Anyone looking for Nic base?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just got this email from Delosi Labs. The site to order from is www.nicbase.com. It's not cheap $76.69 for 1 liter of 100mg and I didn't check the shipping. But, if you're in need of nic you gotta pay the price I guess.

mail
Inspired by Nature, Crafted by Delosi®​

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is expensive as all get out from Nude Nicotine, Synthetic Nicotine. But, if you gotta have it, you gotta have it... And they are able to ship it through FedEx. Don't mention anything about vaping if you order as they have this disclaimer:

This nicotine product is intended for use in oral/dermal nootropic, laboratory research, & nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) formulations ONLY. This includes, but is not limited to: gum, lozenges, transdermal patches, oral sprays, inhalers. This product is NOT intended for use in electronic cigarettes, vaporizers or any vaping application.

“Syntha,” Nude Nicotine’s Synthetic Nicotine, has been prepared in the laboratory and does not come from tobacco. That’s correct – nicotine, that is TRULY TOBACCO FREE!​

Our ‘Syntha” Synthetic Nicotine is constructed in the laboratory from pyrrolidine and pyridine backbone chemistries, then further purified by chromatography, followed by a final distillation step. The purity and quality of our Syntha is like no other and has the benefits of being available in multiple two formulations of R and S isomers (see below). Synthetic “Syntha” Nicotine purity is on-par with our “Pharma” grade, at or above 99.5%, 0.5% purer than USP.

Syntha is available in two master formulations:​

1. Racemic – 50% R / 50% S-isomer – Racemic Syntha is a mixture of both nicotine isomers, with a unique chemical signature due to the presence of the R-isomer in the blend. Tobacco nicotine does not have the R-isomer. The performance of this blend is considered industry-standard for synthetic nicotine as it-is the most widely adopted.
  2. Isomerized – 100% S-isomer – Isomerized Syntha is a 100% S-isomer synthetic nicotine that performs identical to tobacco-nicotine. The racemic Syntha is subjected to additional steps of processing and refinement to produce a synthetic nicotine that is devoid of R-isomer. We feel that this is the highest-performing synthetic nicotine.
Each batch of “Syntha” nicotine is supported as a true-synthetic (non-tobacco) product with batch identification, certificates of origin, and certificates of analysis. We test for the absence of tobacco alkaloids, as well as a radiocarbon c14 analysis for the absence of biobased carbon.

We at Nude Nicotine are committed to the reduction of the environmental impact of our industry as a whole. The efforts to reduce land impact through the tobacco-growing process is a core-value at Nude Nicotine, and by reducing the amount of nicotine produced through conventional farming methods, we are on our way to reducing the support of the tobacco industry by the purchase of cigarette tobacco for distillation into pure nicotine. [590 metric tons] of CO2 [emissions] per million cigarettes” (1). This equates to ~26 metric tons of C02 reduction in farming and tobacco processing per 1000L of pure nicotine produced (2).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Shew wee. ~$90.00 for 1L of unflavored 100% VG at 18mg/ml base. That's roughly twice as much as I paid elsewhere no more than three months ago. *smh* "Use nicotine to vape?" "Yeah, erm, why?" "Yeah, fuck you buddy!"

And no, I'm not saying you're saying the fuck you buddy. It's just seeming well, society in general is saying it. What the fuck? We need to kill greed, that's all.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why buy 18 mg, when you can buy 100 mg for 79.99 ???

To avoid needing to reduce 100 mg down to 18 mg. Know there's a formula. Same time also know the situation here does not offer space, time to set and go through the process. Convenience the bottom line I guess.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I just got this email from Delosi Labs. The site to order from is www.nicbase.com. It's not cheap $76.69 for 1 liter of 100mg and I didn't check the shipping. But, if you're in need of nic you gotta pay the price I guess.

mail
Inspired by Nature, Crafted by Delosi®​
It’s not the cleanest nic unless you vape unflavored or tobaccos. It literally tastes like cigarettes. I’d hate to see the piña colada vapers get disappointed.
Do you have suggestions for a known good source that ships to NY? Would be my first time buying this way.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
As far as I know. The only state VZ that doesn’t ship to is Washington State. I’d give them a call first, just to make sure.
I decided to try VZ once I saw how long you've been active in this and other forums. So I tried to put an order...."We don't ship to your state" under the shipping options. :(

