Anthony Vapes: Uwell Crown 3 Sub Ohm Tank Written Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Uwell Crown 3 Sub Ohm Tank. No Disclaimer Will be needed. I purchased this myself from cloudypeakvapes.com In the effort of full disclosure since I am an open book, He did do me a favor by holding a rainbow one for me. I paid 26 bucks for it (so I think he gave me a little discount as well) Anyway he’s a cool guy and an actual vaper and runs a one man show on his site and is on these forums as well so feel free to check out his site.

Introduction:
The Uwell Crown 3 Is the latest Sub Ohm tank from Uwell and the 3rd in the crown line of tanks (obviously duh lol) They have a long standing fan base for the crown series of tanks. Personally, I never got the hype for the original. I tried it and didn’t buy it. Never really looked at any of their other tanks so it was about time for me to purchase a Uwell tank. It’s the 1st one form them I’ve personally owned. It’s available in 5 colors currently, SS, Black, Matte Black, Iridescent (rainbow), and Sapphire Blue. Each comes with a matching drip tip except SS which has a random tip. They also have a Purple coming soon

Manufacturers Specs:
  • 24.5mm Tank Diameter
  • 5ml Juice Capacity
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Quartz Glass
  • Crown 3 Parallel Coil
  • Plug-Pull Coil Replacement Mechanism
  • 0.25ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 80-90W
  • 0.5 ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 70-80W
  • Anti-Leak Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • Precision Tri Adjustable Airflow *Widebore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colors *510 Connection *Available in Stainless Steel, Black, Matte Black, Sapphire Blue, Iridescent
Included in box
  • Crown 3 Sub Ohm Tank

• (1) .25 coil and (1) .5 Coil

• Spare Glass

• Bag of o-rings and 510 cover

• user manual

• Coil unlock tool
Pictures
Color Options and tips: http://i.imgur.com/bq8hm3n.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this tank I was pretty impressed with build quality and color. Like any atomizer (and I think everyone should do it) when I 1st got it I took it apart cleaned it and put it back together prior to use. The drip tip really stood out as well. It’s a beautiful tip that works well. It has 3 air holes on the bottom for plenty of air and it has a stopper so it’s not free spin. The top fill has 2 large holes that work great for filling and it’s easy to get on and off. Threading is all really nice on the tank. They have a Minimum fill line mark as well so when you get to that line you need to refill. You can’t vape the tank dry before filling. The only thing I didn’t like was the coil lock. It’s not necessarily needed so you could opt to not use it, But I choose to use it since it’s there. It’s also backwards so turn left to tighten and right to take off. You need their tool (or a really large flat head) to take out the coil. Could be inconvenient for changing on the go and If you lose the tool, could cause some issues.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? Well I started with the .25 coil. They have it rated 80-90 watts. Personally I feel their coils are underrated. I found it best around 100-110 watts. Now they are SS coils according to crown, but I’ll get into that a bit later. Vaping at 100 watts though the flavor was on point. It’s in the top tier of sub ohm tanks flavorwise for sure. And even at 100 watts is barely a warm vape. When trying it in temp control, it just didn’t work. I know DJL has custom TCR values for it which further pushes that they aren’t all SS wire. There was rumors in the past they used Ni200 leads which could be the case here as well. I’m not sure but I am sure they aren’t all SS wire as the resistance jump is much too high for pure SS wire. They leads have to be a wire the has a higher TCR value then SS316. But that is a lot of options. Not really sure why they chose that route. None of the 3 coils I used worked right in temp control. My 1st coil I used for 2 weeks and it was still working like new. Very impressed with the coil life.

Then I put in the .5 coil. Again I felt it to be underrated. They claim 70-80 watts. I was vaping it at 90-100 watts (closer to 90) and it was very similar to the .25 coil. A little less flavor and vaper but not that much that most people would notice a difference. The 2 coils perform very similar. Again temp control was no good. I used it for 2 weeks as well and when I changed it flavor was still like new. After that I used my 3rd coil. Another .25 ohm and my experience was the same as the first .25 ohm coil. All in all I prefer the .25 coil as the flavor is a little better but both are pretty similar. None of the coils work in temp control for me.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with this tank. The build quality, the looks, the flavor, the coil life was all well above average. I was a little annoyed that the temp control doesn’t work but that’s not a major deal as a lot of sub ohm tanks only use kenthal wire anyway. The lack of coil options could be a issue for some. Realistically this tank has a range of about 90-110 watts total between all the coils for best performance. So it won’t be a great option for the lower watt vapers or those with single battery mods. It’s best with a dual battery or more mod. The other issue is the coil quality. While personally I didn’t have any issue with leaks or poor life, Others have. I polled my friends and out of about a dozen coils used only 1 got a decent temp control vape off of one coil. A few had coils burn out in a few days or had poor flavor or suffered from leaks. Uwell has a history of janky coils so it can be hit or miss. So if you have bad flavor or a leak it’s likely a dud coil and not user error. I was pretty luck with mine however.

