Become a Patron!

Anyone ordering wire from Kidney Puncher may want to check out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not assuming it's nickel, but that there's nickel in the wire which SS does have. The small amount of nickel in SS messes me up enough to not ever try nickel or nichrome wire.

Being allergic or sensitive to Nickel is one thing but is not a reliable way to determine metal composition in my opinion and I still say it is an assumption since it is not being tested by Metallurgical Analysis.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Being allergic or sensitive to Nickel is one thing but is not a reliable way to determine metal composition in my opinion and I still say it is an assumption since it is not being tested by Metallurgical Analysis.
I'm only speaking on the allergy aspect of it. It's an easy way to find out if the labeled Kanthal is actually Kanthal. When I buy Kanthal wire I make a simple round wire build and glow it first to make sure it doesn't color. If it doesn't color then I start making my Clapton wire.

Fiestylillady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just wonder how some say they can use wires for months. My builds needs to be change at min. Weekly off I start coughing.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
<shrug> I buy a carrot, I want a carrot. I buy a spud, I want a spud. I'd think "false advertising" and other shit and it should Just Make It Right And Don't Do It Again. wtf, people.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just wonder how some say they can use wires for months. My builds needs to be change at min. Weekly off I start coughing.

You must factor in how many times a coil is fired. I have coils on some tanks for months but use them only occasionally where other get used daily. How often are the coils chain vaped also is a consideration.

Fiestylillady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You must factor in how many times a coil is fired. I have coils on some tanks for months but use them only occasionally where other get used daily. How often are the coils chain vaped also is a consideration.
That's true, I'm totally guilty of chain vaping. I need too get more items to split up my vaping.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Have you heard about dry burning coils to clean them? It's like cleaning an oven - get it hot enough to burn away all the crud (after taking the wick out and rinsing it) then rinse again

Sorry if you knew that already, not trying to patronize, never heard of coughing after just one week and regular cleaning though

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious to see what KP comes up with as for the source of the problem. It's obviously human error but I'd like to know is it the same human making the mistake over and over at KP? If not then it's either a problem somewhere in KP's manufacturing process or their supplier is not labeling the paperwork properly so the person labeling the wire, unbeknownst to them, is labeling the wire wrong based on the paper work from the supplier.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's true, I'm totally guilty of chain vaping. I need too get more items to split up my vaping.

So many factors to consider like Wattage or Temperature and the e-liquids. Some people take 2-3 second hits at high wattage where I go longer at lower power.

Fiestylillady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm curious to see what KP comes up with as for the source of the problem. It's obviously human error but I'd like to know is it the same human making the mistake over and over at KP? If not then it's either a problem somewhere in KP's manufacturing process or their supplier is not labeling the paperwork properly so the person labeling the wire, unbeknownst to them, is labeling the wire wrong based on the paper work from the supplier.
Me too. I went to their site just to see. I find a few things inn sale I wanted but I need to hear a resolution on this. Honestly thks far after the event I don't feel they care really. I was looking for a disclosure on the website. I find nothing.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
somewhere in KP's manufacturing process or t
KP has never been a Manufacturer. They repackage.. I would even doubt they hire a numpty to spin clapton and make SHOTS.

I've ordered from KP a dozen times, maybe, in the last 5 years.. But, yeah - wire? unimpressed. Prices? Mostly unimpressed. SHIPPING? Hell yes, faster than chinee - but on a par with LV and others.

Fiestylillady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So many factors to consider like Wattage or Temperature and the e-liquids. Some people take 2-3 second hits at high wattage where I go longer at lower power.
Im a low wattage vapor. If I use clapton dual I stay under 65. I had to be encouraged to increase wattage. Lol. Rightly so based on my wire atm. But tight now I think I'm stress vapor and was a stress smoker. I really trade more than a 3sec draw. And that is like max. I honestly don't fully understand ohm law and take shirt drags to keep my teeth and fingers.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me too. I went to their site just to see. I find a few things inn sale I wanted but I need to hear a resolution on this. Honestly thks far after the event I don't feel they care really. I was looking for a disclosure on the website. I find nothing.
I've never had a problem with them but I would like to hear what they come up with. I would think with modern technology they should have a good idea of where and how the problem happened.

Curious if they have addressed the issue on social media somewhere. I'm not on FB, twitter or instagram so I wouldn't know if they did.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had a problem with them but I would like to hear what they come up with. I would think with modern technology they should have a good idea of where and how the problem happened.