Where else might I try? This is such a pain in the balls. I would have been prepared but I started vaping such a short time ago. This is surmountable by me....but new guys looking to quit, this is a giant roadblock.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I decided to try VZ once I saw how long you've been active in this and other forums. So I tried to put an order...."We don't ship to your state" under the shipping options. :(

Where else might I try? This is such a pain in the balls. I would have been prepared but I started vaping such a short time ago. This is surmountable by me....but new guys looking to quit, this is a giant roadblock.
Have you tried Carolina Xtract? That’s about the only option I know of. They’re very expensive, but is very clean nic.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Have you tried Carolina Xtract? That’s about the only option I know of. They’re very expensive, but is very clean nic.
I've only JUST begun this. So I haven't looked into much yet. The one place that said they WOULD ship to me is Delosi. Cheap prices but I think the shipping is in cuckoo land.

On another note....FFS I can't even order a damn fkin MOD online unless it's a NY store. This is RIDICULOUS! So I have this ONE place, and it's got good service, myvaporstore, but they don't have the hugest stock. I've only got one mod and I just ordered my first rta. We're living in clownworld.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
On one hand...150 bucks for a liter of 100mg is "expensive". But then....correct me if I got my math wrong....but that should make ~250 60ml bottles at 6mg. About 60 cents of nicotine per bottle. I'm getting a headache.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I tried a New York zip code......
I'm waiting to hear back from me contacting them. I've had an issue before where that's happened. I also tried to call them. We'll see what happens. So far Delosi is the only one...I may have to try it.

I just got my first RTA so this juice problem is the final piece of the puzzle to vape practically for free.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm waiting to hear back from me contacting them. I've had an issue before where that's happened. I also tried to call them. We'll see what happens. So far Delosi is the only one...I may have to try it.

I just got my first RTA so this juice problem is the final piece of the puzzle to vape practically for free.
Oh, I remember another vendor. Wizard Labs says call for pricing too.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Oh, I remember another vendor. Wizard Labs says call for pricing too.
Dumb noob question....I'm sure I can find this in another thread but I'm really trusting you now! .... Is it better to buy 100mg solution in pg or vg? I'll be storing a liter in the fridge. I'll get bigger once I've tested it. But that's all I need for quite a while by my calculations.

Unless I'm completely witless I think a liter of 100mg would make about 250 60ml bottles of 6mg.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dumb noob question....I'm sure I can find this in another thread but I'm really trusting you now! .... Is it better to buy 100mg solution in pg or vg? I'll be storing a liter in the fridge. I'll get bigger once I've tested it. But that's all I need for quite a while by my calculations.

Unless I'm completely witless I think a liter of 100mg would make about 250 60ml bottles of 6mg.
Thanks for your kind words. 🙂 I’m a high pg vaper. I always buy pg based nicotine. Easier to work with, and never has hotspots.
To make a 60 ml bottle you’ll be using 3.6 ml of nic base from the 100 mg bottle. So you’ll get exactly 277.7 bottles 🙂

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Thanks for your kind words. 🙂 I’m a high pg vaper. I always buy pg based nicotine. Easier to work with, and never has hotspots.
To make a 60 ml bottle you’ll be using 3.6 ml of nic base from the 100 mg bottle. So you’ll get exactly 277.7 bottles 🙂
Do you think pg would last a couple of years in the fridge?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It does for me. They say freezing lasts longer. I really don’t know, because PG is a antifreeze. All my years of vaping. I just stored my nic in a dark cool cabinet. Some oxidized faster than others. All depends on how much suspended matter is in the nicotine. As of now I just have 2 liters of mfs 100 mg in the fridge. I just see that lasting for just 2 years. I’ll still get my nic when it’s gone. I snus most of the time. 43 mg Siberia is my favorite.Lol

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I'm happy to report.....The Delosi nic in PG is good.
TOTALLY clear.
Just a bit of tingle mixed at my 12mg requirement for mtl.

My first test was with Delosi VG, PG, and 100mg nicbase. UNflavored.
65/35 VG/PG. Mixed by weight. (SO much easier!)
Totally cleaned out Ares2 tank with new coil and cotton.
MARVELOUS.

Vapes totally clean, shockingly little bite in my limited experience. FAR less bite than a cheap nic-shot from my local. Very happy with this purchase. No funky tastes from ANYTHING. I will be buying a gallon from them before year end.

I bought one liter and broke it down into blue PET bottles. 500ml, 250, 125, 2 regular 60's, and a 10ml.
Half inch of air at top. Foil line caps. Teflon taped the caps. Double plastic bagged, then paper bagged and in fridge.

