Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Sikary Spod Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Sikary SPod please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this product is a retail version sold at ECC Ontario 2018.

Introduction:
The SPod is the latest device from a little known company named Sikary. I actually reviewed their SKE box a long time ago which was a nice device but not a vaping trend and fell under the radar. Would probably do much better in today's market if it was released now. I also reviewed their SunL and Spark pods last week. The Spod is a simple pod system which is a popular style of vape these days. The SPod is a pretty small in size pen style AIO Pod system much like the joyetech ego AIO eco but with pods, with a built in 200mah battery and an inhale to fire. The cool thing is it comes with a power pack that is used to charge it with a 2200mah battery. It’s available in 5 colors Black, Dark Grey, Red, Blue, and SIlver. They sell on their official site for around 57.50 USD

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Charging Box Size: 109.7 x 60 x 27.2mm
  • Mod Size: 95.1 x 16.2 x 16.2mm
  • Charging Box Battery: Built-in 2200mAh
  • Battery Capacity: Built-in 200mAh
  • Pod Capacity: 0.8ml
  • Coil Resistance: 2.0ohm
  • LED indicator showing battery life
  • Compact and portable size for easy grip
Included in box:
  • 1x Sikary Spod Kit
  • 2x Cartridge
  • 1x QC USB cable
  • 1x User Manual
  • 1x Warranty card
  • 1x Warning card
  • 1 x fill bottle
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Sikary SPod is a tiny pen style shaped AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s quite small though and very easy to pocket. There is no adjustable air on this device like most pods but would be cool to have. It’s a MTL vape for sure and pretty tight one. It has a small capacity of .8 ml and barely uses much juice at all. The battery is listed at 200mah so quite small but understandable for such a small pod system. Here is the one cool thing about this kit though is the battery itself doesn't have a USB port and charges only in the included battery pack which is 2200mah so good for around 11 charges on a full charge. The charging battery pack does charge via a standard USB. this means no passthrough vaping however. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and is pretty comfy to use. It’s a basic round circle. The Spod is nicely built and feels solid. It’s a simple metal pen. The battery pack is plastic and has a nice rubberized coating that feels great. The coloring is nice as well but basic. I have the silver one which comes with a white battery pack. Kinda odd since the other colors have a matching battery pack. Not sure why they chose to not match this color option.

The Pod itself is kind of a pain in the butt to fill. There is a rubber insert that comes half in at the drip tip. That needs to be removed. It can’t be filled with a standard bottle either. They include a little roughly 8ml fill bottle that needs to be used to fill it with a long metal tip. That or a syringe is needed. You remove the rubber insert and use the long metal tip of the bottom to reach the fill hole. Then you fill up the pod and put the rubber piece back in the tip then you have to pull down on rubber plugs that go from plugging the top of the tank to the bottom allowing the juice to drop down to where the coil is. Way to over complicated IMO. on top of that to refill is a chore. It almost feels like it wasn’t designed to be refilled at all as removing the rubber plug once it’s all the way in is really tough. Just not a good system at all. It comes with an empty pod and the coils are built into the pod like the Wismec Motiv 2 or rincoe Ceto. The pods just click into place. They are easy to remove and stay in place perfectly. To remove them you need to unscrew the metal top of the mod then pull out. The metal top locks them in place. The pods are not tinted which is nice however there is no window to see your juice level which makes no sense.

Usage is pretty easy. It’s an inhale to fire device with no buttons or on/off. To charge it you have to power on the battery pack with the small button on the bottom and open it with the big button on the top. Then put the mod in the hole with the drip tip side up and close the top and it charges. The LEDs on the battery pack let you know the charge. There are 4 LEDs on it. The more that are lit the more charge that is left.

Coil Performance and details
The Spod comes with 2 pods which is great. I’m glad they included a spare as pod as all pods should come with a spare to start. The pods for this are seemingly impossible to find though and I think i found some on their site but it’s listed at a crazy 50+ bucks which what looks to be a 4 pack? No idea really but they need to fix their site and make pods available if they want people to buy their devices. There is only 1 type of pod for this which uses a 2 ohm coil. With that said the pods were awful on this. No flavor and burn out before you can vape a full pod. They really need to work on their pod designs as i had similar issues with the SunL and Spark i reviewed last week. I used all 50/50 25mg juice only in this.

Pros:
  • easily removable pods
  • nice looks and simple shape
  • Inhale to fire worked great with no issues or misfires
  • included battery pack is the highlight of this device
  • nice mouthpiece
  • comes with 2 pods
  • tons of color options
  • build quality
Cons:
  • price point is a little higher than most pods
  • small .8ml capacity pods
  • hard to refill
  • small battery size
  • pods are hard to find if not impossible
  • no juice window
  • no Pass through vaping
  • poor coil performance
  • poor coil life
  • silver version doesn't have a matching battery pack
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one is an easy no for me. The included battery pack is an awesome idea for charing on the go but outside of that nothing really redeemable about this pod system. It misses the mark on all the important stuff and really just needs to be rethought especially the pods themselves. Much better options out there and I won’t be adding this to my sheet of recs listed below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Sikary

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors