Become a Patron!

Anyone know the resistivity of G-Plat and other "specialty" wires?

Vaporcloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know what the resistivity of G-Plat is? I cant seem to find any resources for it, I'm not sure if there is a data sheet available for it yet or not, if there is I cant find it. Any help would be nice. Also the resistivity of any of the other similar wire types would be cool. I already know all the Kanthal and Nichrome resistivities. Thanks.

Vaporcloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Have you tried G plat at all? It's about half the resistance of Kanthal. So it's great for low all day builds. I don't use it on any of my regulated devices (for obvious reasons). But for my mechs I use it all day. I mainly use my Mechs for savory/deserts and like a warm vape. So 6/7 wraps of 22g on a 3mm and it produces exactly what I'm looking for (a ton of surface area on the wick, fast ramp up time and easy to re-wick). But I understand your reservations and get that it's expensive. Maybe it is just 316/317L stainless but it's too late for me now. I've fallen down the rabbits hole and am enjoying the ride. Thanks for the info, if you find out more keep feeding the info

manson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use 26awg.....and I thought I saw you down there talkin' to Alice

Obsidian...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah she's cool... I'll blame it on her. Lots of people are using 26g now. I'll try it out for a higher build for my fruit vapes since I don't like them warm at all. Warm fruit = very wrong to me

VU Sponsors