Become a Patron!

Aspire Skystar Revvo Kit Review by KingPin!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

This year has seen an awful lot of new products released, and I’ll be excused in thinking a fair share of those releases were very similar, a slight tweak to a post here, different colour drip tip there, add an extra hole in the AFC ring…stand back slap on a random name and go for launch.

Well Aspire aren’t following the herd with their latest release (at least in everything other than random naming). Just before the year is out they have released a tank that is truly different to other products I’ve seen over the past few years.

Aspire sent me the Skystar Revvo kit (2ml TPD version) to give it the once over. Since I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews, think of this as all my findings in the just shy of a month I’ve had it with a final conclusion as an aid to bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

83D1C3E1-4138-4AC1-AE94-9A5489B25154.jpeg

So what does the Kit come with?
  • Skystar Mod
  • 2ml Revvo Tank (3.6ml version available)
  • 2 x Revvo coils (if you can call them coils)
  • 1 x Spare Glass tank
  • Spare O-rings
  • USB cable
  • User Manual
  • Warranty Card
  • Protective Silicone Cap
  • Scratch and check authenticity on the back of the outer sleeve
Product Info: http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits487.html

As with kits I’ll go over the tank first (this review will be long as there’s a lot to cover)

Part 1 - Revvo 2ml Tank Overview

Note: 3.6ml version differences in brackets
  • Diameter: 24mm
  • Height: 41mm (45mm)
  • Weight: 48g when full with liquid, (3.6ml unknown!)
  • Capacity: 2ml (3.6ml)
  • Thread: 510
  • Airflow Holes: 3
  • Glass Type: Pyrex
  • Metal: SS304
  • Available Coils: Aspire Radial Coil (Kanthal “notch coil” disc resistance range 0.1-0.16)
Looks Build quality & Initial Impressions

Aspire don’t tend to go crazy with their graphics on boxes and it’s more of the same for the Skystar kit. Everything inside is well secured, in terms of getting to you ok when purchasing online. The spare coil is sealed away which is good to see, The USB lead is big (plenty for 2A charging). Lastly you get a decent amount of spares with the kit as standard.

Onto the Revvo tank itself, the best way to describe this one is it’s the pre-made coils answer to the RDTA. Whilst Rebuildable tanks have been about for a long time it’s how Aspire approached this design that intrigues me.

The tank itself breaks down into 8 parts. Looking at my assembly picture below I’ll start at the bottom and work up giving you my thoughts.

0D2A6C64-9045-4945-8BB0-8DA9B8C79AD7.jpeg
94C2F26D-5D9E-4BDA-9F23-303977F04292.jpeg

1. The locking ring should have been reversed threaded. When you undo the tank repeatedly from the mod it can work itself lose, so something to keep an eye on. Secondly I have noticed occasional juice seepage under the base, it’s escaping I believe between the securing ring and the tank juice chamber. Perhaps a single piece design would have rectified this issue.

2. The glass has a good thickness to it although it was really difficult to remove for cleaning on the first go. It’s the top O-ring that’s really tight so I had to be careful taking it off.

3. The juice chamber is well executed for the most part.

a. The refill pin is centred and this is one of the stars of the show. The concept of quick refill is not new, I first saw this on the Bombertech Pindad although there may well have been other tanks before it, but the Revvo’s trick is you don’t even have to remove the drip tip to get to it (more on this later)

b. There is an inbuilt air release hole at the square part of the pin which is vital to avoiding spillages. The clever part is this is normally located on the deck somewhere for Rebuildable tanks. You can also listen carefully for air escaping and use it as an aid to determine when to stop refilling above the top of the glass.

c.The pins spring mechanism is soft to push down once you offer a juice bottle up and engage. I feel they have got this tension spot on. The pin is locked when not engaged so juice won’t leave the tank.

d. Threading leaves a little to be desired. My top chamber is difficult to screw back in place at times.​

4. Fitting or replacing the new Aspire 'radial' coil is very easy (although never try to do it soon after using the tank). Simply unscrew the top chamber, unscrew the coil mounting screw, remove the used coil, drop another coil over the filling pin, ensure the coil is sitting flush with the body of the tank, then reassemble and that's it.

