Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Asmodus C4 RDA Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Asmodus C4 RDA, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note: This is the retail version.

Introduction:
The Asmodus C4 RDA is the latest RDAs from longtime manufacturer asmodus. They don’t get a lot of hype around forums but quietly make some really nice products. I’ve reviewed quite a few of their mods like the pumper 18, minikin 2, minikin boost kodama, and minikin reborn but this is the first atomizer from them i’ve reviewed. The C4 RDA is a Single coil DTL RDA with an included squonk pin. It’s available in 8 colors SS, Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Purple, Red and Gold. They sell on the official site for 34.95 not too bad but the cheapest i seen is elementvape at 23.95 which is cheaper then the ECC show price they had of 25 USD.

Manufacturer's Specs
  • 24mm Base Diameter
  • 6mm Juice Well
  • Ultra Low Profile Design
  • 304 Stainless Steel & 6063 Anodized Aluminum Construction
  • Unique Two-Post Build Deck
  • Top-Secured via Hex Screws
  • Single Coil Configuration
  • Domed Top Cap
  • Dual Side Airflow - 9 Air Injets on Each Side
  • Slight 25° Angle
  • 810 Resin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • 810 Delrin Wide Bore Drip Tip
  • Squonk-Ready Bottom-Feeding 510 Pin
  • Gold-Plated 510 Contact Pin
Included in box:
  • 1 C4 LP RDA
  • 2 810 Wide Bore Drip Tips (Resin & Delrin)
  • 1 Hex Tool
  • 1 Squonk-Ready BF 510 Pin
  • 2 Allen Hex Key
  • 2 Oni Prebuilt Coils - Triple Fused Clapton
  • Spare Parts
  • Instructional Manual
Picture Album
album

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this RDA, It was based on a recommendation of a buddy of mine. He wanted me to buy him a C4 at ECC for the show price because he loves his and wanted a 2nd in a different color. They also make a green color which is rare and i love green so i was going to buy one for each of us. Anyway they wound up giving it to me free to review but i still got the green i wanted. I’m not a fan of the little plastic tube packaging though but it’s nice for space saving but annoying to pull out accessories. The RDA itself however looked pretty nice. It reminded me of the flave RDA but with a better deck and a recurve like airflow outside. It’s kind of a combination of the flave, wasp nano, and recurve in a sense. Overall I was pretty happy with it from the start.

Build Deck and Wicking (pics above)
Let’s talk about the build deck now. It’s a pretty basic deck. It’s a single coil RDA that has a similar deck to the wasp anno where there are 2 posts 1 on each side (one negative one positive) so you have to build your coil with leads going in the opposite direction. It’s super easy to build on just slide the leads in the cut out and tighten down. The deck itself also has guide notches to line up the coil where you slide your coil bar with the coil on it making it really easy to line up. The post screws come top down so it won’t bend your leads with flat wires like fused claptons but also work great with round wire as well. The post screws themselves are great quality hex screws my personal favorite. The negative post milled into the deck as well. Overall an excellent build deck that is really easy to build on even for beginners.

Wicking on it is quite easy. It’s an RDA so nothing fancy just drop your leads to the bottom.

Performance
Performance wise, I used it as a Single Coil RDA only. I ran 4 builds in this a fancy 3mm ID build, a fancy 3.5 mm ID build, a fancy 4mm ID build and 1 simple round 4mm ID build. For size I found it best with a 4mm ID and plenty of wraps. The flavor is great one of the better single coil RDAs for sure but really works best with the 4mm ID coils especially the fancy ones. Simple round works good as well but for that it’s better to close off 1 row of the air holes. Overall very good performance for a single coil RDA

Overall Impressions, Details, and Extras
Let’s talk about the airflow now. It has side airflow 9 small holes on each side 3 rows of 3 that gets closed off 3 at a time. It’s a basic side airflow RDA where the air cuts through the posts like a wasp nano or recurve. The AFC is nice and smooth and easy to adjust. You just spin the whole top cap to adjust the air and it’s on a stopper as well. Really well done and i love that style of airflow adjust.

It comes with 2 standard 810 o-ring drip tips one is a resin tip and the other a black delrin tip. While I like both i was kind of surprised the green came with a blue/purple resin tip. It should have been a matching green resin tip. It does not come with a 510 adapter. The Drip tips both fit very well in the RDA. snug, not loose, not tight. You can use your own as well but they need to be o-ring. Friction fit 81o tips won’t work in this. The quality on the Asmodus C4 RDA is excellent. The o-rings for the top cap onto the base feel right and the top cap is snug but not tight. Very easy to take apart with no issues. The AFC is easy to adjust, the o-rings fit just right and everything is nicely done. The top cap also lock into place which makes it easy to get on and off mods. The post screws are great quality as well and 2 spare screws are included. It comes with a standard 510 pin and a BF 510 pin like most RDAs these days.

The juice well is a good size. Not massive but pretty large. Especially for a single coil RDA. The over squonk protection and Over drip protection is pretty good. Nothing special but good. It also works well as a dripper. You can drip right down the drip tip without taking off the top cap.

It’s a 24mm diameter so should not overhang on most mods on the market today. There is plenty of spare o-rings and 2 spare post screws for it, 2 allen wrenches (one for the post screws and one for the 510 pin), 2 coils, no cotton. Good amount of accessories overall. Some cotton and a 510 drip tip adapter would have been nice though. They also mostly label the coils which is good. Companies should always label the included coils. They are triple fused clapton (26x3+38) 3mm ID .2 ohms each. No ID label or material though. Not worried about the ID but they should label the material. Branding is excellent as in there is none on the outside. No logos or anything. Not a big fan of branding that sticks out so quite happy with that. It’s a great looking RDA.

Pros:
  • 2 Standard 810 Drip Tips (resin and delrin)
  • standard 510 pin and squonk pin included
  • plenty of spare o-rings
  • Color Options (love the green option)
  • great quality hex grub post screws included (4 total)
  • Good over squonk protection
  • Top cap locks in place
  • works well as a dripper or squonker
  • great flavor
  • simple looks and branding
  • AFC is easy to adjust
  • great easy to use build deck
  • nice size juice well
  • great build quality
  • Price point (under 25 USD)
Cons:
  • no 510 adapter for drip tips
  • only o-ring drip tips will work, no friction fit
  • included coils didn’t label the material
  • green color comes with a blue resin tip. Should have been matching.
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this RDA?I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one will lean pretty heavily towards the yes. Overall it’s one of the best single coil RDAs i’ve reviewed this year. It’s easy to build on, doesn't need a fancy build but really shines with them. Good juice well, works as a dripper and a squonker. Really no major complaints at all from me. A 510 tip would have been nice and a matching resin tip for the green. It’s a great performer and at under 25 USD well worth a buy. I’ve added this to my sheet of recs linked down below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Asmodus

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors