Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Aspire Spryte Pod AIo Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Aspire Spryte Pod AIO Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Aspire Spryte is the latest AIO Pod Kit from Aspire and the follow up to their breeze 2 AIO Pod System. Aspire is a company who has been around forever and really needs no introduction. The spryte is a pen style AIO Pod system with a built in 650mah battery and coils that can be replaced seperate form the pod like the breeze 2 and has an odd “leaning tower of pisa” design to it. It’s available in 5 colors Pink, Blue, Black, Grey, and Olive Green and is available for 29.99 directly from aspire.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 26 x 26 x 108mm
  • Construction: Aluminum Alloy with Satin Finish
  • Simple One Button Activator
  • Max Wattage: 12W
  • Battery: 650mAh Battery (Internal Cell)
  • LED Battery Life Indicator
  • Portable All-in-One Design
  • Protective Mouth Cap
  • Pod Capacity: 3.5ml
  • Filling: Bottom Filling Retractable Cartridge System
  • Bottom Adjustable Airflow
  • Micro-USB Charging
Included in box:
  • 1 x Spryte Device
  • 2 x Replacement O Rings
  • 1 x 1.8 ohm BVC Coil
  • 1 x 1.2 ohm BVC Coil (for Nic Salts)
  • 1 x Silicone Seal
  • 1 x Micro-USB Cable
  • 1 x User Manual
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Aspire Spryte a flat short style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s not super small though but is still very easy to pocket and carry around. There is adjustable air on this device which is nice to have and goes from a loose MTL to a tighter MTL. It has a great capacity of 3.5 ml and barely uses much juice at all. One of the largest capacities for a pod system. The battery is listed at 650 mah so very large battery as well. The aspire pods aren’t the smallest but they pack a good capacity and large battery to make up for that. It features built in USB charging listed at 1 amp so charges pretty fast as well and has passthrough vaping. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and is a nice oval shape and works well and is comfy to use. The Aspire Spryte is very nicely build and feels solid with no rattle and the coloring is nice and doesn't wear off easy.

The Pod itself is really easy to fill. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are replaceable seperate form the pod just like a breeze 2 for example. The pods aren't magnetic and just click into place however they are easy to remove and stay in place perfectly. To fill them there is a rubber plug on the bottom that you pop out and the fill hole is a really nice size to fill with any bottle. The pods are tinted as well but since they are fully exposed it’s mostly easy to see your juice level.

Usage is pretty easy. There is one button which you click 5 times to turn on or off and is the fire button as well. Like the breeze 2 there is no inhale to fire option. There are 2 Bright LEDs on the front behind the fire button. Much brighter and easier to see then the breeze 2 ones. The lights act as a battery meter as well when firing. When it’s 3.8V or higher it will be blue and red which really winds up just looking purple. 3.5v to 3.8V will be blue and under 3.5V will be red. When charging, the LED will remain on and the color to indicate the current level of charge. When full it’ll flash 20 times then turn off the lights so you know it’s full. One more thing to note, the manual lists some protections and such. Short circuit, Low voltage, over vaping (15 seconds), Overheating Protection, and overcharging protection.

Coil Performance and details
The Aspire Spryte comes with 2 coils (but 1 pod) like the aspire breeze but uses different coils then the breeze coils. One is listed as a regular BVC (Bottom Vertical Coil) coil at 1.8 ohms and a BVC for nic salt coil (the new one) listed at 1.2 ohms. Both are listed as nichrome coils and despite the listings both are best with high mg nic salt juices. Both coils performed really well flavorwise and both coils gave me around 16-18 ml of juice through them so above average life for this style of device where i consider the average around 10ml personally. The 1.2 ohm coil performed a little better for me flavorwise but there wasn’t a big difference in either. The 1.8 does seem to have a bit of a tighter draw and both are tighter then the breeze 2 coils with the air fully open which is how i preferred it. Overall I felt the performance of both coils were really good. No flooding, no leaks, no spit backs, good life, and good flavor for a pod system. No complaints from me there. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 20-35 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • color options
  • great 3.5 ml capacity pods
  • easily removable pods
  • easy to refill
  • good build quality
  • nice looks
  • small size for easy portability
  • fire button is large and clicky
  • great battery size for such a small device
  • price point (under 30 USD)
  • ability to turn on and off
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • Battery Indicator (LEDs are bright and easy to see)
  • comes with 2 coils
  • good charge rate
  • adjustable air
Cons:
  • pod is tinted a bit too much still
  • only one pod comes included (should always include a spare)
  • odd leaning shape when standing up
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean heavy towards the yes. It’s a nicely built device that works well and aspire coils are always easy to find and well supported. It performs well for a pod system and offers a tighter draw then the breeze 2 for people who felt the breeze 2 was too loose. Overall it’s a great pod system and well worth looking at if you are in the market for one. I added this to my spreadsheet as well of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Aspire

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors