Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Modefined Sirius Mod Tech Review. 2017 sleeper mod?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Modefined Sirius mod. Disclaimer: this product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from eciggity.com

Introduction:
The Modefined Sirius Mod is a 200 watt dual 18650 regulated mod. Modefined is a new brand started by lost vape , a company famous for making DNA chipped mod, as sort of a budget line of mods. It features a color screen that is pretty much the same as a DNA75c screen and the menu system is the same as well, just with less options. It has power, SS, Ni200, Ti, TCR, and bypass modes. It’s available in 5 colors, Gray, Green, Red, Blue, and Gold

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Dimensions: 87mm by 47.5mm by 30mm
  • Powered By Two High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
  • Die Cast Zinc Alloy Construction
  • Solid Stainless Steel 510 Connector
  • Nickel Plated Brass Spring Loaded Pin
  • Wattage Range: 7W - 200W
  • Voltage Range: 0.4V - 8.4V
  • Max Output Current: 39A
  • Output Mode: VW / TC-Ni / TC-Ti / TC-SS / TCR/ BYPASS
  • Temperature Range: 100°C - 315°C / 200°F - 600°F
  • Anodized Aluminum Faceplate
  • 0.96" OLED Color Screen
  • 15 Seconds Screen Time Out
  • Auto Lock After 30 Minutes Of No Operation
  • Bottom Battery Door Sled
  • 1A Micro USB Rechargeable
  • Protections: Short Circuit, Weak Battery, Temperature, Low/High Resistance, Switch Timeout
Included in box:
  • 1 Modefined Sirius 200 watt mod
  • 1 USB Cable
  • 1 Warranty card and user manual
Pictures and test results
Test Chart:
JM8VKGB.png

Spreadsheet:
hodzCO7.png

Stock Shot :
IMG_0703__95929.1506641003.png

Front of mod with alpine RDTA:
tuLxTGb.jpg

Mod back:
ImWZGBN.jpg

Mod Front with meteor:
ZYuDL3Q.jpg

Firing Meteor:
ZpzMqGO.jpg

Mod Top
xXGejKT.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this Mod, I was pretty impressed with the looks and feel of it. It’s not heavy by any means, but it just feels solid and well built. There isn’t any button rattle at all. Everything feels perfectly in place. The battery door is one of the best i seen from a bottom door style. It’s not too tight but also has no wiggle or play in it. It works great. Easy to open and easy to close and no rattle or gap. The body of the mod is mostly black but with a colored anodized aluminum front plate so no worry about paint chipping. The top is SS color and the mod can take a 25mm atty flush. The screen is similar to the DNA75c screen in size and looks. It even uses the same menu system but with less features. It has a menu button. You scroll up and down to highlight what you want to change (mode, watts, temp, settings) then press menu to access it and then use plus or minus to make adjustments. It’s really easy to use and works great. Overall I was pretty impressed with the mod from the start

Watt Mode Performance
Let’s get into some data. Resistances for this mod’s testing were done at .11, .15, .20 and .5 for the high resistance test. I Didn’t test but i also used a .09 build on this mod (the one seen in my peerless rdta review) and it fired it with no issues so it can fire below .1 in power mode. The mod reads resistance accurate and locks it in, however you can re-read the resistance at any time in the settings. The wattage testing points were max watts (200), 175, 150, 125, 100 75, 50, and 25. At .11 ohms the mod maxed out at 186 watts and 41 amps. During the tests it hit low by a few watts over the 150 mark which is typical at such a low resistance in most mods. At 150 or less it was never off by more than 3 watts. At the .15 test it maxed out at 199 watts and was never off by more than 2 watts at any setting. At the .2 test it maxed out at 193 watts. At the 150 and 175 test it was 5 watts high. At 150 or less it was never off by more than 2 watts. For the high resistance test of .5 it maxed out at 99 watts and 7.048 volts. At 100 or less it was never off by more than 2 watts. My max wattage overall was 199 so it meets the 200 watts promised. The max amps (41) i got from my testing is on the above average side by a little. Most dual battery mods max out around 40ish. The output is smooth and consistent. The mod does feel like it “hits hard” due to a built in, non adjustable hard pre-heat. The mod does get a little warm over 150 watts in my stress test but never hot. Overall it performs excellent in power mode never being off by more than 2 watts at 150 or less and meeting it’s listed watts of 200.

