Become a Patron!

Another UD Tank on the horizon: UD EZ RTA Tank

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The lack of having to fart around with a screwdriver looks interesting, but it's
been suggested that there could be an issue with ohm's jumping. Guess
will have to see.

Some info:

Feature

Screwless posts, easy and fast

• Product information

1.Screwless posts, easy and fast
2.Double 5.8*2.6mm"U"air intakes on the RBA deck
3.φ16mm RBA deck with four adjustable juice flow control holes
4.φ3mm post holes, available with various clapton coils
5.Top filling
6.Available with single or dual coils
7.Capacity: 4ml

983800.jpg

983802.jpg

983804.jpg

983798.jpg

BlowinSmoke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the idea of the screwless posts, but if it will work with al those crazy thick wire builds these days is annother thing.

hate stripping those freaking hex screws ..... :wait:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I feel like this is a great idea, interested to see how it actually turns out. Even though my Goon RDA is doing fine, people loved the clamps but for some they bent easily. I'm worried this may do the same thing. But, if it works as it looks like it's supposed to, it could be interesting. Hope to see a 25mm version.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like the idea of the screwless posts, but if it will work with al those crazy thick wire builds these days is annother thing.

It looks like it will keep thicker wires in place.

I'm curious as to whether or not thinner wires will stay put.

Could make life easier if you suffer from arthritis/bursitis.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I just worry that these clamp things could become loose and release the wire. I'm already nearly positive it won't work well with TC builds if it has ohm jumping issues, because if the clamps don't provide a secure hold the resistance will indeed bounce. I hope they perfect it, then make it bigger, but UD is a company that has some amazing stuff and some crap stuff. You have Goblin's, then you have Zephyrus V1's.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just worry that these clamp things could become loose and release the wire. I'm already nearly positive it won't work well with TC builds if it has ohm jumping issues, because if the clamps don't provide a secure hold the resistance will indeed bounce. I hope they perfect it, then make it bigger, but UD is a company that has some amazing stuff and some crap stuff. You have Goblin's, then you have Zephyrus V1's.

Someone mentioned to me that ohm's jumping "could" be an issue, but that's
just hypothetical. We'll have to reserve judgement and wait for for thorough reviews
to pop up. Hopefully, the securing mechanism will function as designed.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I like the looks of it, but it's kind of in no mans land. Screwing in, screws, isn't so hard I'd sacrifice deck space or airflow for it. I wish this had a bigger deck, that's all. But for people with medical issues, this looks like a god send.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I like the looks of it, but it's kind of in no mans land. Screwing in, screws, isn't so hard I'd sacrifice deck space or airflow for it. I wish this had a bigger deck, that's all. But for people with medical issues, this looks like a god send.

It is People have been asking for more decks like GG's springomizer because of arthritis etc.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The clamping mechanism seems pretty secure.

There's also a single coil version.

One thing he mentioned is convenience while on the go. A lot easier to
switch coils out with the clamps than screwing around with a tiny screw
driver in your car.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Watching a review or two, my concern is the design with an o-ring holding the press fit base to the jfc at the bottom of the tank. Maybe it will work here.

I can say that similar on Bachelor constantly stretches and dislodges the top o- ring in the base, and jfc doesn't adjust as well as it did a few weeks ago, even with new o-ring in.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Know what you mean, I ended up getting lots of spare of quality SS grub screws. Once I replace them I don't have any issues.

All these manufacturer's need to do is use 1/2 way quality screws, not real need to reinvent the wheel.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BlowinSmoke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Know what you mean, I ended up getting lots of spare of quality SS grub screws. Once I replace them I don't have any issues.

All these manufacturer's need to do is use 1/2 way quality screws, not real need to reinvent the wheel.

Its so annyoying, i live in holland so got to order all those shit from amazone or ebay etc.... its a pain in the bud lol

Need to order myself a box with all kind of rda screws someday all the rda's become useless at some time atm lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its so annyoying, i live in holland so got to order all those shit from amazone or ebay etc.... its a pain in the bud lol

Need to order myself a box with all kind of rda screws someday all the rda's become useless at some time atm lol

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Yep, got batches of 150 each of sizes from m1.5 2 to m3 5. I should be good ;)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Damned near every new RTA is griffin-esque, because they all use the Griffin design. I ordered one of these just to give it a go, but I still see my Herakles and Boreas hogging all my attention.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Damned near every new RTA is griffin-esque, because they all use the Griffin design. I ordered one of these just to give it a go, but I still see my Herakles and Boreas hogging all my attention.

