Become a Patron!

Any experts heard of this???

Some background info:

- I have been vaping for 5 years
- the last 4 years I use the v2 pro series 3
- it is a MTL 3.7 VOLT with silica tank
- I vape 50\50 at 12mg nic or 70pg/30vg 12mg nic

I have never had any problems health wise. But am looking for more flavor from vaping

I bought the kroma a with zenith tank bundle. It uses innokin coils 1.6ohm with cotton. This is a MTL TANK as well

I vaped it and loved it. Great taste and vapor experience.

2 days later I began coughing at night. Only at night. Can't breath, chest is on fire, teeth are sensitive and tickle in my throat. This will last hours. Wake up and wheezing but fine.

The next night same thing but worse. I am coughing so much there was blood. So I have obviously stopped using it.

Switch back to the v2 which sucks but I have been fine 3 days in. Just like before.

I have tried using different e juice but considering I use the same stuff for years, that cannot be the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Can't breath, chest is on fire, teeth are sensitive and tickle in my throat. This will last hours. Wake up and wheezing but fine.

And you post here instead of going to the doctor???

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I get what you are saying.

You use one device and your vaping experience is good but it lacks in vapor production and you want to step up to a better device.

You could have an allergy to the wire.

What kind of wire is in the coils of the V2 and what kind of wire is in the new device?

examples: kanthal, nichrome, nickel, stainless steel, etc....

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Could also be a reaction to nic salts. Matt (from Suck My Mod) had a similar reaction, but not as severe.

I get what you are saying.

You use one device and your vaping experience is good but it lacks in vapor production and you want to step up to a better device.

You could have an allergy to the wire.

What kind of wire is in the coils of the V2 and what kind of wire is in the new device?

examples: kanthal, nichrome, nickel, stainless steel, etc....
It lacks in taste I'm ok not being able to make large clouds as I prefer the mouth to lung feeling. The v2 I use are wicks not sure what the metal around the housing is actually made of. The 3.7 volt is roughly the power it puts out but limited info unfortunately. Maybe 10 wats. the only difference is that the new device uses cotton its a Kanthal coil.. I thought it could be an allergy to the cotton but I would feel it when vaping which I don't. Just at the end if the day. Which is odd because I vape the v2 just as much without issue.

Which cartridges do you use for the V2?

I found the website via google: https://www.v2.com/cartridges/series-3-pg-liquid-cartridge

Can you explain the other device a little better?

I googled "MTL 3.7 VOLT" and couldn't figure out which device you are referring to.
Here is the link the the tank I use on the v2 without any issue. https://www.v2.com/cartridges/series-3-eliquid-cartridge

Here is the tank I use that bothers me. https://www.vapordna.com/Innokin-Kroma-A-75W-TC-Box-Mod-and-Zenith-Tank-Kit-p/kromaz.htm

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The tank that bothers you has kanthal coils (the coil is the metal spring looking thing that the wick goes through. the part that heats up the wick) but I can't tell what metal type V2 uses in the coils that you use with no issue.

I see a lot of their other stuff uses stainless steel coils but I can not find a link that tells me for sure with the ones you use.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Kanthal is one of the safest wires and I don't recall anyone having bad reactions to it.

Most wire allergies are from either pure nickel (NI200) used for temp control or nichrome (which contains nickel) coils.

This is one that's tough.
I know if you see a doctor you are going to get "Well just stop vaping" which isn't very helpful.
But I would still go get checked out if those conditions reappear.

Kanthal is one of the safest wires and I don't recall anyone having bad reactions to it.

Most wire allergies are from either pure nickel (NI200) used for temp control or nichrome (which contains nickel) coils.

This is one that's tough.
I know if you see a doctor you are going to get "Well just stop vaping" which isn't very helpful.
But I would still go get checked out if those conditions reappear.
Haha yeah I figured this was tough. The v2 does not use any wire to heat up. It has silica wicks that wick onto the heating element directly. As you mentioned the kanthal heats up the cotton to create vapor.

I have done a bunch of experiments and have come to 2 conclusions. Either the nic level is to high and I am getting to much through out the day. Or I am somehow allergic to the cotton/ kanthal.

I'll report back if I find an answer. Thanks for the help anyway but I had a feeling not many would know what's wrong.

VU Sponsors