Temperature Control
Using SS316 wire with the default SS316 profile as well as TCR mode at 00092. I tested 7 builds ranging from single round spaced single and dual coils, to fancy single coils and Fancy dual coil builds. When using SS mode the mod did run a little hot and the dry hit protection was ok but not great, however when running it in TCR mode the mod felt very accurate as well as provide excellent dry hit protection. In TCR i found the best range to be 430-480 depending on how you like your vape, while in SS mode i found it best under 420F so i personally recommend running it in in TCR mode. The mod has a 100 watt limit in TC mode but also features an Auto watts mode as well. I found the auto mode worked so good, there was is no need to worry about setting your watts personally. Just run SS316 wire in TCR mode with auto watts and you're good to go. Not only was it accurate and prevented dry hits but it also was very smooth and consistent. Easily one of the best “non premiere” chips i’ve used in temp control this year. I think many wouldn’t even notice a difference in this chip and the premier ones. Overall an excellent performer in temp control

Other Usage Notes
I Didn’t disassemble this mod personally as i felt no need to. The 510 pin on the mod seems really good. No issues using any atomizer on it and no issues in my use or testing. All the buttons are very clicky and responsive with no rattle. The mod is very comfortable to hold. The battery tray works great. Opens and closes easily with no play in it and it’s bottom style so no damaged wraps. The menu system is very easy to use. The mod does auto-lock itself after 30 mins of no use. I heard on reddit there was a firmware update on facebook to turn it off but i was unable to locate that update. It has individual battery monitors on the mod. I really don’t have any complaints about this mod. I would have liked to see a few more features such as an adjustable pre-heat instead of the always on hard as well as a watt curve, but that’s just me being picky because the mod really lacks any flaws

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Watt Mode Performance
  • Temp Mode Performance
  • Good quality 510 pin
  • Looks and style
  • Large bright screen with plenty of info
  • easy menu system
  • color options
  • Battery Door
Cons:
  • No preheat options (always on hard)
  • SS default TCR seems to be too high
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this mod or not? I don’t like to do hard yes or no. As a reviewer i’m gonna lean heavily towards the yes. As a vape enthusiast i’m gonna say yeah just go buy this mod. It’s the 2017 sleeper mod so far this year IMO. it’s what the battlestar was in 2016 for me. I’ll be adding this to my list for sure as both a power mode and temp mode mod. This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

For good recommendations feel free to check out my google sheet of recommendations located here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4MZ2xYBE-1-0A6rLYY46OHtzHCM-roJINpxghmhzXM/edit?usp=sharing this sheet will be updated regularly so feel free to bookmark it.

Again I want to thank eciggity.com for sending me this for the purpose of this review. They have it for 52.99 here https://eciggity.com/modefined-sirius-200w-tc-mod/. I want to thank you guys for reading.

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Firing button sticks like crazy. Yeah it's nice looking and all of that, but you really have to pay attention to where your finger lands on the button to press it. I'm not the only one with this problem.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Firing button sticks like crazy. Yeah it's nice looking and all of that, but you really have to pay attention to where your finger lands on the button to press it. I'm not the only one with this problem.
I've heard it a couple of times. Mine doesn't stick at all. Eciggity was nice enough to ship me 2 with issues to take apart and see what's wrong. Those should arrive tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've heard it a couple of times. Mine doesn't stick at all. Eciggity was nice enough to ship me 2 with issues to take apart and see what's wrong. Those should arrive tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
OK, that's good. Please let me know if I could just remove the button if need be when you get it apart.

Any news on this one? Sorry if i'm a bit pushy, really curious though - if it's fixable, i get one now, otherwise i'll wait until issues are fixed (needing something pretty urgent).

