Become a Patron!

Are all floavour chaser not generate much smoke?

Hi, I myself can be considered flavour chaser, because I dont like too much smoke.
My build is I use dual coil RDA, Nichrome 28G twisted, +-17.5W, +-1Ohm, and for the airflow I use about +-25% open only.
With this setting, I ussually take about 4sec for each puff.
But all my friend who vape too always ask me, why my smoke so little and they said they can't taste the juice if the smoke so little like that.
What about you guys flavour chaser?

*Note for comparison : A lot of my friend, ussually use dual coil RDA with 0.2-0.5 Ohm and use 30-50 Watt power.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am also a flavor chaser and I don't really give a fig about clouds of vapor.

But it seems to me that some folks think that big clouds = big flavor.

I am not one of them

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi, I myself can be considered flavour chaser, because I dont like too much smoke.
My build is I use dual coil RDA, Nichrome 28G twisted, +-17.5W, +-1Ohm, and for the airflow I use about +-25% open only.
But all my friend who vape too always ask me, why my smoke so little and they said they can't taste the juice if the smoke so little like that.

*Note for comparison : A lot of my friend, ussually use dual coil RDA with 0.2-0.5 Ohm and use 30-50 Watt power.
reason is simple there is no smoke at all ever with ecigs

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the past RDAs were clearly divided into two groups:
Flavor RDAs with small airflow and chamber, intended for low wattage.
Vapor RDAs with big airflow and chamber, intended for high wattage.

This is no longer the case with modern RDAs and Claptons.
While some RDAs lean somewhat more to flavor or vapor it is possible to get lots of flavor, lots of vapor or both with the same RDA, depending on how you set it.

I am also a flavor chaser and I don't really give a fig about clouds of vapor.

But it seems to me that some folks think that big clouds = big flavor.

I am not one of them

yeah true,
And sometimes that annoy me is, some people in my vape community place said that I need to open bigger airflow get more flavor.
I really don't get it how they can think like that. :gaah::cuss2::tantrum:
What I know is, more airflow = cooler cloud + less flavor. Less airflow = hotter cloud + more flavor.

reason is simple there is no smoke at all ever with ecigs
By smoke I mean cloud/vapor,

In the past RDAs were clearly divided into two groups:
Flavor RDAs with small airflow and chamber, intended for low wattage.
Vapor RDAs with big airflow and chamber, intended for high wattage.

This is no longer the case with modern RDAs and Claptons.
While some RDAs lean somewhat more to flavor or vapor it is possible to get lots of flavor, lots of vapor or both with the same RDA, depending on how you set it.

Yeah, i know for now it's all depend on our setting and our preference.
But personally I myself can't taste the juice if there's so much vapor in one inhale.
So for u yourself as flavor chaser, how much your vapor? little/moderate/big?

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I try to avoid generating smoke at all times with my Vape gear. That said I get about the same amount or more vapor as I did smoke from a cigarette.
It's not the to get flavor you give up clouds or for clouds you have to sacrafice flavor... It's that a flavor chaser may not use the cloud to rate a vapes performance. The cloud chasers primary measure is the cloud... Thats not to say the cloud chaser wants a flavorless vape either.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

vaping huge coils with sofa pillows of cotton that sponge up juice, allows to suck more flavorings into your mouth, however the large air flow needed to handle those kinds of coils helps water down the flavor....there are some good flavor tanks, but for serious flavor chasing I turn to stainless steel mesh wicks or ceramic wicks. in reduced chambered atties. and airflows can still be a restricted lung draw and give excellent flavor..to me cotton just mutes flavors,

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am also a flavor chaser. I don't need clouds at all. I'm all about the flavor. For the past six months I have been really getting into single coil tanks. I find the flavor very satisfying and intense as opposed to most dual coil setups. I also find it to be a more efficient way to vape. Funny thing is, with some of the new single coil tanks you'd be surprised at the cloud production.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am also a flavor chaser. I don't need clouds at all. I'm all about the flavor. For the past six months I have been really getting into single coil tanks. I find the flavor very satisfying and intense as opposed to most dual coil setups. I also find it to be a more efficient way to vape. Funny thing is, with some of the new single coil tanks you'd be surprised at the cloud production.
Yeah I'd rather vape higher nic levels with a single coil..dual coils you need to lower your nic levels...you wind up burning through juice..I can even vape a genny with a 3.5mm ss mesh wick and go through juice at an alarming rate.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a bit of a mix myself, sometimes enjoying a higher powered vape, with more cloud, and other times a more stealthy, lower powered vape, that doesn't produce big clouds.

I enjoy both ways myself, and when I am going for flavour I tend to use something like a derringer with a single coil. This doesn't produce much vapour at all, but tastes very good.
Then again, fused claptons run at 80W also provide very nice flavour, but a lot of vapour too.

I would just use whatever works for you, and not worry what other people are doing or saying. As long as it keeps you off the cigarettes and/or you enjoy the vape, there is nothing wrong :).

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
stuffing throw pillows into an atty with massive coils..and then hooking it up to a tractor battery...will allow you to vape alot more liquid period, and by doing so you logically are pulling more flavorings into your mouth than if your vaping at .9 ohms...and so more flavor...however it does not mean you have a more flavorfull vape, as it is a style of vaping that does not allow for the nuances and the entire profile of the flavor......if you're vaping a single flavor that is a not very complex and is simple then...yeah blow demm nar nar clouds bra.....but if you enjoy complex layered flavors that style of vaping is not the optimal alternative.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
stuffing throw pillows into an atty with massive coils..and then hooking it up to a tractor battery...will allow you to vape alot more liquid period, and by doing so you logically are pulling more flavorings into your mouth than if your vaping at .9 ohms...and so more flavor...however it does not mean you have a more flavorfull vape, as it is a style of vaping that does not allow for the nuances and the entire profile of the flavor......if you're vaping a single flavor that is a not very complex and is simple then...yeah blow demm nar nar clouds bra.....but if you enjoy complex layered flavors that style of vaping is not the optimal alternative.

I completely agree with this. I do enjoy using very different vaping styles myself, from very low powered, flavour orientated builds to pillows in massive coils lol.

It is very hard to find the perfect balance though, I guess that is why it is called 'chasing'- a high powered build does provide a lot of flavour, some that might not be noticeable at lower wattages, but also at the opposite end there is flavours that come through with a much smaller coil and less power.

I haven't found a happy medium yet after a few years, which is why I go both ways.

VU Sponsors