Become a Patron!

Anyone Else Aware of New Shipping Regulations?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm curious if anyone has gotten an update from any other company. Just received news from one US based vendor, VapeWild, that there are new regulations in place when it comes to ordering ejuice or products containing nicotine. Adult Signature requirements for delivery to the following states in the US - Texas, Iowa, Massachusetts, Nevada, North Dakota and Virginia.

Apparently even if you're of legal age to vape new legislation in these states says that recipients of packages containing nicotine must be 21yrs of age or older and be able to present id and sign for the package. If it's sent to a PO Box they'll need to bring id with them and present it when picking up. It doesn't have to be the purchaser, just someone with proof of age capable of signing for the package before it will be delivered.

Supposedly this is state regulation so would affect all places of business who ship ejuice online to these states. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this notice from other companies yet. VapeWild will be offering free shipping for orders over the set $40 amount (many companies offer free shipping over x amount) however it doesn't cover an additional fee of $6.40 for the adult signature required services. So people from the mentioned states would be billed an additional $6.40 per order for the mandated signature requirements.

Active military are exempt if shipping to a base since Fed law applies and not State law.

A link to their site describing all of this. So far this is the first I've heard of it. However if true I imagine would affect all vendors not just VapeWild and their customers.
https://www.vapewild.com/blog/adult...v1adWMHTctu0h5TjfbTB0w9uU9e40zvePy5cothH-4XZE

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They are getting in front of new laws implemented or are in the process of being implemented in certain states.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Do we know if these laws are in effect for Texas yet?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
@5150sick I know you seem to have a vast catalogue of knowledge on these matters? Thoughts?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hadn't heard of it until VapeWild's company notice, however if this is the trend for US based online vape stores thought it might be a good thing to become aware of. Especially since it's not company policy, legislation will mean it will affect all online vendors in the near future. Not sure how other companies will tackle this, if they'll absorb the fees, possibly raise prices across the board to help cover the signature fees so customers in the affected states aren't paying an additional $6 with every order or if they'll do similar to VapeWild and leave customers in those states paying additional signature fees with every juice order from any/all vendors.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm curious if anyone has gotten an update from any other company. Just received news from one US based vendor, VapeWild, that there are new regulations in place when it comes to ordering ejuice or products containing nicotine. Adult Signature requirements for delivery to the following states in the US - Texas, Iowa, Massachusetts, Nevada, North Dakota and Virginia.

Apparently even if you're of legal age to vape new legislation in these states says that recipients of packages containing nicotine must be 21yrs of age or older and be able to present id and sign for the package. If it's sent to a PO Box they'll need to bring id with them and present it when picking up. It doesn't have to be the purchaser, just someone with proof of age capable of signing for the package before it will be delivered.

Supposedly this is state regulation so would affect all places of business who ship ejuice online to these states. I was wondering if anyone else has come across this notice from other companies yet. VapeWild will be offering free shipping for orders over the set $40 amount (many companies offer free shipping over x amount) however it doesn't cover an additional fee of $6.40 for the adult signature required services. So people from the mentioned states would be billed an additional $6.40 per order for the mandated signature requirements.

Active military are exempt if shipping to a base since Fed law applies and not State law.

A link to their site describing all of this. So far this is the first I've heard of it. However if true I imagine would affect all vendors not just VapeWild and their customers.
https://www.vapewild.com/blog/adult...v1adWMHTctu0h5TjfbTB0w9uU9e40zvePy5cothH-4XZE
What you describe is already in place in Canada. If they deliver a mod, atty, juice or anything vape related to my door it's carded and signature, if you're not home you bring id to the post office. Luckily for me I work weekends and am home during the week stalking my vape packages, the mail lady knows me very well by now from all of my vape purchases so she doesn't ask anymore.

It's up to the vendor to tell Canada post what the package contains though and require proof of age. My China purchases always go straight in the mailbox.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you describe is already in place in Canada. If they deliver a mod, atty, juice or anything vape related to my door it's carded and signature, if you're not home you bring id to the post office. Luckily for me I work weekends and am home during the week stalking my vape packages, the mail lady knows me very well by now from all of my vape purchases so she doesn't ask anymore.

It's up to the vendor to tell Canada post what the package contains though and require proof of age. My China purchases always go straight in the mailbox.
It might be in place for Canada but it would be new for the US. We already have varying age verification from company to company, many asking for photo id's, ssn and proof of age at checkout. This would mean an extra step for a handful of states, many customers either aren't home or just have their items shipped to a po box. This will incur an extra fee (and fairly hefty) as well as a lot of headache for people. It will also cause an issue for those who are legal to vape in their state (18yrs) but suddenly won't be able to receive their mail unless they can find someone 21yrs+ to sign and show id for packages.

My mail lady knows me well and I'm not in a state affected by this either. It's still a potential problem. It wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibility to have someone order a few bottles of juice from vendor A, a couple bottles from vendor B and several bottles from vendor C. 3 different companies, 3 different mail delivery dates potentially, trying to make sure and be around for each delivery. And if each company tacks on a $6.40 fee for signature requirements, those people will be paying an additional $19.20 usd ($25.56 cad) or more depending how many different vendors they buy juice from.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It might be in place for Canada but it would be new for the US. We already have varying age verification from company to company, many asking for photo id's, ssn and proof of age at checkout. This would mean an extra step for a handful of states, many customers either aren't home or just have their items shipped to a po box. This will incur an extra fee (and fairly hefty) as well as a lot of headache for people. It will also cause an issue for those who are legal to vape in their state (18yrs) but suddenly won't be able to receive their mail unless they can find someone 21yrs+ to sign and show id for packages.

My mail lady knows me well and I'm not in a state affected by this either. It's still a potential problem. It wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibility to have someone order a few bottles of juice from vendor A, a couple bottles from vendor B and several bottles from vendor C. 3 different companies, 3 different mail delivery dates potentially, trying to make sure and be around for each delivery. And if each company tacks on a $6.40 fee for signature requirements, those people will be paying an additional $19.20 usd ($25.56 cad) or more depending how many different vendors they buy juice from.
I completely understand how this would be an inconvenience for many. I was just stating that we're already used to it up here and yes, it can be a major pain in the ass if you're not home to receive a package.

Canadian sites don't do age verification at checkout, so that's also a difference.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I get many vape mails with Signature Required but has never cost me more for shipping.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Breazy has been requiring signatures on all orders I've placed with them for about a year now. Have not ordered any juice, don't buy factory coils any more, so all of it was hardware. I live in Virginia.

Have never been charged more for shipping.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you check the Chinese Vendor thread you will see some interesting descriptions on Vape gear. Hey I have no complaints because it was a metal tube for an Atomizer.

VU Sponsors