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Any news on this one? Sorry if i'm a bit pushy, really curious though - if it's fixable, i get one now, otherwise i'll wait until issues are fixed (needing something pretty urgent).
noy yet they just arrived 2 days ago and haven't had a chance to look at them

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The screen going black was fixed by a firmware update, but that can't fix that firebutton issue. ;(

I don't argue that it happens, i'd just like to know why, and if it's fixable by myself (instead of voiding warranty by checking myself and realising that i can't fix it). :)

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so what chip is in this if its not DNA? its ultimately made by Lost Vape yeah?

anyone attempt to temp control SS316L mesh with this one?

any updates to the fire button?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
so what chip is in this if its not DNA? its ultimately made by Lost Vape yeah?

anyone attempt to temp control SS316L mesh with this one?

any updates to the fire button?
I ignore the troll who just came off a 1 year ban but will gladly answer questions by actual people :)

it's a proprietary chip that doens't have any specific name. I couldn't tell you if lost vape actually manufactured it or sourced it from another company. All i can say is it performs excellent as you can see in my testing, something that not many reviewers do :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The screen going black was fixed by a firmware update, but that can't fix that firebutton issue. ;(

I don't argue that it happens, i'd just like to know why, and if it's fixable by myself (instead of voiding warranty by checking myself and realising that i can't fix it). :)
I'll report back when i get a chance to dissect the bad ones i was sent to diagnose.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ignore the troll who just came off a 1 year ban but will gladly answer questions by actual people :)

it's a proprietary chip that doens't have any specific name. I couldn't tell you if lost vape actually manufactured it or sourced it from another company. All i can say is it performs excellent as you can see in my testing, something that not many reviewers do :)

gotcha. my main concern is if it can TC wire mesh or not. my joyetech devices saf arent doing it properly. the joyetech devices have always done TC well enough for wire builds, for me at least, but its inconsistent with my VV mesh RDA mesh builds. i really want to use mesh. i find it so effortless and when its working its the beat vape ive ever had... BUT if mesh just doesnt want to TC then i guess back to wire builds i go.

wondering if the small wire diameter of the mesh is the culprit. why is it so different from a wire build? this is driving me crazy. i just wanna TC mesh accurately. lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
gotcha. my main concern is if it can TC wire mesh or not. my joyetech devices saf arent doing it properly. the joyetech devices have always done TC well enough for wire builds, for me at least, but its inconsistent with my VV mesh RDA mesh builds. i really want to use mesh. i find it so effortless and when its working its the beat vape ive ever had... BUT if mesh just doesnt want to TC then i guess back to wire builds i go.

wondering if the small wire diameter of the mesh is the culprit. why is it so different from a wire build? this is driving me crazy. i just wanna TC mesh accurately. lol
I didn't try it with mesh but i can. i'm working up a review for the VV mesh currently but i'm using it on the drone and even the DNA chip doens't do great at mesh so i'm thinking it probably won't either. at best it'll be decent. all the joyetech mods I've tested suck at TC with anything even with AF installed so no matter what the sirius will likely be better then anything joyetech

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't try it with mesh but i can. i'm working up a review for the VV mesh currently but i'm using it on the drone and even the DNA chip doens't do great at mesh so i'm thinking it probably won't either. at best it'll be decent. all the joyetech mods I've tested suck at TC with anything even with AF installed so no matter what the sirius will likely be better then anything joyetech

so the DNA chip doesnt handle mesh well either? damnit! lol

any idea why the mesh is so dif from wire in that regard? the diameter of the wire? the wire diameter on the mesh is much smaller compared to a traditional wire build... wonder if that is why...?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
so the DNA chip doesnt handle mesh well either? damnit! lol

any idea why the mesh is so dif from wire in that regard? the diameter of the wire? the wire diameter on the mesh is much smaller compared to a traditional wire build... wonder if that is why...?
No idea what the exact cause would be. I'm still not personally sold on mesh though. it requires so much for so little payout and any small mistake in wicking is instant burnt hit. I prefer traditional wire personally

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No idea what the exact cause would be. I'm still not personally sold on mesh though. it requires so much for so little payout and any small mistake in wicking is instant burnt hit. I prefer traditional wire personally

worth it for me. when its working its easily the best vape ive ever had.

thanks for your help!

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
oh and still thinking about ordering one of these... i hope i hit the fire button lottery on this one!
Well, I believe the vape industry relies heavily on reviews from people like Anthony vapes. And hes the only reviewer I read before I buy, but that doesn't keep a vendor from purposely sending a mod that was pre screened without an issue for a review. It's always about the newest tech and vendors will do anything to unload product. I've seen 25+ reviews on various sites with the fire button issue, it's not a lottery, it's a defect. I can't stand mine..