8C3C4352-6354-44CA-AD97-DEC6A95590FA.jpeg
84B318AD-210B-4759-8CDC-D1719335DC8A.jpeg

a. It can be changed with e-liquid still in the tank.​

b. The notch coil is sensitive to being touched or cleaned and it will jump resistance when you try.​

c. The coil doesn’t need priming when freshly installed just hold upside down for a couple of minutes. It takes 3 tanks to break in the coil.​

d. Unlike other pre-made coils you may well be able to clean this coil up, re-wick and have another go with a cotton brand you like using (I’m going to give it a crack at some point myself although my original coil is still going nearly a month in at this point)​

5. The mounting screw is probably my favourite part of the design on this tank. At first glance you could be forgiven for thinking it’s just holding the coil down, but its serving multiple roles on the Revvo;

a. Securing the coil to the tank section

b. Is a catch cup for slight over filling

c. Acts as an anti-spit guard

d. Is integral to the Revvo airflow design. The airflow on the Revvo is not simple side airflow. It enters the
top, is forced down around the top of the coil disc and back up through a small gap into the drip tip. All of this makes for a very smooth, spit free vape (excuse my wobbly drawing here to demonstrate what I mean)
revvo screenshot.JPG
8EAB79D1-D4DE-40AF-B1CA-78A174DDA02D.jpeg

6. The top chamber is made of Delrin in terms of its outer shell. Whilst this styling might not be to everyone’s liking this is absolutely necessary. The coil placement is in the middle and it gets bloody hot, however none of that heat is transferred to you whilst vaping. Even holding the tank top section when vaping at 120W or above is ok (although the metal parts still get hot). Looking into the chamber itself there is a smaller inner chamber (which isn’t conical) the space between the two walls is where the airflow is directed down onto the coil as mentioned earlier.

Condensation build up is pretty dramatic on the Revvo due to all the nooks and crannies inside. For the most part the chamber does its job keeping that condensation under control. This makes for a nice moist vape, however I have noticed that leaving the tank on its side or upside down can lead to this condensation escaping via the airflow holes.
4A1BEC74-5516-4000-B84D-DB23800E2670.jpeg

I have tested holding the tank itself upside down without the top chamber attached to see how long it takes for the juice to breach the coil wicking and go everywhere (the hallmark of any RDTA). I have to say here the Revvo passed with flying colours it was upside down 4 hours after this picture was taken and not a single drop came out! Proving that any seepage is condensation.

7BF65776-C86A-4EB1-8056-F2359E10968F.jpeg

7. The airflow ring can be removed from the top chamber. When in place has a stop point and is really smooth to turn. It also has knurling on it to help remove the chamber from the tank section. This part does heat up with higher wattage vaping.

8. The top cap (drip tip) is Delrin. I personally would have preferred they inserted metal threading into the top cap as you have to be really careful with cross threading on this. Thankfully you rarely have to remove it though. It has a very wide bore again all part of the design because if you have a PET dripper or Unicorn bottle you can simply put the top in, push down the pin and refill without having to remove anything! This is the Revvos hallmark and what makes it special although there are two things to note here;

revvo screenshot 2.JPG

a. Refill to the top of the glass or listen out for the air to stop escaping. If you overfill this tank the coils will not vaporise the juice like regular coils, you are just likely to get hot juice come out of the airflows and go everywhere. I managed to do this on multiple occasions now and it requires the removal of the top chamber entirely to sort out the mess.​

b. Needle nose and twist top refill bottles will not work on the Revvo refill system. I don’t own the glass droppers so cannot say whether they work or not​

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So how’s the vape?

I’ll go on the record here and say this is the first premade coil tank ever tried could pass as a Rebuildable in the flavour department! That is no small feat and is surely the holy-grail in terms of pre mades.

Hang on though let’s not all hold hands and sing a song… there’s some important “buts” first.

It didn’t start out this way, I had to warm to it. In fact when I first got this I was on the fence for a good few days as to whether I even liked it or not because it was making my usual testing recipe taste different. It was only after I realised it was bringing through flavour notes I don’t normally taste did I start to get on board with it. The Revvo heightens sweetness massively but has the ability to make the background flavours come to the front.