Will probably put bottles in airtight plastic ammo box soon as I get to Walmart. Eliminate the extra bags.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Supernoob I have gallons upon gallons in storage in medical grade freezers. I have it down to a science. I purchase like @Jimi D, 100% PG. I always get 100mg, as it seems to be the sweet spot in strength and safety. 100%PG should be the choice unless you are PG sens. As Jimi stated, PG is MUCH easier to work with, and PG based NIC will store better, and quite a bit longer than VG based.

The biggest issue with 100%VG based NIC is when very cold (as your NIC should always be), it is VERY thick. This makes not only using it a chore, but also thoroughly mixing it up BEFORE using (to prevent "Hot Spots"), equally difficult. Because it is so thick, most people have to fully thaw it out JUST to be able to mix it, and use it, and repeated freeze/thaw cycles WILL rapidly speed the decay of the NIC.

Purchase your NIC of choice, and break it down into smaller glass bottles with good caps. I go a few steps beyond that, and use -55F medical freezers, top of each bottle with Argon gas, and cap and tape.

How much you purchase will obviously dictate how concerned you are about long term storage. A fridge could be fine for a small "working" bottle, but if you are storing, and/or long term storing, the freezer is really the only way to go.

Light, heat, atmosphere (air) are the three things which will oxidize your NIC. Minimize, or eliminate them as much as you can.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
@Supernoob I have gallons upon gallons in storage in medical grade freezers. I have it down to a science. I purchase like @Jimi D, 100% PG. I always get 100mg, as it seems to be the sweet spot in strength and safety. 100%PG should be the choice unless you are PG sens. As Jimi stated, PG is MUCH easier to work with, and PG based NIC will store better, and quite a bit longer than VG based.

The biggest issue with 100%VG based NIC is when very cold (as your NIC should always be), it is VERY thick. This makes not only using it a chore, but also thoroughly mixing it up BEFORE using (to prevent "Hot Spots"), equally difficult. Because it is so thick, most people have to fully thaw it out JUST to be able to mix it, and use it, and repeated freeze/thaw cycles WILL rapidly speed the decay of the NIC.

Purchase your NIC of choice, and break it down into smaller glass bottles with good caps. I go a few steps beyond that, and use -55F medical freezers, top of each bottle with Argon gas, and cap and tape.

How much you purchase will obviously dictate how concerned you are about long term storage. A fridge could be fine for a small "working" bottle, but if you are storing, and/or long term storing, the freezer is really the only way to go.

Light, heat, atmosphere (air) are the three things which will oxidize your NIC. Minimize, or eliminate them as much as you can.
Yes, I chose PG. I only bought a liter so far. My experience was very good. VERY easy to work with. I spoke to someone at the lab for a while. I picked up quite a few tidbids from him. Especially how to store nic once you've cracked open a bottle. Broke the liter down to a 500, 250, 125, and 2 60's. They're PET bottles for this medium storage. No argon, but I'm going to get that for bigger stashes. Foil lined caps. Half inch air at top. Teflon taped. Double bagged.

Since it's only a liter, I'm not worried about the freezer just yet. Also, and I'll need to confirm this, but it is my understanding that one would need their freezer to go to at least -10F to be effective for nic. I've also been told that oxygen is by FAR the worst thing for the nic....The reason for the graduating sizes after breakdown, to ensure each bottle touches air as few times in it's life as possible. Light of course is the obvious one that's easiest to protect from. And one detail about temperature, again, I'm more asking than sharing information....I was told not to worry a great deal about temp as long as it's not like over 100F all the time, and ensure there aren't big fast changes in temperature.

Please tell me your thoughts on that. Obviously, if I were storing gallons I would consider a deep-freeze type freezer....but I just can't afford it at the moment, I got into vaping pretty recent otherwise I'd have been more prepared.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since it's only a liter, I'm not worried about the freezer just yet. Also, and I'll need to confirm this, but it is my understanding that one would need their freezer to go to at least -10F to be effective for nic.
The larger the purchase, and your burn rate will dictate everything. It may take you quite a while to burn through that liter, and the whole time you are, especially if you don't break it down into smaller bottles, you will be exposing the entire liter to heat, air, light when opening, mixing/using.