Not Griffin design, Crius design. The Crius was out 2 months before the Griffin. TBH, I'm getting bored with all these Crius decks. They do work well, and are easy to wick, but I feel most of the RTAs like this after the Crius haven't brought much innovation. The Griffin was better made than the Crius, so I appreciated that. The Alleria has the glass chimney and different jfc. Then the Gemini gave us top airflow, which can be nice. But, then the Griffin added top air. Then the Billow v3 copied those. Time for some new stuff lol!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Crius had different wicking, these new RTA's mostly use Griffin style decks with the wicking ring.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Crius had different wicking, these new RTA's mostly use Griffin style decks with the wicking ring.

? The Crius has the exact same deck the Griffin borrowed. The Griffin is a Crius clone. It has a bigger deck, better insulator, and better top filling.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Crius has channels that lead down into holes, Griffin deck has channels with a wicking guide ring. The only thing the same were the posts. The Crius deck lacks the removable/adjustable guide ring for wicking and the Griffin has straight up channels where the Crius had channels that lead to holes. Plus I'm not sure which came first in terms of rebuildable tanks using velocity style decks, the Aromamizer V1 or the Crius V3.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Aromamizer v1 used the V deck first.

But, the Crius does have a wick retaining ring. It's machined on, but it's there. And don't run wick down the channels. Tuck it behind the ring, just like the Griffin, etc.

IMG_4392__28106.1449619507.1280.1280.png

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not Griffin design, Crius design. The Crius was out 2 months before the Griffin. TBH, I'm getting bored with all these Crius decks. They do work well, and are easy to wick, but I feel most of the RTAs like this after the Crius haven't brought much innovation. The Griffin was better made than the Crius, so I appreciated that. The Alleria has the glass chimney and different jfc. Then the Gemini gave us top airflow, which can be nice. But, then the Griffin added top air. Then the Billow v3 copied those. Time for some new stuff lol!
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Conqueror, I really like the postless design. One of my favorite RDA'S is the Hannya. I was excited when they released the Hannya RTA but was ultimately disappointed. The build deck is too small, the top fill holes are tiny and very poor grub screws. Great idea but poorly executed.

Postless decks are excellent since you can get very creative and nothing in your way.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boring shit. Youde needs to make a bigger tank for us cloud wackos. I'm just messing around :D I'm perfectly content with the Boreas.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Conqueror, I really like the postless design. One of my favorite RDA'S is the Hannya. I was excited when they released the Hannya RTA but was ultimately disappointed. The build deck is too small, the top fill holes are tiny and very poor grub screws. Great idea but poorly executed.

Postless decks are excellent since you can get very creative and nothing in your way.

I like the Conqueror, but the jfc on mine is broken. it also leaks at the top, right where the jfc dial meets the tank.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there a top fill sub-ohm tank or rta that doesn't have some sort of juice flow related issue, jenky fill mechanism, or similar? I'm amazed how diligent we are with our coils, but bottom fill seems too inconvenient to most vapers now. I will gladly deal with unscrewing a tank from the mod, until they get this sorted out. Though I like tanks that can chuck clouds, I think something like the Herakles RTA would be too internally airy for me. So, I'm thinking of something with dual coil, bottom fill (or good working top fill) that is a nice combination of flavor and clouds...... and reliable.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Is there a top fill sub-ohm tank or rta that doesn't have some sort of juice flow related issue, jenky fill mechanism, or similar? I'm amazed how diligent we are with our coils, but bottom fill seems too inconvenient to most vapers now. I will gladly deal with unscrewing a tank from the mod, until they get this sorted out. Though I like tanks that can chuck clouds, I think something like the Herakles RTA would be too internally airy for me. So, I'm thinking of something with dual coil, bottom fill (or good working top fill) that is a nice combination of flavor and clouds...... and reliable.

My Herakles RTA doesn't leak a drop, and the JFC is very secure. But my Boreas doesn't leak either and nearly everyone says theirs does.

The Aromamizer v1 used the V deck first.

But, the Crius does have a wick retaining ring. It's machined on, but it's there. And don't run wick down the channels. Tuck it behind the ring, just like the Griffin, etc.

IMG_4392__28106.1449619507.1280.1280.png

I know it's there, but on the Griffin it's removable/adjustable and there's no holes at the bottom of the channels, plus the airflow holes are raised to avoid leaking. Then the topfill and JFC are entirely different, so I consider the Griffin design different because the Crius didn't start the whole channel wicking RTA thing either. I believe Svoemesto has that right.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Orchid fits your description, but the build deck sucks IMO.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Orchid deck is painful to build on. For a deck so small it has no business being a three post T block AKA four post. The deck is awful, but it's a damned good MtL vape.