Not only this but it took me a lot of time to get the best from it and dial it in over those few days, at the same time adjust to the way it vapes as I’m so used to cylindrical coils now. It’s this part that’s going to be big factor as to whether you are going to get on with the Revvo or not and I’m sure there’s going to many out there who will not.

If you like airy tanks good news this is so airy fully open you might as well just be breathing with your mouth open – it did however allow me to take these ARC coils all the way to 210W albeit briefly! Which is well above their rating but not enjoyable whatsoever for me personally.

With airflow half way, even with 75% VG juice the vapour feels like its lacking density somewhat compared to say the Beast or the Cleito 120 tank, I just feel it’s a bit lackluster until you crank up the wattage.

Drop the airflow down to a quarter or under with a semi restricted draw and now you’re talking. I vape this at 120W with airflow roughly a quarter open…that’s pretty insane even for me, as I rarely go over 80w these days, but it’s where I feel I get the best from this tank. It does mean the vapour is pretty warm and its zaps the batteries quickly. In fact I’ve found the best way to vape the Revvo using this kit is via the Skystars CPS settings (same as the Speeder has)….I have a quick 120W ramp up for half a second then reduce it down towards 90w for a few seconds before ramping up again. The draw is really smooth and you get a decent hit from it like this without it getting too in your face.

The Revvo does require you to turn the tank upside down every now and then for a few seconds if you chain vape, or if the juice is low in the tank but for the most part just vaping wicks it enough because of the huge surface area of the cotton. If you don’t keep the cotton saturated you are going to get a nasty dry hit because it doesn’t fade like regular coils.

The other biggy to note is it drinks juice and fast, so if you normally use higher than 3mg nic think about decreasing it for this tank. I’ve got the 2ml TPD compliant version and I’m refilling often (I really hate TPD!) ……try to get hold of the 3.6ml version it’ll make a difference.

So as I said there are a few “buts” here and if you can get past these things then the Revvo is a really great flavoured tank.

Pros
  • Intense Flavour when dialled in
  • No spitting
  • Really smooth draw although not the quietest
  • Function over Styling prevails
  • Refill system is fantastic
  • Most of the parts on this tank serve multiple roles. It looks simple on the outside but there’s a lot going on some really innovative ideas
  • The tanks doesn’t let juice run out when holding upside down
  • You might be able to re-use the coils if you are careful
  • Very easy to change coils mess free
Cons
  • Overly Airy for my liking which doesn’t help lower wattage vapers, over half way just dilutes the density of the vapour production unless you really crank up the wattage
  • Threading needs to be improved on future models
  • Would like to have seen metal threading inside the top cap
  • Would be nice to have the option to get hold of extension kit for the TPD size
  • Juice seeping occasionally from the securing ring. Also it should have been reversed threaded
  • Cannot overfill this tank it’s really unforgiving when you do
  • Condensation build up is problematic if leaving on its side.
  • Takes a while to dial it in not just airflow but wattage style plays a big part too.

Final Tank Conclusion

The Revvo is the most interesting pre made coil tank I’ve used this year hands down. I do not think this is the perfect tank and it has some flaws for sure. That said it wouldn’t surprise me if other manufactures are watching this one to see if they can incorporate some ideas into their atomisers next year.

The tank requires you to adjust to it and vape a certain way to get the best from it which is the downside. However being I appreciate RDTA’s and I’m in the bracket of people who happens to like decent clouds and a warm vape. Other than the Freemax Fireluke, I really do think this is one of the best sub ohm tanks I’ve tried this year and belongs easily at the top of my sub ohm (pre made coil) flavour list.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Part 2 the Skystar Mod

Manufacturer Specs
  • Height: 91mm
  • Width: 50mm
  • Thickness: 33mm
  • Weight: 115g or 240g with 2 x 18650 batteries and a full tank on top
  • 1.3 inch OLED display
  • Micro USB charging port (2 amp charging)
  • Spring loaded 510 connection
  • Modes include: Wattage, Voltage, Bypass, Temp Control, Custom Profile Settings
  • Wattage Range 5-210W Output
  • Voltage output 0.5 – 9v
  • Max Amp Output: 40A
  • Functional Resistance Range: 0.1 – 3.5 ohms
  • Continuous Fire time: (adjustable) 5s -15s
  • Dual 18650 batteries Series mod
  • Temperature Control Range: 200 – 600F / 100 – 315C
  • Low Voltage Cut Off: 3.3v (or 2.9V under load)
  • Standby Current: 50uA
  • Chipset Efficiency 97% (according to aspire)
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Overheat Board Protection
  • Overcharge Protection
  • Over Discharge Protection
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Passthrough Vaping Enabled
Skystar Product Page: http://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-mods/box-mods/box-mods486.html
User Manual: http://www.aspirecig.com/downloads/manuals/download491.html
Firmware Support (when available): http://www.aspirecig.com/upgrade/