Curious if they have addressed the issue on social media somewhere. I'm not on FB, twitter or instagram so I wouldn't know if they did.
If they reply specifically to FB or twitter or instagram, and not otherwise - I'm done. Why? I refuse to use that "media".. Sorry, I am just not hipster-enough to care.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the wrong car part from rockauto.com once. It was mislabeled. True story.

They paid return shipping for the part and gave my money back since they didn't have the right part in stock.

But, I won't ever by another part from them unless I see them post a response to how the part got mislabeled and sent to me on their web page. :giggle:

That'll teach 'em.

Fiestylillady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why would they publish a response on their Website to some self proclaimed asshole Drama Queen in New Jersey who posts videos of him losing it over trivial shit? They should sue his ass and demand a retraction.
Valid point. But do you question the previous errors?

Fiestylillady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the wrong car part from rockauto.com once. It was mislabeled. True story.

They paid return shipping for the part and gave my money back since they didn't have the right part in stock.

But, I won't ever by another part from them unless I see them post a response to how the part got mislabeled and sent to me on their web page. :giggle:

That'll teach 'em.
So let's just say for ahole sake rockauto scans their parts before shipping. Then you find out the last 3 orders were incorrect. Yeah, they're going to send the right part but if you checking them.. ere you just hoping I never noticed? But if I'm a mom and shop i would be fucked. intentionally sending wrong part?This world has come to shyt.

Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I just received this email:

A message from Craig Larsen, the owner of Kidney Puncher LLC:

On Saturday, 5/5/18, we received an email from a wholesale customer stating that he had custom labeled spools of our wire that were mislabeled as Kanthal A-1.

On Monday 5/7/18 we performed a magnetic test on every wire spool in our warehouse and in our retail stores. The purpose of this test was to verify the accuracy of our labels in regards to wire "formula". I.e. we wanted to make sure that if a spool was labeled as Kanthal A-1, that it attracted a magnet. If it was labeled as Nichrome 80, that it did not attract a magnet.

Out of the over 40k spools we had on hand, 99.92% of them passed the magnetic test.

The small # that did not pass were discarded as scrap.

We have re-examined our cGMP process for wire product production, which includes labeling. We identified the gap that allowed this rare failure and put measures in place to fix it.

After further email conversation with the wholesale customer in question, it was determined that he had 11 mislabeled spools out of 768 spools in his order history.

In case there are more mislabeled spools out there, we are sending this email to our retail ecommerce site customers to encourage you to magnet test any of our wire spools you may have. We believe the number of mislabeled spools to be very small. If you find one of your spools fails the magnet test, please contact
[EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED AS PER VU RULES] to arrange for a replacement.

Since 2014, we have sold over 375,000 KP wire products, consisting of spools, 3-ft wire cards and pre-made coils.

On 5/7 and 5/8/18, our team reviewed all of our customer service records: email, Zendesk (ticket based support system) and Slack.

Based on our research we have a 99.98% customer satisfaction rate.

Our company remains committed to providing the highest quality wire products for the vaping community.

Sincerely,

Craig Larsen
Owner, Kidney Puncher LLC

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is an email I received from KP today. Long story short, KP found some mislabeled in their stock. Those were trashed. JH had 11 mislabeled spools out of 768. Those will be replaced by KP. KP is revising processes to prevent this in the future. Any KP retail customers that receive mislabeled can call KP and get replacement for free. Full email below:

Edit: Chef beat me to it...

On Saturday, 5/5/18, we received an email from a wholesale customer stating that he had custom labeled spools of our wire that were mislabeled as Kanthal A-1.

On Monday 5/7/18 we performed a magnetic test on every wire spool in our warehouse and in our retail stores. The purpose of this test was to verify the accuracy of our labels in regards to wire "formula". I.e. we wanted to make sure that if a spool was labeled as Kanthal A-1, that it attracted a magnet. If it was labeled as Nichrome 80, that it did not attract a magnet.

Out of the over 40k spools we had on hand, 99.92% of them passed the magnetic test.

We have re-examined our cGMP process for wire product production, which includes labeling. We identified the gap that allowed this rare failure and put measures in place to fix it.

After further email conversation with the wholesale customer in question, it was determined that he had 11 mislabeled spools out of 768 spools in his order history.

In case there are more mislabeled spools out there, we are sending this email to our retail ecommerce site customers to encourage you to magnet test any of our wire spools you may have. We believe the number of mislabeled spools to be very small. If you find one of your spools fails the magnet test, please contact [email protected] to arrange for a replacement.

Since 2014, we have sold over 375,000 KP wire products, consisting of spools, 3-ft wire cards and pre-made coils.