Also, and I'll need to confirm this, but it is my understanding that one would need their freezer to go to at least -10F to be effective for nic.
Negative. All we are actually doing by chilling or freezing our NIC, is SLOWING down reactions, and oxidation. Light, heat, and air are the culprits. The more you have of any of them, the faster the oxidation will occur. The lower the temperature, the SLOWER it will occur. It doesn't matter if your freezer only goes down to 32F, as that is FAR better than room temperature.
The reason for the graduating sizes after breakdown, to ensure each bottle touches air as few times in it's life as possible.
Yes. NOTHING could be worse, than just purchasing a liter, and using it entirely in the shipping bottle over it's lifetime. You would be exposing your ENTIRE supply of NIC, EVERY time you open the bottle. ALWAYS break down every NIC purchase. Another entirely different, yet related subject it the use of plastic in stronger NIC storage, which should be avoided. Atmosphere can leak in, and some plastics can leach into your NIC, so glass, glass, glass is the way to go.
I'm more asking than sharing information....I was told not to worry a great deal about temp as long as it's not like over 100F all the time
I strongly disagree with that. LOW TEMP is the key here. The lower you can go, the SLOWER the oxidation will be. I don't know your burn rate, and/or how long that liter will last you, but I am assuming quite a while, and that would be a LONG time for that NIC to oxidize.
Please tell me your thoughts on that. Obviously, if I were storing gallons I would consider a deep-freeze type freezer....but I just can't afford it at the moment, I got into vaping pretty recent otherwise I'd have been more prepared.
Fair point, but I'm looking out for YOUR NIC, just like it was MY NIC. If you can't buy a stand alone, dedicated freezer, do you have space in your existing one ? Not accessible to kids ?? Put your break down bottles into big Ziplock bags for added safety.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping Zone stopped shipping. Delosi removed nic from their site. It’s over. Big Government wins. Bastards!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Vaping Zone stopped shipping. Delosi removed nic from their site. It’s over. Big Government wins. Bastards!

You could always check Hiliq.
They've been shipping nicotine for years.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Delosi still sells nic at https://nicbase.com/ . They just don't have the link anymore on the Delosi site. I've been using it for weeks now...it is definitely quality. Completely clean, clear, and flavorless. No harshness or anything like that. And CERTAINLY NOT smelling or tasting like tobacco. And totally professionally bottled, packaged, and the whole presentation was professional.

I was just in contact with Sam from the lab, who was very helpful on the first call. They are still selling as of 4 days ago, we spoke through email this time. He told me they will sell until they are stopped specifically. Which has not happened. I'm putting another order in very soon. A gallon this time, and a liter of salt too.

Don't sleep on Delosi. I'm extremely happy with it. And I was very nervous after JimD's words, but that was definitely not my experience. I'm glad I took the chance. I vape anywhere from 3 to 12mg, and from no sweetness to very sweet, all over the map, and it's always all good.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Delosi still sells nic at https://nicbase.com/ . They just don't have the link anymore on the Delosi site. I've been using it for weeks now...it is definitely quality. Completely clean, clear, and flavorless. No harshness or anything like that. And CERTAINLY NOT smelling or tasting like tobacco. And totally professionally bottled, packaged, and the whole presentation was professional.

I was just in contact with Sam from the lab, who was very helpful on the first call. They are still selling as of 4 days ago, we spoke through email this time. He told me they will sell until they are stopped specifically. Which has not happened. I'm putting another order in very soon. A gallon this time, and a liter of salt too.

Don't sleep on Delosi. I'm extremely happy with it. And I was very nervous after JimD's words, but that was definitely not my experience. I'm glad I took the chance. I vape anywhere from 3 to 12mg, and from no sweetness to very sweet, all over the map, and it's always all good.
Did you have to be home to sign for the package?

Edit: I just opened the giant bottle of NIC I ordered from NicRiver before all of this happened and it should have been enough to last me years, but it is really harsh. I remember seeing something about bad batches of Nic before they closed up shop, I feel like it's too late to do anything about it now.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Edit: I just opened the giant bottle of NIC I ordered from NicRiver before all of this happened and it should have been enough to last me years, but it is really harsh. I remember seeing something about bad batches of Nic before they closed up shop, I feel like it's too late to do anything about it now.
That sucks and yes it has happened to more than a few.
I grabbed a gallon of Delosi a few months back it is very good nic.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks and yes it has happened to more than a few.
I grabbed a gallon of Delosi a few months back it is very good nic.
Thankfully I have a pretty good sized bottle of salts that I can use for now. I would rather stock up on something now just in case the situation gets any more desperate than it already is for ordering nic.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

I'm in NY. And yes I had to sign for it, but any adult can sign. At least that's what the mailman said. The Delosi is legit good. And very helpful with tips too. Not only will they talk with you...you'll probably have to work to get them OFF the phone, lol.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Thankfully I have a pretty good sized bottle of salts that I can use for now. I would rather stock up on something now just in case the situation gets any more desperate than it already is for ordering nic.
As far as how bad it's going to get...well, you'll be able to get nic, but if the bill gets fully signed, my $76 bottle of 100mg/mL will cost over $3000. That would get signed at the end of the year and go into effect a couple of months later. That puts an end to it.