Just got my EZ Tank, gotta love DHL. Getting your shit from China to US in record time. I put a Titanium build on it, threw it on the DNA200 and immediately noticed it's not loving the TC. I don't think the clamps give a secure enough connection for accurate TC, but I believe it'd do just fine on a kanthal build. The ohms don't jump at all, but, I can tell when an atomizer doesn't make a good connection in TC and this tank so far has not with a DNA. Maybe an SX device that's not picky and hyper-accurate. But, if TC isn't your thing, it's fucking easy as shit to build on. I timed myself, wrapping and all with a coil master to simulate the tools someone with hand issues would use during a build and got it setup, wicked and vaping in only 5 minutes 32 seconds. That's coiling the wire, installing the build, wicking it and juicing the tank up.

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Orchid deck is painful to build on. For a deck so small it has no business being a three post T block AKA four post. The deck is awful, but it's a damned good MtL vape.

Just got my EZ Tank, gotta love DHL. Getting your shit from China to US in record time. I put a Titanium build on it, threw it on the DNA200 and immediately noticed it's not loving the TC. I don't think the clamps give a secure enough connection for accurate TC, but I believe it'd do just fine on a kanthal build. The ohms don't jump at all, but, I can tell when an atomizer doesn't make a good connection in TC and this tank so far has not with a DNA. Maybe an SX device that's not picky and hyper-accurate. But, if TC isn't your thing, it's fucking easy as shit to build on. I timed myself, wrapping and all with a coil master to simulate the tools someone with hand issues would use during a build and got it setup, wicked and vaping in only 5 minutes 32 seconds. That's coiling the wire, installing the build, wicking it and juicing the tank up.

Too bad about the TC/DNA200, but should be good for an impatient wattage user like me. :D

How about performance, MTL capability, etc?.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Too soon to pound a hammer on it, I've only been using it for like four hours. Overall it's got about as much airflow as most other RTA's, it's really similar to the Griffin. JFC is little loose, as it usually is on these tanks, but it works. Same way you'd wick a Griffin, overall it DOES vape very similar to a Griffin. Imagine a 22mm Griffin with a much easier to build on deck, so far that's what this tank has been for me. MtL, I'd say doable though not ideal. It's not a very restrictive airflow, though it's by no means cloud chasing airflow though you could get some decent clouds off this tank. I'd say MtL is doable, it's not overly swooshy to the point of it being impossible when it's more closed off.

It performs great, it wicks great, it's super easy to build. Is it a frontrunner in my line-up? Nope. That's just because I like huge builds that tanks like my 25mm Boreas and 24.7mm Herakles eat up that also have more airflow, but that's not to say it's unworthy of being the go-to tank in someones collection. It's a damned good tank, a lot of tanks are damned good tanks. This one is just really easy to build on. Quick and painless coil installation, same annoying RTA wicking though.

I feel if they made it a four post HOLE RDA, like a velocity style deck, then added the clamps on the sides somehow it would be better. Four individual clamps, I always hate sharing holes. If you're a single coil guy it won't be a problem because you got the option with this RTA. But the post holes are huge, so you can fit most anything in there. The deck isn't huge, it isn't small, it's right around 15.5-16mm like the original Griffin. If painless coil installation is a huge pro for you, you'll love it. If you want a cloud chucking, heat pumping, wide open airflow type of RTA with a huge capacity and large build deck, this one probably isn't the right fit but I still think anyone who tried it could get a good vape off of it.

This tank was obviously designed with one clear demographic in mind and they hit the mark well. For people who want a simple, yet effective tank. One that vapes good with a variety of builds, but isn't a cloud king or 10 wrap 3mm staple coil eater. Something they can build without hassle in small amounts of time and depend on for their all day vape. That's who this tank is for. They took the 22mm Griffin and made it a shit load easier to build on. I'd like to see a 25mm version of this tank with more airflow and a bigger deck, because then I'd probably use the hell out of it.

Flavor is pretty good, not dripper flavor but is still pretty good. Vapor production is just like the Griffin or most 22mm RTA's, good but not dripper good again. Juice capacity at 4mls is nice for a 22mm tank with a decent deck, they got more capacity than the Griffin did and it's not really a larger tank overall. Ease of use is definitely a solid 10, there's NOTHING to getting this tank setup, if you've been vaping for, a week and can wrap a coil you can get this thing built. Wicking on the other hand, is the same balancing act of most non RDTA rebuildble tanks. Not too little, not too much. I've mastered this due to my abuse of RTA's, but to some it could have a learning curve if they don't use many modern RTA's.

Overall my biggest con with this RTA is how basic this thing looks. It's NOT an attractive looking tank, not to me anyway. It's very, simple, and the contrast of black and stainless steel with the drip tip isn't doing the aesthetics any favors. But, this is subjective and has nothing to do with the vape it gives.