On 5/7 and 5/8/18, our team reviewed all of our customer service records: email, Zendesk (ticket based support system) and Slack.

Our company remains committed to providing the highest quality wire products for the vaping community.

Sincerely,

Craig Larsen

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
mountain meet mole hill. So Jai was an over reacting unprofessional person who is part of the problem in our community. And I don't mean the vaping community, I mean everywhere. This type of behavior is a problem, we teat people like shit either because it is easier or for our purposes.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an email from Kidney Puncher

In case there are more mislabeled spools out there, we are sending this email to our retail ecommerce site customers to encourage you to magnet test any of our wire spools you may have. We believe the number of mislabeled spools to be very small. If you find one of your spools fails the magnet test, please contact [email protected] to arrange for a replacement.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That chubby ass dimwit Jai is not only an embarassment to the community, he's latest little bitchfest had the potential to give a real black eye to vaping, making it seem as if one of vapings larger suppliers were inept if not down right dishonest and putting people's health at risk...giving the anti-vaping community ammunition to step in and regulate us out of existence....we have always policed ourselves and it has worked well for the community,but this wasn't an episode of the community policing itself,this was an episode of a loudmouthed dolt trying to start a lynching...

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just received this email:

In case there are more mislabeled spools out there, we are sending this email to our retail ecommerce site customers to encourage you to magnet test any of our wire spools you may have. We believe the number of mislabeled spools to be very small. If you find one of your spools fails the magnet test, please contact
[EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED AS PER VU RULES] to arrange for a replacement.

Sincerely,

Craig Larsen

11. Fucking 11 spools. Okay, over it - KP rocks. Not gonna get all riled up at a drama queen's antics this close to bedtime.

Lol, there were fewer mislabled spools than minutes in that EXPOSING video

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To be honest, 11 spools out of 768 is just 69% accuracy which is 30% lower than the tests conducted in KP's warehouse which to me is unacceptable if I were the one buying the spools. That's horrible accuracy. Not sticking up for Dr.Phil and Mr.Clean's love child. Just feel it's only fair to point that out.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest, 11 spools out of 768 is just 69% accuracy which is 30% lower than the tests conducted in KP's warehouse which to me is unacceptable if I were the one buying the spools. That's horrible accuracy. Not sticking up for Dr.Phil and Mr.Clean's love child. Just feel it's only fair to point that out.
They investigated it, found the problem and most importantly they admitted to the problem and that speaks volumes. Unlike other suppliers like the shit wire company KBee or any other Chinese shit wire peddler.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Besides your math is way off, 11% of 768 is 84, a bit more than 11. ;)

11 out of 768 is, 015%so less than 2% isn't that bad ya know

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Besides your math is way off, 11% of 768 is 84, a bit more than 11. ;)

11 out of 768 is, 015%so less than 2% isn't that bad ya know

Ha ha, thanks for pointing that out. Not sure WTF I was thinking. :teehee:

Less than 2% is definitely not worthy of a sensationalized rant video. Then again, why would a drama queen pass on an opportunity to go off the deep end to try and bring more subscribers to tune into his drama?

Regardless I stand by what I initially said when this first happened. I've never had a problem with KP and will continue to purchase my Kanthal A1 from them.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I'm thinking there is a math error there...

Yeah, their error rate is actually 1.4% or 98.6% accuracy, for Jai - I got an order that was 50% wrong once (different store) but didn't make a video about it

Screenshot_20180518-224320.png

Oops, many smarties here, I think I'll just go to bed haha :oops:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking there is a math error there...

Yeah, their error rate is actually 1.4% or 98.6% accuracy, for Jai - I got an order that was 50% wrong once (different store) but didn't make a video about it

View attachment 111462

Oops, many smarties here, I think I'll just go to bed haha :oops:
Ha ha, thanks for pointing that out. Not sure WTF I was thinking. :teehee:

Less than 2% is definitely not worthy of a sensationalized rant video. Then again, why would a drama queen pass on an opportunity to go off the deep end to try and bring more subscribers to tune into his drama?

Regardless I stand by what I initially said when this first happened. I've never had a problem with KP and will continue to purchase my Kanthal A1 from them.
Like I stated before, they tested, admitted to a problem, took steps to correct it and most importantly admitted it. Unlike shit wire companies like KBee or any other Chinese shit wire that will just either ignore you or tell you to fuck off if they even bother to respond.

Hell when Kidney Puncher was informed of an issue they tested all their wire, that speaks volumes about their commitment ya know.

No I don't work for them I just like to give credit when credit is due.

VU Sponsors