Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Coil Master DIY Kit Mini and DIY Kit Mini V2 Reviews

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Coil Master DIY Kit Mini and Coil Master DIY Kit Mini V2

Product Disclaimer
These Products were sent to me from Coil Master

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Coil Master DIY Kit Mini
Introduction:
The Coil master DIY Kit Mini was the first “mini” kit from coil master. The difference between their full size kits and the mini one’s, besides the size, is the mini one’s don’t include a meter while the non mini one’s do. They are meant to be a small portable tool kit.

Included in box:
  • 1 x Mini Diagonal Wire Cutters
  • 1 x Stainless steel Folding Scissors
  • 1 x Mini Pen styled Phillips Screwdrivers
  • 1 x Mini Pen styled Flathead Screwdrivers
  • 1 x Ceramic Vape Tweezers
  • 1 x Coiling Kit V4
  • 2 x Japanese Organic Cotton
Pictures
gejDmIt.jpg

25U7m1s.jpg

Kit Rundown
The Kit comes in a soft case that zips open and closed. The Kit includes 2 screwdrivers. One phillips and one Flat head. They are the “jewelry style” ones that allow you to push down on the top and still free spin. They have a nice grip on them and the sizes seem to work well with most atomizers. The included scissors are meant to be portable. They fold up into a small size and unfold for usage. I’ve heard complains about people cutting themselves on them when closing. I have no idea how, i never had any issue opening or closing them. Personally i’ve been using this kit for over 6 months long before coil master sent me one to review and never cut myself. The scissors are sharp and cut cotton well. The included mini wire cutters are nice. They are diagonal to make it easier to fit them into tight places and are sharp enough to cut fancy wires. 6 months of usage for me and still cut great and I use mostly big fancy wires and build roughly 16-20 atomizers a week. Probably close to 10 times the normal amount for most people.

The Ceramic Tweezers are the kind with a circle on the back. I’ve been using these kind for many years. The circle is to help get a grip on your atomizer without damaging it to disassemble it in the case it’s stuck. The tweezers themselves are good for working out hotspots and pinching your coils together. They include 2 sheets of organic cotton should be enough to wick 10 coils or so. I have so much cotton i’ve never used the pads included with this kit. I just consider it a bonus item. The cost of 2 sheets is pennies anyway. Last but not least we have a full coil jig set. It’s the V4. the sizes are 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, and 4mm so plenty of options there. The jig itself has a wide slot for flat wires and 2 good sized holes for round wires and wrapping parallel builds. The nub that wraps the wire is also adjustable if you are using larger wires. It’s a complete kit to wrap up almost any type or size wire you’d need.

What I like
  • Good wires cutters that last over time
  • Full Coil Jig
  • screwdrivers work for pretty much any atomizer
  • ceramic tweezers with atomizer grip
  • case is easy to carry and fits a lot
  • case is big enough that i added in the extra tools that are missing
  • scissors are sharp and cut well
What I don’t like
  • Coil jig parts just come in a bag, wish they had a rubber block to keep them sorted
  • lack of hex screwdrivers
  • lack of angled tweezers

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Coil Master DIY Kit Mini V2

Introduction:
The Coil master DIY Kit Mini V2 is the newer updated version of the original i just talked about and hasn’t hit the market yet. The difference between their full size kits and the mini one’s, besides the size, is the mini one’s don’t include a meter while the non mini one’s do. They are meant to be a small portable tool kit.

Included in box:
  • 1 x Mini Diagonal Wire Cutters
  • 1 x Stainless steel Folding Scissors
  • 1 x Multi Head Screwdriver Handle
  • 4 x Screw heads that double as a coil wrapping rods
  • 1 x Ceramic Vape Tweezers
  • 1 x Angled Tweezers
Pictures
UnC5d4d.jpg

sVMSxsW.jpg

Kit Rundown
The Kit comes in a Hard Plastic case similar to one you’d find in a tool store for a ratchet set.. The Kit includes 1 Multipurpose screwdriver handle that are the “jewelry style” ones that allow you to push down on the top and still free spin. They have a nice grip on them. There are 4 bit heads that double as the coil jig. The sizes for wrapping your coils are 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 so they include the most common sizes but got rid of the 1.5mm and 4mm options from the v1 kit. The heads are 2 sizes of hex as well as a flathead and phillips head. Thanks to the addition of the hex bits, you can use this for pretty much any atomizer where the V1 kit i had to throw a few hex screwdrivers in it form my own stash. The included scissors are meant to be portable. They fold up into a small size and unfold for usage. I’ve heard complains about people cutting themselves on them when closing. I have no idea how, i never had any issue opening or closing them. The scissors are sharp and cut cotton well.

The included mini wire cutters are nice. They are diagonal to make it easier to fit them into tight places and are sharp enough to cut fancy wires. 6 months of usage for me and still cut great and I use mostly big fancy wires and build roughly 16-20 atomizers a week. Probably close to 10 times the normal amount for most people. The scissors and wire cutters are the same one’s from the V1 kit. The Ceramic Tweezers are the straight kind. Personally I like the circle kind for the additional tool of gripping an atomizer. I’ve been using these kind for many years as well though. Still very good for working out hot spots and pinching coils while firing. Last but not least they include angle tweezers which are great for wicking atomizers. A must have tool for all builders IMO. makes life a lot easier.

What I like
  • Good wires cutters that last over time
  • screwdriver handle with replaceable bits
  • addition of hex screwdriver bits
  • ceramic tweezers
  • angled tweezers
  • scissors are sharp and cut well
What I don’t like
  • Coil jig parts are the same as the screwdriver bits so if you use springy wire and it’s the same bit as the screws for your atomizer your are SOL
  • case is large but can't fit any extra tools in it
What to include in the V3
Now that we ran down the V1 and V2 how would i build the perfect kit?

• V1 case
  • V1 ceramic tweezers
  • V1 coil jig
  • V2 screwdriver and bits
  • V2 angled tweezers
  • Keep the same scissors and wire cutters
  • add rubber block to organize coil jig parts
  • add rubber block to organize screwdriver bits
Personally i’m going to piece the 2 together (minus the rubber blocks that don’t exist in either kit) to make 1 supreme kit. I think the V2 kit is a nice evolution since they added the angled tweezers and hex bits, but a small step back with the lack of a true jig and the straight ceramic tweezers over the round plastic ceramic one’s

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

VU Sponsors