Become a Patron!

Anyone in Jacksonville, FL?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some help obtaining the only juice that I use. Yup, the only juice. I'm highly sensitive to ejuices and have allergic reactions to most. It takes a long time to find something that I can safely use.

I lived in Jacksonville most of my life and was buying from New Leaf Vapor Co. Their Crisp Menthol juice is perfect for me.

However, we just moved all the way to California to live with family due to my husband being laid off and since New Leaf does not ship any longer, I have no way of obtaining it.

Ever since moving out here, I have tried a ridiculous amount of juices and wasted tons of money on them. I contacted New Leaf to see if they knew of an alternative or would private ship out here. They weren't much help but recommended a juice, Nicquid's Smoothol. It came closest to my old juice but ever since I started to use it, I've been displaying allergic reactions. It is not a possible alternative and it is also difficult to get out here as there is only one tiny company in Florida that will ship it to me.

Lately I have been having awful urges to start smoking again. It's most likely the ease of buying cigarettes and knowing that while they are also a waste of money, I already know what I'd be getting. I don't want to go back to smoking though after being smoke-free since 2013.

So if anyone lives in Jacksonville and wouldn't mind doing a monthly or bi-weekly shopping trip I will pre-pay for the order, shipping, shipping supplies, etc. I'll include a pre-determined fee for you taking your time to assist me as I'd need to regularly order juice. I'm not trying to rip anyone off or get you to waste your time. I just need some help :)

Thanks all and I hope there is someone out there,
Ellie

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi @Ellith and welcome to the forum. I don't live in Florida but wanted to welcome you. There are a lot helpful folks here. My thoughts are: is it the flavoring or the base make up that triggers your allergic reaction. If you mixed your own you might be able to find something compatible for you. It's so easy to mix your own and sooo much cheaper, plus you could stock up on supplies once you find something, who knows what "THEY" will do next.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply and suggestion :) I have actually tried to mix my own in the past, on two separate occasions. Once on my own, which was a huge fail. The second time I tried was when a friend told me he makes all of his own juices and taught me how to do it. Once again, a huge fail. I was considering it again and even asked New Leaf if they wouldn't ship to me then could they tell me what flavors make up that juice I use, but they refused to do so. So now I am last resorting and hoping to find a way to obtain it. Once it becomes impossible to even do that, I'm not sure what I'll do.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Hi Ellie, sorry to hear you're having problems with e-liquid. I don't live anywhere near Jacksonville, so can't help you with that particular liquid. I can offer an alternative suggestion, though.

Try vaping plain PG/VG/nic. You can order it from nicbase.com, already mixed. Chances are there's no difference in the pre-mixed base nicbase has and the base your old vape shop used. I would suggest that you stick with the same proportions of PG to VG that you've successfully vaped in the past. I haven't vaped plain base myself, but others on here have, and they describe it as having a light, mildly sweet flavor.

You may also be able to find "unflavored" e-liquid at a vape store. I really don't know because I do my shopping online.

If you try this and it's successful, you could order a flavoring or two from Bull City Flavors or any other flavoring vendor you prefer. That way you could try flavorings, one at a time, in 10ml of that pre-mixed base. If you have to toss it, you're tossing a quarter, not 30 bucks.

Say you get a 10ml bottle of Capella Menthol ($1.75 at BCF). You could start with 6 drops of it in a 10ml empty bottle. If 6 drops works ok, then use 8 or 9 drops for the next 10ml bottle that you mix. See if you can get the flavor to a place you like without having a reaction to it.

Many pre-made liquids are so over-flavored and over-sweetened, and your reaction to them may be related to that excess. As others have said, if you mix your own you have so much more control over what it contains.

Good luck

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinkin, if yuo dont want to mix, just change to a co that will ship to you.
Can’t do that. It’s their brand that I vape, so they are the only place I can get it. And as mentioned, I’ve already wasted a few hundred dollars ordering everything similar from every website that would ship to me, to find an alternative. I really do just want that juice lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ellie, sorry to hear you're having problems with e-liquid. I don't live anywhere near Jacksonville, so can't help you with that particular liquid. I can offer an alternative suggestion, though.

Try vaping plain PG/VG/nic. You can order it from nicbase.com, already mixed. Chances are there's no difference in the pre-mixed base nicbase has and the base your old vape shop used. I would suggest that you stick with the same proportions of PG to VG that you've successfully vaped in the past. I haven't vaped plain base myself, but others on here have, and they describe it as having a light, mildly sweet flavor.

You may also be able to find "unflavored" e-liquid at a vape store. I really don't know because I do my shopping online.

If you try this and it's successful, you could order a flavoring or two from Bull City Flavors or any other flavoring vendor you prefer. That way you could try flavorings, one at a time, in 10ml of that pre-mixed base. If you have to toss it, you're tossing a quarter, not 30 bucks.

Say you get a 10ml bottle of Capella Menthol ($1.75 at BCF). You could start with 6 drops of it in a 10ml empty bottle. If 6 drops works ok, then use 8 or 9 drops for the next 10ml bottle that you mix. See if you can get the flavor to a place you like without having a reaction to it.

Many pre-made liquids are so over-flavored and over-sweetened, and your reaction to them may be related to that excess. As others have said, if you mix your own you have so much more control over what it contains.

Good luck
I might try this. I actually have a flavor requirement as well, which is why it is so difficult to find a vape I can use and also like. I did try to get the recipe for the one I use but they wouldn’t give it up. I have a great palate so I have been able to mostly pull out all the flavors in the juice, but I ran out of it back in December so it’ll be more difficult now to get it right.

So I suppose if all else fails that will have to be my alternative. I can attempt to re-create it. Thank you for the store suggestions. Those prices sound nicer than what I dealt with in the past when trying diy.

Still holding out hope that someone lives in the area though :) Worst part is that my mother lives next door to the vape shop but refuses to ship anything to me. She sent one bottle before and they made sign her a form saying she wasn’t shipping any vape products. So now she’s too scared to send any.

Perhaps does anyone know of a way to ship from Florida to California that I could direct her to instead?

VU Sponsors