Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Innokin EQ Pod Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Innokin EQ Pod AIO Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Innokin EQ is the latest AIO Pod Kit from Innokin. Innokin is mostly known for their starter stuff which has basically been making great internal battery mods and low watt atomizers and their endura kits, although they did make one of the best dual battery mods this year as well with the proton. The EQ however is a simple pod system which is a popular style of vape these days. The EQ is a flat style AIO Pod system like a ceto or motiv 2 with a built in 800mah battery and a fire button. It’s available in 5 colors Black, Grey, Blue, Purple, and Red and is available online off their official site for 29.99.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Size:90 x 35 x 15mm
  • Capacity:2ml
  • Battery:800mAH
  • Resistance:0.5Ω
  • Regular mode: 13.5watt white LED light (Default)
  • Boost mode: 15.5watt red LED light (Adjustable)
  • Colors:Black, Grey, Blue, Purple, Red
  • Superior flavor equal to smoking experience
  • One-button-activation with battery life indicator
  • Magnetic pod with a cap to keep it clean
  • 1st MTL Mesh coil 0.5ohm with strong wicking function and rapid heat diffusion
Included in box:
  • Innokin EQ Device
  • 1 Pod
  • Manual
  • USB Cable
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Innokin EQ is a flat short style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s quite small as well similar to the Wismec Motiv 2 but not quite as small as a ceto and is very easy to pocket and carry around. There is no adjustable air on this device which would have been cool but not a big deal as most this style don’t have adjustable air. It’s a loose MTL vape. It has a good capacity of 2 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 800mah so very large battery as well for a pod system. It features built in USB charging but they don’t list an amp limit. It also has passthrough vaping. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and is a nice duck-bill shape but symmetrical so you can hold it either way and vape on it and works well and is comfy to use. The Innokin EQ is very nicely build and feels solid with no rattle and the coloring is beautiful and has a soft rubber coating that doesn't wear off easy and makes it comfy to hold

The Pod itself is really easy to fill. Actually IMO has the coolest fill design out of any pod system i’ve used. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are built into the pod like the Wismec Motiv 2 or rincoe Ceto. The pods are magnetic and a good strength. They are easy to remove and stay in place perfectly. To fill them you just twist the bottom part 90 degrees and it exposes 2 large fill holes one on each side so there is an air outlet as well which is nice. The fill hole is a good size but needs a fine tooth bottle still. The pods are tinted really dark however and despite being completely visible makes it hard to see the juice level. They shouldn’t have made the pods so dark

Usage is pretty easy. There is 1 button and uses a 3 click to turn off or on. When off hold the button to switch from normal mode to boost mode. Normal mode is a white light and 13.5 watts and boost mode is a red light and 15.5 watts. While holding the button the light will flash between red and white. Let go of the button when the light is lit on the mode you want it to be and wait until the light goes out. It can then be turned on and used in that mode. The button is also the fire button and it doesn't use an inhale to fire like a motiv 2 and is instead more similar to the breeze 2 being fire button only. There is 1 pretty bright LED built into the fire button. It’s not overly bright like a spryte but bright enough to see easily. There isn’t much of a battery meter or any listed specs other then when the battery is low the light will change from white when firing to red when firing.

Coil Performance and details
The Innokin EQ comes with 1 pod which is disappointing. I’m wish they included a spare as pod as well. There is only 1 type of pod for this which uses the .5 ohm plexus coil. Thankfully they sent spares separate though. I used 4 pods from it. The first pod died off because of boost mode. Sadly boost mode seems to be too much power for the coils so it’s best to be used in normal mode only. The other 3 i used all lasted around 15 ml which is good life for a pod system and the flavor was good for a pod as well. It’s not the 5 times longer life they claim but in line with the better pod systems out there. No flooding, no leaks, no spit backs, good life, and good flavor for a pod system. No complaints from me there. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 20-35 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • color options
  • good 2ml capacity pods
  • easily removable pods
  • easy to refill (best refill style i’ve seen)
  • good build quality
  • nice looks and rubber coating
  • small size for easy portability
  • Fire button works great
  • great battery size for such a small device
  • price point (under 30 USD)
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • charges fast enough
Cons:
  • pod is tinted too much
  • Should have a full battery indicator on it
  • only comes with 1 pod
  • boost mode is too many watts for the coils
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean towards the yes. It’s a nicely built device that works well and still one of the better fire button pod systems i’ve used so far. The rubber coating is great and the pod fill method is excellent. Boost mode was disappointing and the lack of a real battery meter is annoying but overall it’s a solid pod system. I added this to my spreadsheet as well of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Innokin

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors