Become a Patron!

Are you also obsessed with collecting regulated (and semi) tubes?

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am obsessed with collecting regulated tubes - Dicodes Danies, Provaris, etc, the more uncommon the better! Some will say a semi-regulated tube or device is not regulated, but I say those people are fools! Fools I say! A regulated device does not denote to what extent the regulation extends, am I right? Yes, common belief is regulated means a DNA, Yihi, Startplat, or some other full-featured board. But does a mosfet typically not also have features such as reverse polarity protection, voltage cutoff, and others?

But this is not a thread to quibble about such trivial matters, no. You certainly may, if you wish, however, this is a thread to show you love and or obsession with such devices. Here is my current collection of these wonderful and often amazing works of art. Yes, you may notice a ZNA Lite and say, "That's no tube!", and you would technically be correct. However, it does have a tube, and this is my thread, so...20210514_123347.jpg

From left:
  • HoH 813 on rosegold 18490
  • Dicodes 2380T w/ Svoemesto Kayfun lite 2019 plus
  • Dicodes Dani Extreme v3 22mm w/ Svoemesto Kayfun lite and SoV glass kit (threaded)
  • Dicodes Dani 25 w/ Svoemesto Kayfun 52 SE
  • Dicodes Tiny w/ Svoemesto Kayfun mini v3 and Steamtuners clear view mini, prime nut, T8 plexi
  • Provari 3 w/ DDP RTA (media blasted)
  • Mark Bugs WAE w/ Mark Bugs Gem II
  • Mark Bugs WAE II w/ Mark Bugs Gem Lite Mini
  • Oxygene Oxylon Ti w/ Mark Bugs Gem Ti SE (using another Gem Lite Mini chimney) and Steamtuners KF5 toptip
  • Svoemesto v3 gamma w/ Svoemesto Kayfun v4 via hybrid adapter and SteamTuners nano chimney, mid-plexi tank, K41
  • Taifun Skarabäus Pro Max Blasted 21700 w / Taifun GTIV Storm Edition
  • Taifun Skarabäus Pro 18650 w / Atmistique Eviva and Jojo tank kit
  • Golden Greek Proteus w/ Golden Greek Penelope v3
  • Ameripoint Colibri v6 w/ Eden Rose v3 (2ml) and Steamtuners KF5 toptip
  • HoH ZNA Lite w/ Russian 91% and SoV glass kit and top cap
  • Ameripoint Colibri Stone 18350 Red Velvet w/ 528 Monster v2 and Steam Tuners Tiny Deck/Tank SS
  • Not pictured: Yihi SxMini SL Class Green Stabwood - yea, I'd say it's a tube too

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am obsessed with collecting regulated tubes - Dicodes Danies, Provaris, etc, the more uncommon the better! Some will say a semi-regulated tube or device is not regulated, but I say those people are fools! Fools I say! A regulated device does not denote to what extent the regulation extends, am I right? Yes, common belief is regulated means a DNA, Yihi, Startplat, or some other full-featured board. But does a mosfet typically not also have features such as reverse polarity protection, voltage cutoff, and others?

But this is not a thread to quibble about such trivial matters, no. You certainly may, if you wish, however, this is a thread to show you love and or obsession with such devices. Here is my current collection of these wonderful and often amazing works of art. Yes, you may notice a ZNA Lite and say, "That's no tube!", and you would technically be correct. However, it does have a tube, and this is my thread, so...View attachment 181835