Available Colours;
Kit options: Black, White, Wood, Blue Camo, Slate Blue

Impressions and build quality

Let’s get all the negative stuff out the way first;

I chose the wood option in the hopes it was going to have a decent finish like the Smoant Charon TS 218’s wood finish. It was a bad choice on my part I’m afraid, it’s wishy washy when you see it in the flesh and not very well executed. In hindsight I would have gone with the white or carbon fibre options.

Without the light on it looks pretty good right

C42085B1-4977-4894-87A4-CA6BF7C24E4E.jpeg 69C06CFD-7A48-4D02-A914-925295D2E729.jpeg
1AB6724E-6745-4D8E-B11F-CC7099BF42F3.jpeg

Now get the light on it...see what I mean!
DB44258E-28E5-442A-A9CC-6A352923DCB6.jpeg

When you get the mod itself in your hand it feels cheap and plasticy, it weighs just 115g out of the box and 240g with batteries loaded with the Revvo tank on top. The battery door is really thin and can be flexed, the front plastic panel doesn’t meet the metal bezel around the screen. If you squeeze the mod in your hand the panels creak. I’m really surprised by this because the Speeder was a solid mod to hold and use.

2D70958C-C23C-4DDF-B434-872B5A663BB2.jpeg

There is no venting on the mod anywhere something I’ve not seen before on a regulated mod (at least that I own). It helps both the battery tray and door are plastic in case you have a damaged battery wrap. Additionally they have recessed the mounting screws inside as well. Not sure if the lack of venting was to just maintain the aesthetic aspect or not.

Whilst I’m on aesthetics I do like how they have approached the centre mounted 510 which can accommodate 25mm atomisers without overhang, however the metal strips down the side and under the base all transfer heat around the mod when you fire up the atomiser at higher wattages. When chain vaping it’s really noticeable even in winter conditions.

Under load the batteries seem to sag fairly dramatically on the skystar at least if the battery indicator is anything to go by. This seems more dramatic than it was on the speeder using the Athos tank. I think it’s to do with ramping up the Revvo ARC coil, because if I use other tanks it’s much less noticeable.

The touch screen is a chore, instead of adjusting wattage or temp via buttons I have to stop swipe twice (sometimes more if it doesn’t pick up my finger movement) adjust, and then come back out. This just feels like a step backwards from the speeder all for the sake of touchscreen. I have found as long as you start at the very top or bottom of the screen it does pick up your finger well for the most part.

Finally it has a glossy finish. That’s great for artists pictures but really awful when you get any sort of leaks from a tank or greasy fingers it gets slippery quickly.

Ok with the negative stuff out the way ….does it actually do anything well?

It’s comfortable to hold and fire using the side of your thumb. When pressing the fire button it doesn’t feel hollow but has a decent amount of feedback. At least on the Skystar your palm doesn’t cover the screen like it would on the Speeder sometimes.

Nothing rattles on the mod when I shake it.

My atomisers sits flush and the 510 seems very good, I haven’t suffered with any dodgy resistance readings.

34FCFFE3-7989-4033-87AD-4738796A0629.jpeg

The screen is very bright, even at minimum (30% it’s bright enough which is what I use to save on batteries (I also turned off the clock as well).

Whilst the menu system is a chore to adjust things quickly, it is very intuitive. It’s well worth taking the time to set up the CPS modes for different atomisers in order to save you the hassle of dipping in and out of the menu to adjust wattage or voltage.

