Become a Patron!

are my setup safe ?

Tahmores

Member For 1 Year
hey guys,:rolleyes:
new vaper here :oops:
I have some questions :)
I currently use Smok Mag kit with one pair of MXJO 18650 3000mAh 35A batteries.
my tank is Zeus RTA (single coil) and my ohms right now shows "0.785" (never been under 0.400)
1-am I safe with this setup?
2-what is the best way to charge my mod? I mostly use my Phone Charger or PC USB
3-My battery has 3.7 volts min and 4.2 volts max, but when I vape at 35 watts it displays over 5 volts, is it safe?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU and to vaping. Safe is relative but to answer your question, you are well within the limits recommended for both the batteries/build and the mod.

Best way to charge those batteries is in a smart charger, not in the mod. Something from Golisi or Xtar or Nitecore, etc... You want to ensure overcharge protection and so on.

Also the Smok Mag is a series mod, your voltage gets doubled. You should be fine at 5v if it feels good and works for you.

With you being new and venturing into rebuildable devices, learn the basics (ohms law/watts law, build safety and battery safety). It will save you bothe headaches and frustrations later.

Tahmores

Member For 1 Year
@jwill tnx for your answers <3
Welcome to VU and to vaping. Safe is relative but to answer your question, you are well within the limits recommended for both the batteries/build and the mod.
glad to hear it.
Best way to charge those batteries is in a smart charger, not in the mod. Something from Golisi or Xtar or Nitecore, etc... You want to ensure overcharge protection and so on.
I see some Nitecore chargers on the store , I will grab one of them next time. right now its take 5 hours to get full charge.
Also the Smok Mag is a series mod, your voltage gets doubled. You should be fine at 5v if it feels good and works for you.
I find this
so I assume its safe even if my vape reach 8 volts, right?
With you being new and venturing into rebuildable devices, learn the basics (ohms law/watts law, build safety and battery safety). It will save you bothe headaches and frustrations later.
yup, working on that :p

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
you can get a good charger for $10. but it will still take a long time to charge, .5 amp. if you get a better one that charges at 1amp or more, that will cut down on charging times. but, the faster you charge, the less life you will get out of those batteries. how much less, who knows, they say just a little, 10% perhaps.

you do have extra batteries, don't you ?

VU Sponsors