Pros:
  • Looks and Color Options
  • Drip Tips. Work and look great. (can be purchased separate)
  • 5 ml capacity
  • Build Quality and Good quality threading
  • Flavor (well above average for sub ohm tanks)
  • No Leaks
  • Coil Life (well above average. 2 weeks minimum)
Cons:
  • Coils don’t work in temp control (not full SS316)

• Coil lock mechanism

• lack of coil options (only 2 and they are very similar)

• Coil QC is poor. Janky coil chance seems high

• Coils are underrated (10-20 watts)

• No RBA included or available
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the yes. It’s one of the better sub ohm tanks on the market currently. The combination of flavor, looks, build quality, coil life, and vapor production make it almost a must have for all 90-110 watt vapers. As far as where it fits in for wattage range, it’s a step below the TFV8 but a big step up from the big baby beast. Similar range to the Ijoy Exo XL with C4 coil, and the Cleito Exo. All 3 are pretty similar in performance. I’ll be adding this to my sheet for sub ohm tanks.

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Stay tuned later this week for more reviews on my channel. Wednesday will be the blitz Warcraft RTA, Thursday the Kaos Erebus 25 RTA, and Friday will be a flavor chasing video on how to tell if an RTA will have good flavor. Tomorrow I’ll be doing a review on the Envii Terra Octo RTA. Again I want to give a shotout to Cloudypeakvapes.com and they do have the Rainbow and blue in stock still at 30 bucks here https://cloudypeakvapes.com/products/uwell-crown-3

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Cloudypeakvapes.com gets a double thumbs up from me as well.

Great review! Still waiting to try mine which should happen this week after a new mod gets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! i'm sure your going to love it

krypto909

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with a text review and video link here

for my honest review of the Uwell Crown 3 Sub Ohm Tank. No Disclaimer Will be needed. I purchased this myself from cloudypeakvapes.com In the effort of full disclosure since I am an open book, He did do me a favor by holding a rainbow one for me. I paid 26 bucks for it (so I think he gave me a little discount as well) Anyway he’s a cool guy and an actual vaper and runs a one man show on his site and is on these forums as well so feel free to check out his site.

Introduction:
The Uwell Crown 3 Is the latest Sub Ohm tank from Uwell and the 3rd in the crown line of tanks (obviously duh lol) They have a long standing fan base for the crown series of tanks. Personally, I never got the hype for the original. I tried it and didn’t buy it. Never really looked at any of their other tanks so it was about time for me to purchase a Uwell tank. It’s the 1st one form them I’ve personally owned. It’s available in 5 colors currently, SS, Black, Matte Black, Iridescent (rainbow), and Sapphire Blue. Each comes with a matching drip tip except SS which has a random tip. They also have a Purple coming soon

Manufacturers Specs:
  • 24.5mm Tank Diameter
  • 5ml Juice Capacity
  • Stainless Steel Construction
  • Quartz Glass
  • Crown 3 Parallel Coil
  • Plug-Pull Coil Replacement Mechanism
  • 0.25ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 80-90W
  • 0.5 ohm SUS316 Parallel Coil - rated for 70-80W
  • Anti-Leak Threaded Top-Fill Method
  • Precision Tri Adjustable Airflow *Widebore Drip Tip - Vibrant Colors *510 Connection *Available in Stainless Steel, Black, Matte Black, Sapphire Blue, Iridescent
Included in box
  • Crown 3 Sub Ohm Tank

• (1) .25 coil and (1) .5 Coil

• Spare Glass

• Bag of o-rings and 510 cover

• user manual

• Coil unlock tool
Pictures
Color Options and tips: http://i.imgur.com/bq8hm3n.jpg

