Become a Patron!

Any other fishermen around?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
CARSON_RIVER_HOPE.jpg

This is the Carson river up in the Sierras of Ca...a really pretty river to spend the day on.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG-Burney_Falls_Casting-940x350.jpg

One year went up to this pool and tied on 25 ft. of lead core fly line and spent a couple of hours fishing this pool...hooked a fish on about every third cast.It makes up for those days coming into camp after dark,soaking wet,hungry,bruised, scratched and .......fishless.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a6f94e02-748e-4b7f-839c-540408c89b04.jpg

The Trinity River in northeren Ca...... I hooked my first steelhead on this river....it fought me a good while. then it shot out of the water and porposied a good 3 feet above the water, about a 5 pound fish ....at the apex of it's arc it looked me in the eye then casually spit my fly out of it's mouth and lesiurely dove back into the river....as if to say...."fucking newbies"

Marc411

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Out deep? I'm listening

Yooper, I lucky enough to have a boat that I can get out to 180 to 250 FOW. The Coho and 3 year old Kings are out therein the top 50 feet. The weather has been a little rough this season, I'm not a fan of waves over 3/4 feet but when you get out there the mix of fish improves. You'll still get lakers but there are some salmon mixed into the catch. I love coho as eaters, the kings for the fight and lakers under 8 lbs for the smoker.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Huge bass fisherman.

Biggest of the year so far: (a giant for Nebraska)
0dfde028c007779ff49130590cd51bb1.jpg

Also dabble in fly fishing and tying. Just not great trout fishing close by, other than seasonal stocking. But bluegills love 'em too.

That doesn't happen to be at Walnut Creek does it?

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yooper, I lucky enough to have a boat that I can get out to 180 to 250 FOW. The Coho and 3 year old Kings are out therein the top 50 feet. The weather has been a little rough this season, I'm not a fan of waves over 3/4 feet but when you get out there the mix of fish improves. You'll still get lakers but there are some salmon mixed into the catch. I love coho as eaters, the kings for the fight and lakers under 8 lbs for the smoker.

You must be on the south end of Michigan? I thought you were referring to Superior when you mentioned going out deep.

eggymaniac

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Possibly.

Just don't tell anyone.

its our secret..or was lol

I grew up fishing that lake for many years, and its still my favorite lake when I go back to visit! Not sure if you remember Anglers Supply, but I worked there for a couple years when I was 16 before they closed down.

VU Sponsors