Become a Patron!

Any vapeshops that have this magazine in store?

VT Andrew

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
We are considering having a few copies around for the customers to read, but it's also LOTS of advertisements for other vape vendors, so this could be a double-edged sword. Thoughts?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

jmaulvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think the advertising for other vape stores would be an issue. Only experienced vapors would most likely come in and relax and read the magazine. These vapors would probably already know about the companies advertising in vape news magazine anyway. I doubt any newbies that only know about your shop would sit down and read the magazine anyway. Plus the longer you can keep someone in your store the more likely they are to decide to buy something else they weren't planning on purchasing. Also, they might see an ad for something from another vendor that they really want and you happen to carry it for a similar price and buy it from you.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Plus the longer you can keep someone in your store the more likely they are to decide to buy something else they weren't planning on purchasing. Also, they might see an ad for something from another vendor that they really want and you happen to carry it for a similar price and buy it from you.

Now that is reason enough to carry it or have others like it.
I saw one at my Vape shop I use and darn, if they had a nice dripper I saw in the mag and just so happens my shop had it. Guess what? I got me one right there.

tinkerevol

Member For 4 Years
VU Live Host
There is a local shop to me that keeps it there but I personally have a subscription lol

Jwraps

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
we have it in our store and customers read it while relaxing at the lounge area. Most advertizments are same as people can find online anyways and most vendors are in different states. Very cool magazine with great articles.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You run a library or a vape store !!! If they spend all the time reading, and not buying you will be running a museum . Get your people to talk to the customer and get them involved !!!

NYNURSE

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You run a library or a vape store !!! If they spend all the time reading, and not buying you will be running a museum . Get your people to talk to the customer and get them involved !!!

If you consider a library as a source of information, you should be running both. What are your demographics? Who are your most frequent repeat customers and what is the most common questions asked by them. An informed buyer will return much more ofter then a "shopper" When I visit a B&M I want to be treated as a customer in a store, not like I'm at a hot dog truck.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We have a few around the store but I've only seen a couple of customers pick them up. My biggest problem with them is not necessarily the number of advertisements (though it's FULL of them) but the ads are generally for 1) hardware I've never heard of and 2) eliquids that have won awards from the magazine itself.

Some of the articles can be interesting. Since Five Pawns has had a big centerfold advertisement the last couple of issues, I wonder how/if they're going to handle the whole diacetyl/AP issue that's come up with them.

tonejoeo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vape News Magazine has an amazing staff eager and willing to assist in many ways. If u simply email them, the editor will most likely be the one replying. They're impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VapingN252

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Plus the longer you can keep someone in your store the more likely they are to decide to buy something else they weren't planning on purchasing. Also, they might see an ad for something from another vendor that they really want and you happen to carry it for a similar price and buy it from you.

I agree with this, but the vape shops here want you in and out. There is only one shop I can kinda chill out at and that's avail vapor. Most of these shops don't even have places to sit.

TangoWhisky

Member For 4 Years
IMO a shop that offers customers a full experience - conversation and publications as well as product - is superior. Places like my LVS (two big couches and a 'no rush' policy) get my business over the other 7 or 8 in town .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tonejoeo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think carrying any and all Vape Publications is extremely relevant to the success of any shop. Typically, if I see that a place carries Vape News Magazine, then I will always be a returning customer there. Vape News Magazine is far superior above all others. Email them at [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy thread resurrection! My opinion - if your prices are so far out of line that you're scared of your customers seeing them, you probably aren't in business any more (OP started this thread more than a year ago). Otherwise, it's an opportunity for customers to read about product, then get up and go check out a live version in your case (and hopefully buy it).

VU Sponsors