You do get a bunch of pre-made and pre-wicked micro claptons with it, I got three pairs of two. There's too much wick in them, just trim it a little. I don't recommend you vape them, because, pre-made coils never tend to be top notch. But they work, I pulled the cotton out of one pair and no hot spotting. Very typical factory-made claptons, even a home-made round wire build seems to do better than these, but if you don't want to build coils you get enough to easily last you a month or two.

Last edited:

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Too soon to pound a hammer on it, I've only been using it for like four hours. Overall it's got about as much airflow as most other RTA's, it's really similar to the Griffin. JFC is little loose, as it usually is on these tanks, but it works. Same way you'd wick a Griffin, overall it DOES vape very similar to a Griffin. Imagine a 22mm Griffin with a much easier to build on deck, so far that's what this tank has been for me. MtL, I'd say doable though not ideal. It's not a very restrictive airflow, though it's by no means cloud chasing airflow though you could get some decent clouds off this tank. I'd say MtL is doable, it's not overly swooshy to the point of it being impossible when it's more closed off. It performs great, it wicks great, it's super easy to build. Is it a frontrunner in my line-up? Nope. That's just because I like huge builds tanks like my 25mm Boreas and 24.7mm Herakles eat up with more airflow, but that's not to say it's unworthy of being the go-to tank in someones collection. It's a damned good tank, a lot of tanks are damned good tanks. This one is just really easy to build on. Quick and painless coil installation, same annoying RTA wicking though.

I feel if they made it a four post HOLE RDA, like a velocity style deck, then added the clamps on the sides somehow it would be better. Four individual clamps, I always hate sharing holes. If you're a single coil guy it won't be a problem because you got the option with this RTA. But the post holes are huge, so you can fit most anything in there. The deck isn't huge, it isn't small, it's right around 15.5-16mm like the original Griffin. If painless coil installation is a huge pro for you, you'll love it. If you want a cloud chucking, heat pumping, wide open airflow type of RTA with a huge capacity and large build deck, this one probably isn't the right fit but I still think anyone who tried it could get a good vape off of it.

This tank was obviously designed with one clear demographic in mind and they hit the mark well. For people who want a simple, yet effective tank. One that vapes good with a variety of builds, but isn't a cloud king or 10 wrap 3mm staple coil eater. Something they can build without hassle in small amounts of time and depend on for their all day vape. That's who this tank is for. They took the 22mm Griffin and made it a shit load easier to build on. I'd like to see a 25mm version of this tank with more airflow and a bigger deck, because then I'd probably use the hell out of it.

Flavor is pretty good, not dripper flavor but is still pretty good. Vapor production is just like the Griffin or most 22mm RTA's, good but not dripper good again. Juice capacity at 4mls is nice for a 22mm tank with a decent deck, they got more capacity than the Griffin did and it's not really a larger tank overall. Ease of use is definitely a solid 10, there's NOTHING to getting this tank setup, if you've been vaping for, a week and can wrap a coil you can get this thing built. Wicking on the other hand, is the same balancing act of most non RDTA rebuildble tanks. Not too little, not too much. I've mastered this due to my abuse of RTA's, but to some it could have a learning curve if they don't use many modern RTA's.

Overall my biggest con with this RTA is how basic this thing looks. It's NOT an attractive looking tank, not to me anyway. It's very, simply, and the contrast of black and stainless steel with the drip tip isn't doing the aesthetics any favors. But, this is subjective and has nothing to do with the vape it gives.

You do get a bunch of pre-made and pre-wicked micro claptons with it, I got three pairs of two. There's too much wick in them, just trim it a little. I don't recommend you vape them, because, pre-made coils never tend to be top notch. But they work, I pulled the cotton out of one pair and no hot spotting. Very typical factory-made claptons, even a home-made round wire build seems to do better than these, but if you don't want to build coils you get enough to easily last you a month or two.

Excellent write-up! Thanks! :cheers:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
No problem, I have the questionably bad habit of ordering damned near ever new RTA as soon as it hits retail, so I get most of this shit in before the general market does and tons of reviews go up so I'm always happy to help. I'm only one type of vaper though, I'm not a 'cloud chaser' though I inevitably produce huge clouds due to the type of vape I like. A lot of heat, 130-250W, MASSIVE variants of fused and staple clapton coils in the 3-4mm range in 24mm+ devices with tons of airflow. I just like a ton of heat, decent flavor and lung fill.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have had exceptionally good luck TCing with SS claptons. Springs hold plenty tight. Also, I had to dry burn the provided Clapton's due to hot spotting, so careful with them if you plan on using them. They worked great after.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm strictly talking accuracy, and it's impossible to get accurate TC off SS unless it's 430. I mean taking it on monitors and checking the exact temperature the coils are at and comparing it to the setting, on the UD tank it's not accurate with titanium or nickel. You can still get what I un-affectionately call 'temperature assume' off of it though.

VU Sponsors