Become a Patron!

Aspire BVC rebuild

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Finding decent, affordable Aspire BVC coils is tough,.

I see some old YouTubes on rebuilding them. It doesn't look very hard except for the size of stuff I'm working with.
It's been a long time since I built a coil/head, these are a challenge.

The coils are vertical, the cotton wraps around the coil, air flow through the middle. I've got decent cotton, Japanese squares and Cotton Bacon. It's all very hard to manipulate at this size. The cotton needs to be dampened with juice first and it just falls apart.

Could I use woven cotton fabrfic from an old white tee shirt instead? It's supposed to be 100% cotton, being woven, it should hold together even at the tiny size I'm dealing with.

I'd sure like to resurrect old, used coils, I have a bunch. I'm an MTLer vaping at 17 watts so I'm not moving a ton of juice through the coil, I think such cotton wicking should handle the load, no? I'd probably have to pack a little of my other cotton around the outside of the wrapped coil once it's in place, shouldn't be hard and more wicking, even better.

Am I crazy or just desperate?

Walter Ladd

Member For 4 Years
I have the Nautilus 3 and a Kayfun. I build my own coils on the Kayfun 3.1- you should too. it is a great atomizer and dirt cheap to make 26 ga. coils for it.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
I've used the Triton and Nautilus Minis for many years. I have a full size Nautilus, a Kayfun and Russian 91% that do work well but the smaller Minis work better for me.

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
It turns out that, yes, cotton fabric is much easier to work with, rebuilding a BVC coil is eminently doable.
Sad to say, tastes awful. :cry:

VU Sponsors