Initial Impressions and features
When I first got this tank I was pretty impressed with build quality and color. Like any atomizer (and I think everyone should do it) when I 1st got it I took it apart cleaned it and put it back together prior to use. The drip tip really stood out as well. It’s a beautiful tip that works well. It has 3 air holes on the bottom for plenty of air and it has a stopper so it’s not free spin. The top fill has 2 large holes that work great for filling and it’s easy to get on and off. Threading is all really nice on the tank. They have a Minimum fill line mark as well so when you get to that line you need to refill. You can’t vape the tank dry before filling. The only thing I didn’t like was the coil lock. It’s not necessarily needed so you could opt to not use it, But I choose to use it since it’s there. It’s also backwards so turn left to tighten and right to take off. You need their tool (or a really large flat head) to take out the coil. Could be inconvenient for changing on the go and If you lose the tool, could cause some issues.

Coil Performance
Now to the important stuff. How does it vape? Well I started with the .25 coil. They have it rated 80-90 watts. Personally I feel their coils are underrated. I found it best around 100-110 watts. Now they are SS coils according to crown, but I’ll get into that a bit later. Vaping at 100 watts though the flavor was on point. It’s in the top tier of sub ohm tanks flavorwise for sure. And even at 100 watts is barely a warm vape. When trying it in temp control, it just didn’t work. I know DJL has custom TCR values for it which further pushes that they aren’t all SS wire. There was rumors in the past they used Ni200 leads which could be the case here as well. I’m not sure but I am sure they aren’t all SS wire as the resistance jump is much too high for pure SS wire. They leads have to be a wire the has a higher TCR value then SS316. But that is a lot of options. Not really sure why they chose that route. None of the 3 coils I used worked right in temp control. My 1st coil I used for 2 weeks and it was still working like new. Very impressed with the coil life.

Then I put in the .5 coil. Again I felt it to be underrated. They claim 70-80 watts. I was vaping it at 90-100 watts (closer to 90) and it was very similar to the .25 coil. A little less flavor and vaper but not that much that most people would notice a difference. The 2 coils perform very similar. Again temp control was no good. I used it for 2 weeks as well and when I changed it flavor was still like new. After that I used my 3rd coil. Another .25 ohm and my experience was the same as the first .25 ohm coil. All in all I prefer the .25 coil as the flavor is a little better but both are pretty similar. None of the coils work in temp control for me.

Overall Impressions
Overall I was very impressed with this tank. The build quality, the looks, the flavor, the coil life was all well above average. I was a little annoyed that the temp control doesn’t work but that’s not a major deal as a lot of sub ohm tanks only use kenthal wire anyway. The lack of coil options could be a issue for some. Realistically this tank has a range of about 90-110 watts total between all the coils for best performance. So it won’t be a great option for the lower watt vapers or those with single battery mods. It’s best with a dual battery or more mod. The other issue is the coil quality. While personally I didn’t have any issue with leaks or poor life, Others have. I polled my friends and out of about a dozen coils used only 1 got a decent temp control vape off of one coil. A few had coils burn out in a few days or had poor flavor or suffered from leaks. Uwell has a history of janky coils so it can be hit or miss. So if you have bad flavor or a leak it’s likely a dud coil and not user error. I was pretty luck with mine however.

Pros:
  • Looks and Color Options
  • Drip Tips. Work and look great. (can be purchased separate)
  • 5 ml capacity
  • Build Quality and Good quality threading
  • Flavor (well above average for sub ohm tanks)
  • No Leaks
  • Coil Life (well above average. 2 weeks minimum)
Cons:
  • Coils don’t work in temp control (not full SS316)

• Coil lock mechanism

• lack of coil options (only 2 and they are very similar)

• Coil QC is poor. Janky coil chance seems high

• Coils are underrated (10-20 watts)

• No RBA included or available
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this tank? I don’t like to do hard yes or no, but this one leans heavily towards the yes. It’s one of the better sub ohm tanks on the market currently. The combination of flavor, looks, build quality, coil life, and vapor production make it almost a must have for all 90-110 watt vapers. As far as where it fits in for wattage range, it’s a step below the TFV8 but a big step up from the big baby beast. Similar range to the Ijoy Exo XL with C4 coil, and the Cleito Exo. All 3 are pretty similar in performance. I’ll be adding this to my sheet for sub ohm tanks.