The chipset itself is the next iteration from the one used in the Speeder (Aspires own proprietary chip) Oher than having to adjust to use the touchscreen it’s all a very familiar affair. I won’t go through how the modes work because I wrote a detailed overview in my speeder review here; (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/aspire-speeder-200w-kit-review-by-kingpin.348533/)

In my opinion the Skystar’s performance pushes above the Speeders performance in wattage and voltage modes. It has a fire delay of just 0.1 seconds (although the speeder is due a new firmware update which will match this as well) but it feels punchier and clearer (if these are the right descriptions less spongy perhaps?). There is this significant battery sag using the Revvo tank. For instance when I put it in Bypass mode I was able to take two puffs before I got the low voltage message (2.9V) under load (this is with fresh dual Sony VTC5A’s!) so something is off with detection of under load I reckon, or the chip is sucking a whole load more voltage than it should.

Temperature mode is very similar to the speeder which is a good thing as I felt it performed well. I just can’t say I’m noticing a massive difference to the speeder even down to when using Kanthal coils it doesn’t boot me out so no improvements really noticed here. I do need to clear one thing up since my Speeder review though. I got it wrong with saying in manual TCR settings it uses a percentage sign. That sign means parts per mille (or divide by 1000) but how I assumed to use it it my speeder review was correct still (so for stainless steel coils try between 0.88 - 0.98)

Charging

Aspire have given the charge process an overhaul on the Skystar. This was one of my big cons on the Speeder due to its battery door being slightly lose when closed (at least this is my belief), but with the mod I have in front of me its seems to be doing the job really well.

They include a decent USB lead, the mod warms but never gets hot in its charge cycle

The screen has plenty of details including charge time and charge rate. It charges abive 2 Amps at times although takes longer than a dedicated external charger at roughly 3 hours using 3000mAh cells, this is closer to the performance of 1A charging on an external charger.

54822CDC-2B43-458A-B104-CC81AF7824FB.jpeg

It both balanced and terminated at 4.2V on both batteries testing them separately with a multi meter. I did notice it terminated at 4.21V in one of my tests, when I reached out to Aspire over this they said they have set a range of +/- 0.03V from 4.2V (lower than some external charger manufactures employ)

I have to take my hat off to Aspire here this one of the areas they said they would take back to the engineers after my last review and even asked for further information and observations from me after my review, so they did listen at the time and have actually addressed the issue it seems (at least on the device in front of me!)

Pro’s
  • Performance wise the Skystar executes all the modes really well.
  • Comfy to hold left or right hand with a decent fire button
  • 510 is quality and stable
  • Intuitive menu system (twice down, twice up and swipe right accesses everything)
  • Impressed with the on board charging of the Skystar
  • Instant on with no boot up screen
  • Very minimal fire delay and quick ramp up
  • Screen is very bright
Cons
  • It lacks in the quality feel department
  • The wood finish is poor
  • No venting and gets hot when chain vaping at higher wattages
  • Touchscreen can fail to pick your swipe up sometimes
  • Seems to get severe battery sag on my mod
  • Screen is a fingerprint magnet.
  • Mod gets bit slippery if you spill juice on it or have any on your hands.
  • Temp control didn’t kick me out when using Kanthal coils
Final Speeder Mod Conclusion

This review is a complete reverse of my Speeder kit review (with the Athos tank). In that review I really liked the Speeder mod but didn’t really get on with the Athos tank.

In this kit review I really like the Revvo tank but I’m not sold on the Skystar mod. Whilst I cannot deny it’s a solid all round performer I just cannot get past the feel factor and how it manages heat dispersal. Sorry to say here Aspire you missed the mark on how important “feel” is with this mod which for me is just as important as how well it performs.

If I were to choose a set up out of the two kits I’ve reviewed I’d firmly choose the Speeder mod with the Revvo tank.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review! I hope this information serves you well until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s funny I said it wouldn’t surprise if other companies are watching this one.....but damn doesn’t take long to get through product testing does it!?

