Become a Patron!

Ample Mace-X Subohm Tank 2ml/3.7ml

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Mace-X Subohm Tank 2ml/3.7ml by Ample. The Mace-X Subohm Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ampl...-Tank.html

Introduction

The Mace X from Ample employs a knot style disc stock coil, The stove top disc style coil has been used recently by Aspire in there Revvo tank and Vandyvape in the Maze, i do like the style of coil but in those tanks you rely on the tilt of the tank when vaping to wick which leads to a more dry type of vape yet still full of flavour. Here Ample have took that style of coil but have come up with a way of wicking it in the usual manner.

In the Box

Contents:

Standard Edition

1x Mace-X Tank 3.7ml
1x ADC-XF1 coil pre-installed
1x ADC-XF1 coil
1x Spare Part Polybag
1x Replacement glass tube 5.7ml
1x User Manual

EU Edition

1x Mace-X Tank 2.0ml
1x ADC-XF1 coil pre-installed
1x ADC-XF1 coil
1x Spare Part Polybag
1x Replacement glass tube
1x User Manual

Aesthetics

The Mace X comes in boxed packaging and i found it to be a very nice looking tank which as i examined more found it also to be excellent build quality with superb threading. I received the Silver version which comes with 810 yellow drip tip and yellow o-rings, it's also available in Black and Blue, these colours also come with yellow drip tip and o-rings. The version i received was the 2ml TPD version which has a straight glass, if you get the standard version the pre-installed straight glass is 3,7ml and the spare bulb glass is an impressive 5,7ml. The base has knurling that helps with grip when unscrewing, on the bottom we have etched on branding and safety stamps, the 510 pin is gold plated and nicely protruding. The top of the tank has duel cyclops style adjustable airflow slots but no stopper, either side of the slots we have "ample" and "MACE" etched on. The top-cap has deep knurling which gives very good grip and it unscrews very nicely. The drip tip is an 810 with o-rings.

Mace X Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5 x 43.7mm(2ml)/24.5 x 50.2mm(3.7ml)
Capacity: 2ml/3.7ml(can be extended to 5.7ml with bulb tube)
Coil: ADC-XF1 0.27ohm, 35-90W/best 50-75W
Drip tip: 810
All-new ADC-XF1 0.27ohm coil
Easy top filling design
Adjustable top airflow
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Black, Blue, Silver

The Coil

With the ADC-XF1 Coil Ample have took the disc stove like style coil we saw with the Revvo and Maze and done something different with it. With the Revvo and Maze the coil is fitted inside the tank and coil disc and cotton both make up the disc shape relying on the tilt of the tank to wick. Ample have used a standard style stock coil housing and filled the bottom with cotton (there are six generous wicking holes around the base of the casing) then the coil disc has simply been placed on top of the cotton allowing for wicking in the usual manner.

Top Airflow

The Mace X uses a simple top airflow system, the air comes in through the two slots at the top and goes down the inner sides of the air chamber. When the air meets the outer perimeter of the disc coil it naturally travels to meet in the centre skimming the entire surface of the disc before then going upwards.

Assembling and Dissasembling

The tank separates into it's various parts very easily and all the threading is excellent. The drip-tip pulls straight out, top-cap unscrews as does the base, the glass can then be pulled off and changed if you wish. As mentioned i received the TPD version which comes with a 2ml straight glass with the spare being the same, the standard version comes with a 3.7ml glass and a bulb 5.7ml capacity spare. The coil screws into the base and if using a new coil i primed mine by putting a generous amount of liquid covering the stove like coil as there is a lot of cotton underneath that needs saturating. It's a breeze to put the tank back together, before screwing the top-cap back on fill the tank via one of the generous fill slots.

Performance

With the Mace-X Subohm tank you get 2 ADC-XF1 Coils which are 0.27 ohm (during use it varied between 0.25 and 0.30), they are rated at between 35W - 90W with best of rating between 50W - 75W. I would suggest forgetting the 35W (far to weak) - 90W (i found it very warm at 75W) and stick to the recommended best rating. I settled at 60W which gave loads of cloud and very decent flavour, not as good flavour as i've been getting with the latest mesh coils but still good, i also didn't find the vape dry at all so this is a lot better way of using the disc style coil. As for the airflow, i found this very smooth keeping the tank very quiet. Although i enjoyed using the Mace if i was going to use it in future i would change the drip tip as i just didn't like it, it's an 810 fitting with o-rings but is very thick giving it a 510 bore, it wasn't the bore i disliked it was the thickness made it feel a bit strange on the lips.

Conclusion

A Sub-ohm tank that looks good and is extremely good build quality. It takes disc style coils and uses them in a way that allows for normal style wicking, it gives loads of cloud and decent flavour.

Excellent build quality
Looks good
Top airflow
Top-fill
Uses disc coils in a standard stock coil casing
Superb threading
No leaking
Loads of cloud
Smooth Airflow
Decent flavour
Standard version can be extended to 5.7ml capacity

Dislikes

Didn't like drip tip
Stopper with airflow slots would be better

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Mace x Subohm tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Ampl...-Tank.html

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love and agree with this review, totally. The stove top coils are pretty cool and adds a nice flavor with "Ample" clouds. I also didnt like the drop tip much.
ba12a302436d0e0e5735062a945310df.jpg

Last edited:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love and agree with this review, totally. The stove top coils are pretty cool and adds a nice flavor with "Ample" clouds. I also didnt like the drop tip much.
ba12a302436d0e0e5735062a945310df.jpg
It just goes to show the benefit of revisiting old ideas, they are basically flattened Notch coils and when Notch coils first made an appearance they were criticised for lack of flavour and we didn't see them about for a good while. All they seemed to have done is made them with bigger gaps and less metal and now they do the opposite give very good flavour, in my opinion very close to mesh. The Innokin Plexus coils are also using a Notch design.

VU Sponsors