I want to thank you guys for reading (or watching or both). Stay tuned later this week for more reviews on my channel. Wednesday will be the blitz Warcraft RTA, Thursday the Kaos Erebus 25 RTA, and Friday will be a flavor chasing video on how to tell if an RTA will have good flavor. Tomorrow I’ll be doing a review on the Envii Terra Octo RTA. Again I want to give a shotout to Cloudypeakvapes.com and they do have the Rainbow and blue in stock still at 30 bucks here https://cloudypeakvapes.com/products/uwell-crown-3

As always I am Anthony Vapes and I’m just keeping it Honest, Hopefully you all can say you are doing the same and I’ll see you on the next review

Great review man. I'll buy one once the RBA comes out.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nice review. The lock nut insures that when you remove the top cap to refill, you don't unscrew the top of the tank with the cap and have a mess. The lock not does not hold or lock the coil.
Thanks. I screwed that up. they called it a coil lock so i always removed it 1st.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review mate I love the original crown, skipped the V2 because of the coil issues ...seems like I need to sit on the fence for a while longer to wait and see how reports of coils issues are coming out before I pick this up ....is a smart looking sub ohm tank for sure though really dig the rainbow version!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review mate I love the original crown, skipped the V2 because of the coil issues ...seems like I need to sit on the fence for a while longer to wait and see how reports of coils issues are coming out before I pick this up ....is a smart looking sub ohm tank for sure though really dig the rainbow version!
Thanks!

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review. I picked up one of these last week. I did get the rainbow version.

The .25 coil is sufficient for my needs and the flavor is definitely on point IMO.

I agree with your con about the locking mechanism and tool. Just seems unnecessary. Only thing I can think of is maybe it provides a tighter seal.

I would love to see an RBA option also.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great review. I picked up one of these last week. I did get the rainbow version.

The .25 coil is sufficient for my needs and the flavor is definitely on point IMO.

I agree with your con about the locking mechanism and tool. Just seems unnecessary. Only thing I can think of is maybe it provides a tighter seal.

I would love to see an RBA option also.
thanks! rainbow and .25 is the way to go IMO ;)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It's one heck of a tank and now you got me all jelly to get a rainbow....I got the dead sexy Blue.

I thought I had commented already here....turns out I was on another forum....lol. Great review bud!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
LMAO yeah it is. blue looks great too. Didn't have any blue so got the blue ammit 25 coming. They are also making a purple now. half tempted to bu it to match my purple mods. Got that purple joker iPWM which would work great with the .5 coils and also the purple gx350

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAO yeah it is. blue looks great too. Didn't have any blue so got the blue ammit 25 coming. They are also making a purple now. half tempted to bu it to match my purple mods. Got that purple joker iPWM which would work great with the .5 coils and also the purple gx350
I think I am going to get a purple Zenith so will need that purple crown. If they were coming out with orange instead then a orange zenith....haha.
You got me hooked on the damn zenith, now a couple of my friends are going to get one too after using mine.....your a bad influence. ..lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think I am going to get a purple Zenith so will need that purple crown. If they were coming out with orange instead then a orange zenith....haha.
You got me hooked on the damn zenith, now a couple of my friends are going to get one too after using mine.....your a bad influence. ..lol

It's a stupidly cheap mod at a stupid price. healthcabin.net has them for 23 bucks plus IIRC vu10off for 10% off http://www.healthcabin.net/ijoy-maxo-zenith-300w-vv-box-mod-p/12995.html i've been debating getting a 2nd color one. both purple and orange caught my eye

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good review there, I was looking to pick up one until I found out about no RBA deck nor any plans for one. That's a deal killer for me, shame since I have all the Crowns up to this one.

That said though check out the D2, a leak proof RTA with great flavor. But still I do wish they would come out with a RBA deck for the Crown III.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Good review there, I was looking to pick up one until I found out about no RBA deck nor any plans for one. That's a deal killer for me, shame since I have all the Crowns up to this one.

That said though check out the D2, a leak proof RTA with great flavor. But still I do wish they would come out with a RBA deck for the Crown III.

Just got the D2 myself well impressed!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Almost got one a few times. Vaporworld.biz had them dirt cheap. Maybe they will again on July 4th and I'll bite:)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Almost got one a few times. Vaporworld.biz had them dirt cheap. Maybe they will again on July 4th and I'll bite:)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Need to spend some more time with it mate to give it my proper thoughts early days yet

It's a damn shame if Rossco is right about the lack of RBA plans for the crown 3 sometimes though if you are getting a dedicated subhohm tank then let them do the driving often RBA bases are a disappointment in my book anyway

VU Sponsors