Become a Patron!

An RDA For Vaping Issue

Hi all

Iam new to the forum

I have the rda for vaping and having an issue with whistling, i have tried to position my coils numerous ways, i have cut the leads to 6mm (not with a coily but an amazon knockoff)

Any ideas?

Cheers

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got one....couldnt wait to install some coils that I made last night I have zero whistling
6f640a5728b3c2d1a3785d22f4e0ccd2.jpg
012d5c6b844b24b0344d0715a7e03a9f.jpg
870d0ef8939acd37b07fbeede47053cd.jpg
8d2eb6e722469e9113d3936c204bb47b.jpg
39812f4801a91c77dffd6c48f45943be.jpg
5b17ea6c999d9591710f1b1cf57d8d68.jpg
1bc21e36ea5040b294fd20218e2c715c.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi all

Iam new to the forum

I have the rda for vaping and having an issue with whistling, i have tried to position my coils numerous ways, i have cut the leads to 6mm (not with a coily but an amazon knockoff)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.

Do you know what brand name of RDA you have?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I see now from the other thread that you have the Coilturd RDA
unfortunately I don't have that one.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CoilTurd?....wow, who the hell come up with that name, had to be china.....:devil:

Anyway...........Welcome aboard..........:vino:

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all

Iam new to the forum

I have the rda for vaping and having an issue with whistling, i have tried to position my coils numerous ways, i have cut the leads to 6mm (not with a coily but an amazon

Delete

Sent from a very cloudy room

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

From what it appears he used a bread tie end to poke into the airflow hole/s to clear it of debris. Granted I can see this is for the Phobia RDA. In general principle though it ought to work for most RDAs. Barring that I might want to check wick placement, ensure you've not gotten wick into an airflow hole or passage.

Sometimes though you may need to tool on the outer cap of the RDA, bore the outer influx hole/s out just a bit bigger than the inner holes. You may have a piece that got a dimple which causes the whistling. A lot of the NaRDA styled RDA had this be the case. It was a simple fix once it was realized that is what the problem had been.

If it's not the external cap doing it, bore out the internal hole/s a bit. One way or the other should give a fix. Not making any warranties or guarantees, only offering what has seemed work anecdotally. Maybe it didn't work at all. The whistling though caused the users a psychotic break and delusion that it did. We could all be running around still whistling our fool heads off but don't notice and everyone is too polite to say. *chuckles* Never can tell. Now, let me check if reality is convex or concave this morning. :) *pokes reality with a stick, runs*

Last edited:

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take a 00 or 0 piece of steel wool to the inner afc holes . I have found that drilling has that effect on holes , when done too fast they become overly coned and will whistle .

VU Sponsors