Become a Patron!

Are there any vapers who weren't or aren't smokers?

uniman4

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's why I am! I am weird, or just stupid?

I USE to smoke, but I quit long before I started vaping. I just got into vaping as king of a hobby, plus I do like smoking the liquids and the taste of them. I just enjoy searching and buying different mods, different tanks, trying new things, trying different liquids, etc. etc. etc.

I always just buy the 0MG nicotine liquids.

Is there anyone else out there like me? Am i completely stupid? My wife is very pissed at me.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's ONE here
That never smoke stinkies before!

Take ur meds NARCIS

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I am! I am weird, or just stupid?

I USE to smoke, but I quit long before I started vaping. I just got into vaping as king of a hobby, plus I do like smoking the liquids and the taste of them. I just enjoy searching and buying different mods, different tanks, trying new things, trying different liquids, etc. etc. etc.

I always just buy the 0MG nicotine liquids.

Is there anyone else out there like me? Am i completely stupid? My wife is very pissed at me.

Your Wife sees it as a total waste of money, and I can't say as I blame her. Whats the point, 0 nic, didn't start to vape to replace smoking?

99% of the authentic vape equipment I've bought over the last few years is completely worthless, and I've spent a few thousand or more. Get into a flashlight hobby instead. At least you will be doing something she can use, and they work well as xmas gifts. Sounds like you enjoy tinkering with nicely machined things. BTW, you don't "smoke" liquids, you vaporize them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I run into more and more people here that vape 0 nic that used to smoke. Some quit smoking before thinking about vaping. I've only run into a few people that were never smokers, and they did have a ton of questions about why it made them feel bad. For you, being a former smoker, I kinda understand that more.

I'd much rather vape than go back to smoking, not saying that was where you were headed.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
One thing to keep in mind is that while vaping is a lot better than smoking, still not as good for you as clean fresh air.:blah:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run into more and more people here that vape 0 nic that used to smoke. Some quit smoking before thinking about vaping. I've only run into a few people that were never smokers, and they did have a ton of questions about why it made them feel bad. For you, being a former smoker, I kinda understand that more.

I'd much rather vape than go back to smoking, not saying that was where you were headed.

I have not had a cigarette (PAD 40 years) or smoked any other tobacco for almost 2 years now. Been vaping for, almost, 40 years... Juices for the last 2 1/2 year to replace cigarettes. Tried cigalike in the past 5-10years ago, didn't work.

"If it looks like a duck... it's a duck."

I still consider myself a smoker. I still have the habit going strong. I just no longer smoke or want to smoke. Besides that cloud looks to anybody on the planet like I am smoking. It also tastes better. Also, I still use tobacco. All my juice has tobacco flavoring in it.

I went NET and diy coils almost from day one because I had to have tobacco. I have gone from using 20mg/ml juice to mostly less than 6mg/ml... But that is more due to the wattage progression than anything else. Like smoking cessation. As it it I'm a bit of a chain vaper, remove the nic, might as well lock the fire button ON. Because I'll be doing circular breathing on the rig. And probably smoking a cigar instead of extracting it.

I can see going to vape instead of returning to smoking, for an EX smoker. My goal is to get to 0 nic.... Haven't decided yet if I'm really trying to quit smoking or not. Could be, in a sense, I have just changed brands or methods.

I was never a smoker. I've smoked maybe 5 cigarettes my whole life, hookah maybe 20 times when my friends go out bars/clubs. Cigarettes were just too nasty for me and I would usually drink before doing hookah.

I had a friend who started vaping 3-4 years ago and wasn't really into it because it was still unknown how unhealthy it could be. I started reading about it just to inform myself about it and got more and more interested in trying it. I read about the health benefits of nicotine (yes there are benefits) such as improved mood, concentration, motivation, memory. It started making sense for me to try as I'm not a morning person at all and I would go into work with a really shitty attitude and am prone to go through mini-depressive episodes. Since I've started vaping I walk into work in 100% way better mood and I feel like I'm more productive throughout the day. I would have days that by noon time I had no desire to get anything done at work and would just browse the internet. It's also helpful because when I walk in people are already an hour or two into their work day and expect you to be firing on all cylinders already. I also enjoy walking around much more than I used to; I live in nyc, everyone is pretty much going from point A to point B as fast as possible. Now i don't mind hanging around exploring places while vaping. So it's not just an unhealthy habit with no beneficial properties.

MistyLungs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I smoked, but not a pack a day smoker. It was cigarillos here and there. I got into vaping because i just wanted to try it, my first vapourizer was a kangertech subvod. I liked the taste and the buzz i got from it but the thing wasn't satisfying. I recently got myself an Eleaf pico and a sapor RDA with some juice supplies to make my own.

I like the nicotine buzz and how it calms me, i like watching the vapor as i puff away, i like to build my own coils and to make my own juice. Vaping has turned into a hobby for me, if it wasn't a hobby i probably would have stuck with a vape pen but i like to tinker with my setup. Since i have "done it all", meaning i have made some juice and built some coils in the future i want to make my own custom mod.

I havn't done it all, but i have done something in each category so far aside from building my own mod. I still have lots of coil builds and juice types to make so far which will keep me buisy.

But to answer your question, yes i was essentially a non smoker (having a cigarillo every 3 months) and now i vape for both the nicotine and a hobby.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
One thing to keep in mind is that while vaping is a lot better than smoking, still not as good for you as clean fresh air.:blah:
Technical ? is!!! Where do I get some of this "Clean Fresh Air" ??? I gotta pick, cause anything you breathe including air is bad in some way ;)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
when i read the title of the thread my mind went " is there any lawyer that was or wasn't a stripper"

VU Sponsors