Once they initiate a tax it won't go away. Their goal here is not about nic and health, it's about how the elites are using fake arguments to get a foothold on an industry they don't yet control. Activists just can't seem to grasp that as they make logic and science arguments as if they were having a rational debate. It's a gigantic waste of time, not that I don't appreciate the sentiment.

So BUY BUY BUY!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That’s good to hear. Sounds like Delosi had changed their old nic source.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As far as how bad it's going to get...well, you'll be able to get nic, but if the bill gets fully signed, my $76 bottle of 100mg/mL will cost over $3000. That would get signed at the end of the year and go into effect a couple of months later. That puts an end to it.

Once they initiate a tax it won't go away. Their goal here is not about nic and health, it's about how the elites are using fake arguments to get a foothold on an industry they don't yet control. Activists just can't seem to grasp that as they make logic and science arguments as if they were having a rational debate. It's a gigantic waste of time, not that I don't appreciate the sentiment.

So BUY BUY BUY!
Sounds like I’ll have to ween down my wife in the future. I’ve already had my Son’s girlfriend quit. My Son is weening down from 16 mg. He’s on 9 mg as of now. I just remove 1 mg every time I make a new bottle of juice. I’ll continue to snus. My wife says snusing is nasty. Lol
She wouldn’t say that if she had a nic withdrawal. Lol
I prefer snusing. I just enjoy the flavor from vaping. I’ll probably stop vaping so my wife can have more nic base.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Sounds like I’ll have to ween down my wife in the future. I’ve already had my Son’s girlfriend quit. My Son is weening down from 16 mg. He’s on 9 mg as of now. I just remove 1 mg every time I make a new bottle of juice. I’ll continue to snus. My wife says snusing is nasty. Lol
She wouldn’t say that if she had a nic withdrawal. Lol
I prefer snusing. I just enjoy the flavor from vaping. I’ll probably stop vaping so my wife can have more nic base.
You'll laugh at this, but....I really don't even know what snus is, lol. I tried chewing tobacco once, but hated it. Nasty with all the spitting. I know it's not that, just mentioning.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You'll laugh at this, but....I really don't even know what snus is, lol. I tried chewing tobacco once, but hated it. Nasty with all the spitting. I know it's not that, just mentioning.
I actually quit smoking switching to Snus. Snus is from Sweden. It’s pasteurized tobacco, salt and flavorings. Very little carcinogens because its not fermented tobacco. You can snus loose or with pouches. I prefer the pouches.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I actually quit smoking switching to Snus. Snus is from Sweden. It’s pasteurized tobacco, salt and flavorings. Very little carcinogens because its not fermented tobacco. You can snus loose or with pouches. I prefer the pouches.
Are there carcinogens in unburned tobacco? Funny you mention this. Because just a moment ago I was contemplating how odd it is that non-vapers can't wrap their head around the fact that vapor isn't smoke. And nicotine doesn't cause cancer, at least there are exactly zero studies showing it does.

Fermented? I know tobacco is cured. And I THINK there is some fermentation in pipe tobacco. Do these processes create carcinogens?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Are there carcinogens in unburned tobacco? Funny you mention this. Because just a moment ago I was contemplating how odd it is that non-vapers can't wrap their head around the fact that vapor isn't smoke. And nicotine doesn't cause cancer, at least there are exactly zero studies showing it does.

Fermented? I know tobacco is cured. And I THINK there is some fermentation in pipe tobacco. Do these processes create carcinogens?
Raw tobacco is not cancerous. Yes, its the process of rotting the leaves.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Raw tobacco leaves tastes bitter and nasty. I’ve tasted from the Prillan snus before I added the water salt and flavoring.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does snus make you spit? I'd try it if there no spitting. Literally no one I know does snus. Must be a southern thing?
The pouch sits in the upper lip. Snus is sold in Sweden as a food product. We can swallow the juice. I’ve been snusing for 13 years without any problems. 🙂

VU Sponsors