Become a Patron!

Aromamizer supreme V3....HATE IT, or i'm doing something very wrong?

ok, new to using a mod with 510 & hand made coils, i have Drag S and love it, thought i'd get the VooPoo Drag 3, Aromamizer supreme v3 advanced, buncha coiloligy spools and cotton and of course the new coilmaster kit so can DIY everything.

i made single coil build with coiloligy framed staple and multi core fused clapton (.24ohm) and same for the postless deck with 2 coils (.15ohm total) but i don't get the amazing flavor that everyone talks about. i don't care about big clouds, my lil Drag S give more than enough.

problem is the flavor using the aromamizer is weak to non-existent. wtf am i doing wrong? i watched dozens of coil builds and do just like they all say

Help!? imma bout to trash it all and just stick with the Drag 3 and PNP tanks

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Coil placement is a big factor for rebuildables. And wicking matters.

I don't have Aromamizer V3 but many here do and would be better suited than me to advise further.

Clear close up pics of coil height/placement and wicking would be very helpful.

Coil placement is a big factor for rebuildables. And wicking matters.

I don't have Aromamizer V3 but many here do and would be better suited than me to advise further.

Clear close up pics of coil height/placement and wicking would be very helpful.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own that tank, but I am an experienced builder. At first glance I'd trim your legs slightly to lower the coils. With your current coil height you're not getting much, if any, straight on af to that coil. With the honeycomb af I'd want the bottom row under the coil and the rest straight on the side

How the airflow hits your coils is going to be huge for determining the flavor you get.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Same here, don't own it but would try lowering the coils.
Wicking looks great.

Last edited:
I don't own that tank, but I am an experienced builder. At first glance I'd trim your legs slightly to lower the coils. With your current coil height you're not getting much, if any, straight on af to that coil. With the honeycomb af I'd want the bottom row under the coil and the rest straight on the side

How the airflow hits your coils is going to be huge for determining the flavor you get.
OK cool, i can trim the legs a bit

Same here, don't own it but would try lowering the coils so the bottom af is more of a direct hit.
Wicking looks great.

I like this reviewer and here's something you may not have tried. Note how close coils are to deck and 3.5 id gets more shots from bottom af.
ok i'll check out the vid, and thanks for letting me know the wicking is good... being new, i really didn't know.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK cool, i can trim the legs a bit
It's hard to tell in your pics without an overhead shot, but the other thing I'd do, and maybe you have, is after lowering the coils slightly you want to pull them out close to the edge of your deck so that they're as close to af as possible without touching your chimney/tank.

Let us know if this helped

It's hard to tell in your pics without an overhead shot, but the other thing I'd do, and maybe you have, is after lowering the coils slightly you want to pull them out close to the edge of your deck so that they're as close to af as possible without touching your chimney/tank.

Let us know if this helped
i'll try that as well and let you know!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Im on the wrong atty. :( disregard evething I've said, including the vid

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This isn't the easiest tank in the world to build right. I'm using the single-coil deck and just had to rewick mine for the third time. Fingers crossed I have it right this time. It does seem to be wicking properly.

This isn't the easiest tank in the world to build right. I'm using the single-coil deck and just had to rewick mine for the third time. Fingers crossed I have it right this time. It does seem to be wicking properly.
good luck! why did you have to keep rewicking? seems easy enough to build, i just had to place the coils closer to the air flow holes. ill try again with the single coil deck also🤷‍♂️

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
good luck! why did you have to keep rewicking? seems easy enough to build, i just had to place the coils closer to the air flow holes. ill try again with the single coil deck also🤷‍♂️

I built the deck and vaped on the tank for at least two weeks, and then all of a sudden I was getting terrible dry hits. I watched a video or two and then decided I had too much cotton in the coil, so I rewicked it with less cotton and cut it a bit shorter than I had it before. After I started vaping it again, it still tasted a little bit burnt, and the longer I vaped it, the more burnt it would taste. I was keeping an eye out for bubbles after I'd take a draw and was NOT seeing any. Basically with that wicking it just tasted like crap. This morning I put the wicking back like I had it to begin with after I dry-burned the coil really well, just made sure the tails of the cotton didn't extend beyond the wicking holes where the cotton touches the deck. So far, so good.

