Become a Patron!

AR Mod clone from AngelCigs

GhrayFahx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got my AR clone from AngelCigs today. So far, I'm LOVING this device. It cost about $12 more than the one on FT, but it has a few differences.

The Good:
-Plenty of vent holes! (kind of obvious)
-Unique look
-Feels very sturdy
-Magnetic switch!
-(For me at least) 16650 size only. I don't care for telescoping mods for various reasons

The bad:
-The button is NOT the octagonal switch like on the original or the FT clone
-Positive pin is NOT floating (Although I've heard of people popping it out so it can become floating)
-Your batteries show very prominently through the body, so the look can be thrown off as seen with my Sony VTC4
-$12 cheaper on FT

I also picked up a black Tobh and muffler tip from FT to complete the all black look. It's looking amazing. Haven't had the chance to take it out to see reactions yet. It's definitely hitting hard. I can't test voltage drop, but a fresh battery is definitely hitting much harder than my Magneto. I definitely recommend this mod if you like the look of it. To me, the button being round instead of octagonal is a minor sticking point that I'm able to overlook. My Tobh has an adjustable positive pin, so the non-floating pin on the mod was another non-issue. I'm looking forward to making this my all-day mod.

IMG_1333.jpg

GhrayFahx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK. I've had some time with it as well as at least getting to hold a real (Stainless Steel) AR Mod. The clone is noticeably lighter. My button isn't completely round like I thought, but has a bit of a hexagonal shape. The crosshairs pattern on the top cap is VERY shallow compared to the real AR. The clone appears to have an enamel type paint to it. I can't compare it to the legit because that one was stainless steel.

All in all, yes, the clone is OBVIOUSLY not the real thing. That said, it's still my best mod and I'm loving every hit off of it.

GhrayFahx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, sorry if it was confusing. I meant it was $12 more than the one on FastTech at the time of writing. It's actually $.23 CHEAPER than FT now.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a legit AR i'm trying to sell - PM Me if interested :)

I have heard mixed reviews about the one you got.. at least they seemed to have fixed the bent threading on it since I heard multiple people complaining about it

I have a legit AR i'm trying to sell - PM Me if interested :)

I have heard mixed reviews about the one you got.. at least they seemed to have fixed the bent threading on it since I heard multiple people complaining about it
PM me if you still have the AR. We are interested.

VU Sponsors