlavorWest Graham Cracker
1% Vanillin (10% Dilluted) (brand used in recipe is TFA)

Total Flavoring:
9.75%

Alright so it's not a super-dee-duper adventurous venture into territory unknown. Not everything needs to be, some times you just need something good enough, no strings. Fun for a minute, business the next. You know how it goes.

I'm proud of it and want to share.

I'll admit, I was put on the track for the trio combo (Cured, 'tucky and Red) thanks to a few recipe ideas I've seen floating around else-where, namely looking for something cool to do with the Burley. After a few bottles of straight tobaccos, I grew tired of the sensual and loving abuse and needed some fluff on them handcuffs. I'm old, sue me.

Lowered the Cured and pushed the Red higher. Had to break the Flavorah streak with some graham cracker from FW - I don't believe Flavorah has anything that smooths out harsh tobacco notes as well as a "FW Graham - and - literally any vanilla based anything ever" combo. But the Vanilla Pudding does well to help smooth, and Vanilla deserves to be in everything ever, hands down. The Vanillin helps promote the tastiness without adding more cream and fluff.

Smooth Vanilla (Flavorah) and CAP French Vanilla v1 aren't very good replacements for the pudding. Those iteration notes are added with exclamation marks and I'd be a jerk for not throwing that out there. Maybe something non-custard with a cream would work, but I'm happy where I landed.

This recipe's journey wasn't complete until I made room for a percentage of Oak Barrel. That just hog-ties the mess into something beautiful and flirty, dangerous even. Dirty by nature but right out of the shower, if that makes sense. Smooth and sweet without being in-your-face, candy sweet.

I vape MTL high nic. Best if given a few days to mellow, but it'll do okay enough as a shake and vape. Make a big bottle and let it sit, make a smaller one and go at it. Give the big boy a week and unleash.

Just a rut with a wink and a nod - no attachments - and don't you dare fall in love; it's embarrassing and complicates things.

Keep it simple you crazy cats, love to all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Greetings, friends and well-wishers. It's been a minute, how ya doing? I got a new tobacco-centric, Flavorah-focused-and-heavy recipe that, after tinkering with a few iterations of it and letting the best of the best of those iterations sit and steep for about a week (minus a day, I'm... impatient at best) I'm sitting here vaping it and I've gotta say - as the cool, hip kids these days say - this slaps.

My kids would have my head on a pike for that. My apologies.

So I had to share it. I'm not "out of the game" yet.

Here goes:

American Pekin

1.25%
Flavorah Cured Tobacco
1.25% Flavorah Kentucky Blend
2.25% Flavorah Red Burley
1% Flavorah Oak Barrel
2% Flavorah Vanilla Pudding
1% FlavorWest Graham Cracker
1% Vanillin (10% Dilluted) (brand used in recipe is TFA)

Total Flavoring:
9.75%

Alright so it's not a super-dee-duper adventurous venture into territory unknown. Not everything needs to be, some times you just need something good enough, no strings. Fun for a minute, business the next. You know how it goes.

I'm proud of it and want to share.

I'll admit, I was put on the track for the trio combo (Cured, 'tucky and Red) thanks to a few recipe ideas I've seen floating around else-where, namely looking for something cool to do with the Burley. After a few bottles of straight tobaccos, I grew tired of the sensual and loving abuse and needed some fluff on them handcuffs. I'm old, sue me.

Lowered the Cured and pushed the Red higher. Had to break the Flavorah streak with some graham cracker from FW - I don't believe Flavorah has anything that smooths out harsh tobacco notes as well as a "FW Graham - and - literally any vanilla based anything ever" combo. But the Vanilla Pudding does well to help smooth, and Vanilla deserves to be in everything ever, hands down. The Vanillin helps promote the tastiness without adding more cream and fluff.

Smooth Vanilla (Flavorah) and CAP French Vanilla v1 aren't very good replacements for the pudding. Those iteration notes are added with exclamation marks and I'd be a jerk for not throwing that out there. Maybe something non-custard with a cream would work, but I'm happy where I landed.

This recipe's journey wasn't complete until I made room for a percentage of Oak Barrel. That just hog-ties the mess into something beautiful and flirty, dangerous even. Dirty by nature but right out of the shower, if that makes sense. Smooth and sweet without being in-your-face, candy sweet.

I vape MTL high nic. Best if given a few days to mellow, but it'll do okay enough as a shake and vape. Make a big bottle and let it sit, make a smaller one and go at it. Give the big boy a week and unleash.

Just a rut with a wink and a nod - no attachments - and don't you dare fall in love; it's embarrassing and complicates things.

Keep it simple you crazy cats, love to all.

What a great post! Makes me wish I liked vaping tobacco!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This sounds interesting @burley! I'll give it a go maybe next weekend. I'll probably do two bottles, one as written, and one with the FLV cut in half. I've gone to school with the queen of FLV @Smoky Blue, who taught me that less is more with FLV. I'll see which way floats my boat. Just give me a while to get to it as I'm back into full on travel mode for work.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At 4.75% total, that's about 0.75% more than I'd usually even dare with a single one. I don't blame you one bit haha

Hope you dig it.

P2PLeon

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Naturally extracted via soaking in a barrel for months, that previously had whisky or other alcoholic ingredients.

VU Sponsors