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I believe the vape industry relies heavily on reviews from people like Anthony vapes. And hes the only reviewer I read before I buy, but that doesn't keep a vendor from purposely sending a mod that was pre screened without an issue for a review. It's always about the newest tech and vendors will do anything to unload product. I've seen 25+ reviews on various sites with the fire button issue, it's not a lottery, it's a defect. I can't stand mine..

you literally just stopped me from placing an order. im pretty disappointed because aside from that damn button this device looks really nice. the search continues. ugh

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well it could be possible I've never had hand picked items. The 2 bad ones I need to look at came from the same vendor and they sent me those to diagnose for free. There isn't a conspiracy out there. And no mod has a 100% no fail no issue rate. Any mod out there will always have a couple of people who had issues with it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well it could be possible I've never had hand picked items. The 2 bad ones I need to look at came from the same vendor and they sent me those to diagnose for free. There isn't a conspiracy out there. And no mod has a 100% no fail no issue rate. Any mod out there will always have a couple of people who had issues with it.

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but it's definitely a business that relies on social media to promote products. Your review will be seen before the footnotes here... If the vendor youre dealing with really had a conscience would they be peddling a known faulty product while sending you defects? It's not a chip issue, the button gets pushed under the little black plastic housing the button is supposed to sit on top of.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the vendor youre dealing with really had a conscience would they be peddling a known faulty product while sending you defects?
It's not a chip issue, the button gets pushed under the little black plastic housing the button is supposed to sit on top of.

Maybe that's why its the Sleeper mod... :confused:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but it's definitely a business that relies on social media to promote products. Your review will be seen before the footnotes here... If the vendor youre dealing with really had a conscience would they be peddling a known faulty product while sending you defects? It's not a chip issue, the button gets pushed under the little black plastic housing the button is supposed to sit on top of.
Except that only a few people reported such issues. The thereon 167 I never had issues with but many have reported sticking buttons on that as well, yet it's one of the most recommended mods community wise. The problem is you can't take a few complaints of an item that has sold probably thousands and say that it makes it a bad mod. It's not like the exo skeleton where it literally exploded on you for no reason. I could care less personally there are dozens of mods to choose from out there. If someone doesn't want this one cause of a possible issue I would understand that for sure.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
so there arent that many complaints on this? someone else said its the "majority" of this device that has this issue.
no only a couple apparently on facebook i guess? i haven't seen any on vaping forums except one guy who had a loose 510 which i now have that one in my possession to check out. I know personally of 3 that have had issues including the guy in this thread with a sticky button

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I've had two with the wonky fire button. The first went straight back. The second lasted for about 10 days before I just couldn't stand it any longer, it got progressively worse. I was told by the vendor that it would get better in about two weeks, but then, it would be out of the return window.
It's a shame too, I love everything about the mod and they have to screw it up with a lousy fire button.

As for basing the number of faulty units on vaping forum reports, I'd think that is not going to be relevant to the actual number. My experience is 100% bad. And there are other customer reviews at my vendor with the same problem. That's just one vendor, other vendors have the same reviews so if it were a bad batch, it was the entire run. Consider yourself lucky that you got a workable unit, all mine failed within the first day. Makes you wonder about the units sent to reviewers.

Now where am I going to get auto wattage mode...

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Except that only a few people reported such issues. The thereon 167 I never had issues with but many have reported sticking buttons on that as well, yet it's one of the most recommended mods community wise. The problem is you can't take a few complaints of an item that has sold probably thousands and say that it makes it a bad mod. It's not like the exo skeleton where it literally exploded on you for no reason. I could care less personally there are dozens of mods to choose from out there. If someone doesn't want this one cause of a possible issue I would understand that for sure.

Lost Vape is notorious for sticky buttons. The issue crops up a lot. That said I've had a few with sticky buttons but my Therion 75 squonk has been perfect. I have mores than a few more expensive squonks but I think the Therion might be the best overall other than weight and size. I find many of the Lost Vape mods just a bit too heavy and large for the pocket and discreet vaping.

Last edited:

Tg522587

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick update: I've been using this mod exclusively for work for a few weeks and I don't have the button stick issue anymore. I'm guessing the wear on the black plastic housing from the button has kept it from being caught on barbs of that sharp plastic housing.

I don't change my opinion of the mod. You should be able to buy a product that's ready to use, but for those with one... I'd either try to wear it through use or disassemble it and sand down the housing... Good luck on that.. It's ridiculous to disassemble... I digress..

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know if there's a way to turn the sleep mode off?

VU Sponsors