From left:
  • HoH 813 on rosegold 18490
  • Dicodes 2380T w/ Svoemesto Kayfun lite 2019 plus
  • Dicodes Dani Extreme v3 22mm w/ Svoemesto Kayfun lite and SoV glass kit (threaded)
  • Dicodes Dani 25 w/ Svoemesto Kayfun 52 SE
  • Dicodes Tiny w/ Svoemesto Kayfun mini v3 and Steamtuners clear view mini, prime nut, T8 plexi
  • Provari 3 w/ DDP RTA (media blasted)
  • Mark Bugs WAE w/ Mark Bugs Gem II
  • Mark Bugs WAE II w/ Mark Bugs Gem Lite Mini
  • Oxygene Oxylon Ti w/ Mark Bugs Gem Ti SE (using another Gem Lite Mini chimney) and Steamtuners KF5 toptip
  • Svoemesto v3 gamma w/ Svoemesto Kayfun v4 via hybrid adapter and SteamTuners nano chimney, mid-plexi tank, K41
  • Taifun Skarabäus Pro Max Blasted 21700 w / Taifun GTIV Storm Edition
  • Taifun Skarabäus Pro 18650 w / Atmistique Eviva and Jojo tank kit
  • Golden Greek Proteus w/ Golden Greek Penelope v3
  • Ameripoint Colibri v6 w/ Eden Rose v3 (2ml) and Steamtuners KF5 toptip
  • HoH ZNA Lite w/ Russian 91% and SoV glass kit and top cap
  • Ameripoint Colibri Stone 18350 Red Velvet w/ 528 Monster v2 and Steam Tuners Tiny Deck/Tank SS
  • Not pictured: Yihi SxMini SL Class Green Stabwood - yea, I'd say it's a tube too

Gorgeous collection. My little collection of tubes would look like a bent-over old woman next to yours!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And not a single Nunchaku... lol just kidding around. I have some tubes but I didn't spend a lot of money for them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And not a single Nunchaku... lol just kidding around. I have some tubes but I didn't spend a lot of money for them.

I wouldn't have cared anything about having the tank, but I wish I had bought a Nunchaku battery base.

I have two of the iJust S batteries and I love using them. Also have a Joyetech something-or-other but that one is 22mm. Recently got the HCigar 101 but I'm still not sure it's going to hold up for the long run. A couple of times I've felt it get hot in very specific places, like it was arcing on the inside. I put a Krma Gen clone on it and it's doing ok with that so far. I might have had a loose wire in the RDA I had on it before or something. I'm not going to run it at high watts, though. 25-30 watts will be about it.

Regulated tubes aren't the easiest things to find. I wouldn't mind having more of them, though. (Come to think of it, the only one I have that's fully regulated is the HC 101. The others are semi-mechanical.)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I
I wouldn't have cared anything about having the tank, but I wish I had bought a Nunchaku battery base.

I have two of the iJust S batteries and I love using them. Also have a Joyetech something-or-other but that one is 22mm. Recently got the HCigar 101 but I'm still not sure it's going to hold up for the long run. A couple of times I've felt it get hot in very specific places, like it was arcing on the inside. I put a Krma Gen clone on it and it's doing ok with that so far. I might have had a loose wire in the RDA I had on it before or something. I'm not going to run it at high watts, though. 25-30 watts will be about it.

Regulated tubes aren't the easiest things to find. I wouldn't mind having more of them, though. (Come to think of it, the only one I have that's fully regulated is the HC 101. The others are semi-mechanical.)
I got two of them back in the days of low wattage mods. One was a Joyetech Evic Supreme and the other a Kangertech gravity mod (K-Simar)
joye-e-vic-supreme-24.jpg

The old Kangertech one is built solid. It was a beast in its time lol.
authentic-kanger-k-simar-20w-gravity-vw-variable-wattage-mod-silver-720w-1-x-18650.jpg

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I

I got two of them back in the days of low wattage mods. One was a Joyetech Evic Supreme and the other a Kangertech gravity mod (K-Simar)
joye-e-vic-supreme-24.jpg

The old Kangertech one is built solid. It was a beast in its time lol.
authentic-kanger-k-simar-20w-gravity-vw-variable-wattage-mod-silver-720w-1-x-18650.jpg
The evic was cool, first one I remember other modders making parts for. I don't remember this beast but had I seen it back in the day I would have wanted it!

VU Sponsors