The bonza and revvo had a kid and called it the vandyvape maze

07291CBE-D1BB-44F5-8459-A622EE686009.jpeg
B86EDC6C-3287-4C64-A5E4-C29170849A4E.jpeg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi KingPin! I hope you enjoyed the Holidays!
I wasn't lucky enough to win this kit, but I did win the Revvo tank on the Aspire contest and am looking forward to trying this new style coil, when it finally gets to my house.
I hope the coil is long lasting as I don't see them for sale on too many sites yet.
I already have the Speeder so the Speeder and the Revvo combo should work well together.
Not too many color choices on the Revvo Tank either- my Speeder is white and gold- so I asked for the Black Revvo as the only other colors were the SS or Gunmetal, no matchy, matchy there!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I wasn't lucky enough to win this kit, but I did win the Revvo tank on the Aspire contest and am looking forward to trying this new style coil, when it finally gets to my house.
I hope the coil is long lasting as I don't see them for sale on too many sites yet.
I already have the Speeder so the Speeder and the Revvo combo should work well together.
Not too many color choices on the Revvo Tank either- my Speeder is white and gold- so I asked for the Black Revvo as the only other colors were the SS or Gunmetal, no matchy, matchy there!
Nice way to start the new year Snap. Congrats. :hug:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Congrats snap :stars:should make a great combo I have used it on the speeder as well ...my orIginal coil is still going like a champ! Really enjoying it :)

Found out today aspire are going to be releasing a bottom feeding version of the revvo with a squonker! Looks damn nice although they are sketchy on the details at the moment as to whether the existing revvo will have some sort of enabling kit ...fingers crossed!

66C738B7-1DAC-41CF-8D20-9639C22EBA9F.jpeg

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Nice way to start the new year Snap. Congrats. :hug:
LOL- I was shocked when I got the email from Aspire at first I thought it was spam, I forgot I entered the contest thru their site!!! Drat I didn't win the kit,love the Blue Camo and you know me and camo LOL- but the tank looks interesting and will give it a whirl.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
LOL- I was shocked when I got the email from Aspire at first I thought it was spam, I forgot I entered the contest thru their site!!! Drat I didn't win the kit,love the Blue Camo and you know me and camo LOL- but the tank looks interesting and will give it a whirl.

Let me know what you think :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Congrats snap :stars:should make a great combo I have used it on the speeder as well ...my orIginal coil is still going like a champ! Really enjoying it :)

Found out today aspire are going to be releasing a bottom feeding version of the revvo with a squonker! Looks damn nice although they are sketchy on the details at the moment as to whether the existing revvo will have some sort of enabling kit ...fingers crossed!

View attachment 99911

Thanks KingPin!
Wow a squonk tank to a squonk system??? I saw a few reviews that said the tank reminds them of an RDTA , because you need to keep tipping the tank to get the coil wet-it would be great if they had an enabling kit for the Revvo tank- may try squonking again!
I started on the Kanger DripBox about 2 years ago, wasn't a fan- to much spitting for me, but it taught me how to DL hit- no way could I MTL that thing!
With that coil system in the Revvo I may try it again!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks KingPin!
Wow a squonk tank to a squonk system??? I saw a few reviews that said the tank reminds them of an RDTA , because you need to keep tipping the tank to get the coil wet-it would be great if they had an enabling kit for the Revvo tank- may try squonking again!
I started on the Kanger DripBox about 2 years ago, wasn't a fan- to much spitting for me, but it taught me how to DL hit- no way could I MTL that thing!
With that coil system in the Revvo I may try it again!

Yeah this is an rdta and depending on how you vape (like taking a drink in the Diet Coke advert lol) or keep it low you will need to tip it every now and then ...there is very little to no flavour fade on here you will know when coils arent saturated believe me!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I am using the Pixy RDTA and really like that vape- so much that I ordered the Black and the SS, so I am already familiar with tipping to keep the wicks saturated!
I like the fill system of the Revvo tank all in all looks pretty leak resistant!
LOL- I just checked tracking and it is between the US and China right now, they shipped it out on the 12/23 so it should be a few weeks until I get the tank!

ck342

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Based on the great reviews, I sought out and bought the Revvo tank from a reputable retailer (Coval Vapes). While the flavor and vapor production are great, the tank leaked terribly from the air vents. Because the location of the leak is so close to the coil, the liquid leaking out was scalding hot. Twice with vaping in bed I received painful burns to my chest and mouth. I contacted Aspire about the problem and they asked for my receipt (which I provided) as well as the batch number and security code. These must have been on the outer box cover, which I discarded right after my purchase. When I told Aspire this, their response was that since they couldn’t verify my tank was an authentic Aspire product, they could be of no further help. As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank! Either I bought a defective unit or the Revvo has a serious design flaw. Either way, the customer service rep I dealt with just sucked.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hmm that’s not good hope you are ok

Condensation build up in the top cap is dramatic which is one of its flaws and something I highlighted as a con in my review but it didnt ever leak dramatically on me as you describe unless I overfilled it?

