Become a Patron!

Anyone try using regular liquid food sweetner in juice?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Something like this

like adding 1-2 drops to sweeten up flavors. would it work?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
yeah guess it gets blocked here? lol
liquid-sucralose1.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it contains ANY dextrose, maltose, or any -ose other than sucralose, it's a very bad idea; it will turn your coils to stinking back messes. Pure sucralose, or pure stevia, ONLY, nothing else. Ethyl maltose is sometimes described as a sweetener, but it's not terribly sweet; it's more of a "mouth feel" additive.

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If it contains ANY dextrose, maltose, or any -ose other than sucralose, it's a very bad idea; it will turn your coils to stinking back messes. Pure sucralose, or pure stevia, ONLY, nothing else. Ethyl maltose is sometimes described as a sweetener, but it's not terribly sweet; it's more of a "mouth feel" additive.

Andria
51ioEthgXgL._SL1500_.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, I wouldn't use that; it's loaded with preservatives, water, and citric acid -- the later can irritate the airways. Water will cause "popping". God only knows what inhaling those preservatives would do to the lungs.

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah, I wouldn't use that; it's loaded with preservatives, water, and citric acid -- the later can irritate the airways. Water will cause "popping". God only knows what inhaling those preservatives would do to the lungs.

Andria
sounds good. Thanks.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would buy some powdered Splenda (sucrolose). Look at post 6. Read the quote. I was deleted before by accident but I had a few posts in that thread.
Its cheap and easy and I make up a bottle for the hubs since he is watching his weight.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/any-suggestion-on-sweetener-in-your-juice.108676/#post-582060

I use a few drops in my bro and SIL eliquid. I have tried it as well. It tastes fine but I would suggest to use one drop to 10ml as a starting point.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even powdered Splenda contains dextrose; it's made for food, not vaping. Best bet is to buy sweetener ESPECIALLY MADE FOR VAPING -- such as TFA Sweetener -- it contains NOTHING but sucralose, and the PG that carries it.

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even powdered Splenda contains dextrose; it's made for food, not vaping. Best bet is to buy sweetener ESPECIALLY MADE FOR VAPING -- such as TFA Sweetener -- it contains NOTHING but sucralose, and the PG that carries it.

Andria
I should have stated I buy pure sucrolose powder. :) Not the store shit.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I should have stated I buy pure sucrolose powder. :) Not the store shit.

Right, that's probably ok -- but "Splenda" is a brand name, and contains dextrose. The dilution should be done with PG, not water, or you'll get that annoying popping.

It's just a lot easier to buy TFA Sweetener.

Andria

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
so basically no, just buy "vaping" sweetener. Thanks for the info guys and gals!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
so basically no, just buy "vaping" sweetener. Thanks for the info guys and gals!

Yeah... and I've found that the TFA Sweetener is really the best; I've tried other brands, thinking, well it's all sucralose... but other brands have that awful artificial-sweetener whang, whereas the TFA doesn't, it's just sweet. Dunno what they do differently, but it's definitely better than others.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
so basically no, just buy "vaping" sweetener

Or this:
81T2u9cuoIL._SY679_.jpg

The Glycerite is just VG and you should probably dilute it by at least 50% with PG or VG.
Quite sweet so it's easier to measure the amounts if diluted.
Even with the dilution I still only use 1-3 drops in 15ml.
And prefer using 50% PG for diluting cause it's pretty thick otherwise.
By making the drops somewhat smaller it's easier for me to control.
Just mixed it up in a plastic 30ml drip tip bottle and it lasts a really long time.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors