Become a Patron!

Anthony Vapes: Wismec Motiv 2 Pod AIO Kit Review

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the Wismec Motiv 2 Pod AIO Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links

Introduction:
The Wismec Motiv 2 is the latest AIO Pod Kit from Wismec and the follow up to their Original Motiv AIO Pod System. Wismec is a company who has been around forever and really needs no introduction but has been spotty with their products as of late which has hurt their reputation in the community. The Motiv 2 is a flat style AIO Pod system like a ceto or EQ with a built in 500mah battery and an auto draw feature. It’s available in 5 colors Red, Blue, Black, White, and Green and is available online in the 20-30 USD range.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Colors:Black,Blue,Red,White,Green
  • Size:87.734.414.4mm
  • E Juice Capacity:3ml
  • Battery Capacity:Built-in 500mAh Battery
  • Output Wattage:10W Max
  • Output Mode:Constant Voltage 3.5V
  • All In One Pod Style
  • Intuitive 3 Color LED Indicator
  • Convenient Filling System
  • Micro USB Port Charging Support
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Atomizer Protection
  • Low Voltage Protection
  • Dual Circuit Protection
  • No Load Protection
Included in box:
  • Motiv 2 Device
  • 2X Pods
  • Manual
  • USB Cable
Picture Album
album

Kit Rundown
The Wismec Motiv 2 a flat short style AIO (all in one) Pod kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It does have replaceable pods so you can carry spares. It’s quite small as well similar to the innokin EQ but not quite as small as a ceto and is very easy to pocket and carry around. There is no adjustable air on this device which would have been cool but not a big deal as most this style don’t have adjustable air. It’s a loose MTL vape. It has a great capacity of 3 ml and barely uses much juice at all. One of the largest capacities for a pod system, and also has a 2ml TPD version as well. The battery is listed at 500mah so very large battery as well for a pod system. It features built in USB charging but they don’t list an amp limit. It charges in about 100 mins though and has passthrough vaping. The drip tip is proprietary and part of the pod and is a nice duck-bill shape and works well and is comfy to use. The Wismec Motiv 2 is very nicely build and feels solid with no rattle and the coloring is beautiful and looks to be clear coated and doesn't wear off easy.

The Pod itself is really easy to fill. It comes with an empty pod but the coils are built into the pod like the innokin EQ or rincoe Ceto. The pods are magnetic but not really strong magnets so it mostly just clicks into place however they are easy to remove and stay in place perfectly. It doesn't have the snap into place like the ceto does. I’d imagine most people wouldn’t even notice it’s magnetic. To fill them there is a rubber plug on the bottom that you pop out and the fill hole is a good size but needs a fine tooth bottle. It also has a 2nd hole for air to escape as well which is a nice design. The pods are tinted as well but since they are fully exposed it’s mostly easy to see your juice level.

Usage is pretty easy. There is no buttons so no way to turn off. It’s a simple inhale to vape device like the ceto. There is 1 kind of bright LED on the front behind of the motiv 2. It’s not overly bright but bright enough to see. The lights act as a battery meter as well when firing however the color system they use is really poor. 16-100% is green. The light doesn't change another color until you reach 15% where it turns yellow and then at 5% turns red. Not close to enough warning IMO. It should turn yellow way sooner than 15% left. It’s also a direct output device of 3.5V and has a 10 watt listed limit but they don’t list the resistance of the coils for some reason which I don’t like. When charging, the LED will remain on and red. When full the LED will turn off. One more thing to note, the manual lists some protections and such. Short circuit, Low voltage (3.3V), over vaping (10 seconds) and overcharging protection.

Coil Performance and details
The Wismec Motiv 2 comes with 2 pods which is great. I’m glad they include a spare as many pod systems seem not to. There is only 1 type of pod for this however it comes in a 3ml version or a 2ml TPD version. They don’t list the resistance which bothers me, but if we do a little math with the known values (3.5V output and 10 watts) they resistance should be around 1.2 ohms which sounds about right for a pod system. I used 1 pod from it and the flavor was great the 1st fill up for a pod system then kinda went down to being just good for a pod system after the 2nd fill up. Still it was good and i got 15ml of good vaping from it before it died off so i’ll call it 15-18ml on the coil life which is good where i usually look for 10ml personally per pod. No flooding, no leaks, no spit backs, good life, and good flavor for a pod system. No complaints from me there. I used all 50-55% VG nic salt juices 20-35 mg nicotine.

Pros:
  • color options
  • great 3ml capacity pods
  • easily removable pods
  • easy to refill
  • good build quality
  • nice looks and paint job
  • small size for easy portability
  • auto draw system works great
  • great battery size for such a small device
  • price point (under 30 USD)
  • coil life
  • coil performance
  • Passthrough Vaping
  • comes with 2 pods
  • charges fast enough
  • direct output means it doesn't feel weaker until the battery is almost dead
Cons:
  • pod is tinted a bit too much still
  • Battery Indicator needs to be better spread out
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this POD AIO or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this one i’m going to lean heavy towards the yes. It’s a nicely built device that works well and one of the best auto draw pod systems i’ve used so far. If you want a pod system with autodraw this one is well worth checking out for sure. I added this to my spreadsheet as well of recs which is linked below.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Wismec

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 200 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

VU Sponsors