Couple of things what was the cotton layer like in the coil you should be able to hold that tank upside down without juice leaking try that first with that chamber removed (do not try this when hot!)

Wipe off inside the top chamber before you go to bed, perhaps give it a quick rinse don’t let the condensation sit there

Do you ever notice that the centre pin is stuck down that could be a defective product

I didn’t experience this and still haven’t other than seeping condensation a little bit leaving it on it side admittedly I don’t vape in bed though

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Based on the great reviews, I sought out and bought the Revvo tank from a reputable retailer (Coval Vapes). While the flavor and vapor production are great, the tank leaked terribly from the air vents. Because the location of the leak is so close to the coil, the liquid leaking out was scalding hot. Twice with vaping in bed I received painful burns to my chest and mouth. I contacted Aspire about the problem and they asked for my receipt (which I provided) as well as the batch number and security code. These must have been on the outer box cover, which I discarded right after my purchase. When I told Aspire this, their response was that since they couldn’t verify my tank was an authentic Aspire product, they could be of no further help. As if someone has tooled up to counterfeit a $25 tank! Either I bought a defective unit or the Revvo has a serious design flaw. Either way, the customer service rep I dealt with just sucked.
Sorry to read you are having trouble with the Revvo tank.
Did you try to contact Coval- @Coval51 - PM them here for help!
Maybe when vaping in bed you need something like the Joyetech Penguin- that doesn't leak no matter which way you vape.
My 3 years vaping 101 is never lay a tank on its side- they can leak.

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

If you bought it from Coval Vapes, as long as you have a receipt of purchase shoot an email over to [email protected] including the receipt and we'll get you taken care of. We're Coval, we won't leave you hanging. I'm sure we can work something out. As for the leaking, if you fill just a tad too much, it'll leak like crazy but as long as you don't overfill (leave 1/16") of air space, it should be ok. If too much liquid goes in, it has no choice but to rise up through the wicking and flood the chamber. It is mentioned in the instructions. However, sounds like yours is defective. Shoot us an email...we'll make it right.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
20180826_125723.jpg Hi King Pin-
I had to comment that I finally tried the Aspire Revvo tank- I love it! Vapes really nice with great flavor.
I just won the Smoant Ranker and I don't have too many Black Tanks and remembered I have the Revvo, I have had it a while but never used it.
Now I have to get some more coils to keep using this tank, guess we can rinse them clean and reuse. Looks great on the Ranker and so far no leaking !

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
View attachment 118701 Hi King Pin-
I had to comment that I finally tried the Aspire Revvo tank- I love it! Vapes really nice with great flavor.
I just won the Smoant Ranker and I don't have too many Black Tanks and remembered I have the Revvo, I have had it a while but never used it.
Now I have to get some more coils to keep using this tank, guess we can rinse them clean and reuse. Looks great on the Ranker and so far no leaking !

Glad you like it snap :blowkiss: watch out for overfilling though don’t want you getting hot spitting from it

The Ranker is a big beast isn’t it haha

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Glad you like it snap :blowkiss: watch out for overfilling my though don’t want you getting hot spitting from it

The Ranker is a big beast isn’t it haha

The Smoant Ranker is not tall, but it is a weighty piece for sure- seems well built,sturdy and I like the fire bar. I also love the Camo color and the easy to use screen.
I have read the problems of leaking and spitting on the Revvo Tank- because people are over filling the tank and then flood the top of the coil, I unscrew the top cap before filling to make sure I don't over fill it and leave some a air space between the tank liquid and the coil- LOL! I wipe the top of the coil off and clean the inside of the cap every few refills
I may buy another one( there is a really good sale) and I ordered more coils from some sales already.
I love my Pyros and Pixys RDTAs and the Revvo is more like an RDTA to me.
The one con of the Revvo is that is drinks the juice so quickly, but at 55w and 3.5mls easy to see why it does that- LOL
There are some Pyro 2 on sale and may get one of those too.

VU Sponsors