I've also played with the juice control - more juice, less juice, and the airflow, and the wattage. Right now my coil is at 0.28 ohms (SS round, parallel, 3mm), watts at 42, airflow at full two-row position, and juice flow about 3/4 open. Like I said, fingers crossed.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have a supreme v2 and the 41mm titan. They are picky bastards to get just rite. But damn good when you do.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I still mess em up and have to re wick sometimes too.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I built the deck and vaped on the tank for at least two weeks, and then all of a sudden I was getting terrible dry hits. I watched a video or two and then decided I had too much cotton in the coil, so I rewicked it with less cotton and cut it a bit shorter than I had it before. After I started vaping it again, it still tasted a little bit burnt, and the longer I vaped it, the more burnt it would taste. I was keeping an eye out for bubbles after I'd take a draw and was NOT seeing any. Basically with that wicking it just tasted like crap. This morning I put the wicking back like I had it to begin with after I dry-burned the coil really well, just made sure the tails of the cotton didn't extend beyond the wicking holes where the cotton touches the deck. So far, so good.

I've also played with the juice control - more juice, less juice, and the airflow, and the wattage. Right now my coil is at 0.28 ohms (SS round, parallel, 3mm), watts at 42, airflow at full two-row position, and juice flow about 3/4 open. Like I said, fingers crossed.
Is your coil spaced?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a postless deck rta that gave me issues exactly as you described. You'd be surprised the difference a spaced coil can make with wicking. I space in rta's, pack the coil tight and thin the tails. The juice that saturates in the spaces of the coil helps a great deal with flavor and wicking, also gives you that pop

so.....i finally got my dual coil postless desk spot on & tasting great, now my questions are these, i have .14 Ohm total and it seems to take a long time to "fire up"... maybe half second or more, then i get the vapor? is this normal?

second thing, i hear a lot of "snap crackle & pop"... i don't really like to hear that although i know some noise is inevitable. is this normal? is there any way to make it quieter? i know, a nit-picky thing to talk about, but it is what it is LOL.

thanks y'all!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so.....i finally got my dual coil postless desk spot on & tasting great, now my questions are these, i have .14 Ohm total and it seems to take a long time to "fire up"... maybe half second or more, then i get the vapor? is this normal?

second thing, i hear a lot of "snap crackle & pop"... i don't really like to hear that although i know some noise is inevitable. is this normal? is there any way to make it quieter? i know, a nit-picky thing to talk about, but it is what it is LOL.

thanks y'all!
Lower resistance coils need more power, what wattage are you vaping it at? I'd recommend increasing your wattage slowly, maybe 5 watts at a time, until you get a better ramp up time.

The popping actually means those dual coils are wicking away beautifully. You get used to it, I know i didn't do something right if my build is popping. The only way to get rid of that would be to have more cotton in your build to choke off the wicking a bit, but as I said, it means you're doing a great job on the build. Adding more power as mentioned above to help with your ramp up time could lessen the popping a bit

Last edited:
Lower resistance coils need more power, what wattage are you vaping it at? I'd recommend increasing your wattage slowly, maybe 5 watts at a time, until you get a better ramp up time.

The popping actually means those dual coils are wicking away beautifully. You get used to it, I know i didn't do something right if my build is popping. The only way to get rid of that would be to have more cotton in your build to choke off the wicking a bit, but as I said, it means you're doing a great job on the build. Adding more power as mentioned above to help with your ramp up time could lessen the popping a bit
typically around 50-55 watts, but yes, increasing the wattage does ramp up the heating quicker, i'll have to find a sweet spot, 70 watts starts to make the flavor a bit less desirable, but THANKS for the great feedback!

VU Sponsors