Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Coil Art Mino Pod Kit Tech Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Coil Art Mino Pod Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is not marked as a sample version.

Introduction:
The Coil Art Mino Pod kit is the first Pod Kit from vape manufacturer Coil Art. They’ve been around a while and were most popular a few years back with their mage line of atomizers but don’t make a lot of products so a little hard to judge. They did make a really good RTA in 2018 with the Mage V2 and followed it up for 2019 with a resin version called the mage 2019 though. The Mino is a long oval style AIO Pod system like a smaller and more rounded off breeze 2 or innokin EQ, with refillable pods and a built in 320mah battery and is inhale to fire. It’s available in 5 colors Black, Red, Green, Blue, and White and the pods themselves are tinted to match with the white ones being clear. Looking around online i see the mino for around 25-30 USD. Elementvape has them for 25.95 and replacement pods for 7.95 for a 2 pack so pretty good price point.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Integrated 320mAh Rechargeable
  • Maximum Wattage Output: 13W
  • Resistance Range: 1.8ohm
  • LED Battery Life Indicator
  • Gold Plated Proprietary Pod Connection
  • Draw Activated Firing Mechanism
  • 2mL Refillable Pods
  • No Load Protection
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overtime Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Bottom Mount Micro USB Charging Port
  • Available in Black, Blue, Green, Red, White
Included in box:
  • 1 CoilART MINO Battery
  • 1 CoilART MINO Pod
  • 1 Micro USB Cable
  • 1 Needle Bottle
  • 1 User Manual
Coil Options
  • 1.8 ohm pod cartridge
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Coil Art Mino Pod is a Long Oval styled AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares, but those are sold separately and the coils are built into the pods so you replace the whole pod like a renova zero or the innokin EQ. It’s a pretty small size all things considered and a little smaller than the breeze 2 or orion or EQ in sizing. There is no adjustable air as well like most pods. Not a big deal but it is cool when pods have adjustable air but not really the standard these days yet so just a bonus when it has that. It has a good capacity of 2 ml.

The battery is listed at 320mah so a little on the small size but since the coils are such a high resistance (1.8 ohms) and it’s direct output, the battery life isn’t too bad at all. It features built in USB charging but they don’t list a charge rate for some reason. I tested this 2 times with an inline USB meter and for the charge rate it charges at .35-.46A (mostly around .46A) so it’s half amp charging. Not too bad but 1A would have been better. It charges full in about 1 hour. Battery size wise my 2 tests had results between 353-356 mah. Nothing way overstated from what they list it as which is all i’m looking for so good rating on the battery. It does have passthrough vaping as well which is great. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod itself. The Mino Pod is very nicely built and lightweight. The coloring is also nice. I got the blue one and it’s a gunmetal colored frame with panels on each side and the panels being a mixture of blues and purples with a blue tinted pod. Personally looking at pics i think the white looks the best with the white marble looking panels and clear easy to see juice level pod.

The pods attach to the battery via a magnet system and are easy to get in and out and fit really well so good job there and fit it nicely but can be wiggled a bit. To remove the pod just pull it out. The Pods are easy to fill, it uses a standard rubber plug that is easy to flip up and exposes 2 good sized fill holes. You’ll need a fine tooth bottle like most but they also include a bottle as well if you didn’t have one which is nice.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s an inhale to fire device with no buttons or other settings. I had no issues with the air sensor at first for the 1st fillup of the pod however by the 2nd fill up it started getting iffy. I took apart the coil to see if there was any damage to it that would cause the issue not to be the air sensor and the coil was fine so i believe the air sensor is failing already. There is a small LED on the bottom so you can see it ok enough when vaping and it’s on when it’s firing and lets you know the battery charge. White means 41-100%, Yellow means 21-40%, and Red means 20% or less. I wish that would have been spaced out a bit more there is a huge difference in 50% charge and 100% charge but they both read white. They could have done better there. The pod is half exposed so when you get below half full, you;ll have to turn it upside down to see if there is still juice or remove the pods. Also the pods are tinted to color match the device which i admit looks cool and different but makes it harder to see your juice level. The white color comes with clear pods and they are interchangeable so you should be able to buy clear pods but sadly i see every color for sale except the clear ones. I really wish companies would stop tinting pods. IDK how many times i have to say this.

Coil Performance and details
The Coil Art Mino Pod Kit comes with only Pod which is disappointing. All kits should always include 2 pods, and i see it listed with “1 extra pod” so not sure why this only came with one but maybe because it was sent early for review? I hope they include 2, but sadly i only got the 1 to judge it. There is only 1 coil option which is a 1.8 ohm coil but the pods do come in different tint colors

Performance wise I only have the 1 to judge. I used 2 juices one 50/50 and one 60/40 (VG/PG) both between 20-25 mg salt nic juices. Flavorwise it did have pretty good flavor for a pod. I’d consider it a tier 2. It’s a loose MTL vape not very tight but not too loose. Similar to most pods on the market. Sadly that’s the only good I can say about these pods. They don’t wick very well so you only get 1 or 2 pulls then need to let it sit, not good for chain vaping at all. On top of that they only lasted about 3 ml and it was already burnt out so poor coil life as well. Overall not a good performing coil. Also upon disassembly it appears to be using silica wicks which i haven’t really seen used in vaping in a long time. Probably 5+ years. Not sure why they didn’t go with organic cotton or ceramic like most pods these days.

Pros:
  • color options (5 total)
  • just ok 2 ml capacity
  • really nice looking system
  • nice panel designs
  • small size for easy portability
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • good enough charge rate (charges in 55 mins)
  • good flavor for a pod system
  • pods are easy to remove and install
  • price point for device and coils
  • easy to fill pods
  • good rating on battery size
Cons:
  • Juice level a little hard to see due to pod tinting
  • coil life is bad
  • coils aren’t good for chain vaping
  • air sensor started dying off already
  • battery size is a little small
  • comes with 1 pod only
  • battery meter isn’t spread out enough
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one is a pretty easy no for me. It’s a really nice looking device, but between the poor coil life, the slow wicking, the air sensor dying out already it’s an easy no. not to mention some smaller minor cons like the tinting on the pods or the battery being a little on the small side. At the end of the day it just doesn't perform. I won’t be adding this to my spreadsheet of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Coil Art

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Spreadsheet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors