Aspire Zelos 50W Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
20638645a4d61c361a8f16b573e9fdcc.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Aspire specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Elegant looking mod. The tank looks like a helmet with a drip tip coming out of it. It matches up with the mod very well. This mod is small but looks to be of high quality construction. In the second tier of the box you have the charge cable and accessories. The packaging is very well done.

What's In The Box:

* One Aspire Zelos 50W TC Box Mod
* One Aspire Nautilus 2 Sub-Ohm Tank
* One Kanthal 0.7 ohm Coil
* One Kanthal 1.8 ohm Coil
* Spare SS Drip Tip
* Spare Glass Tank Segment
* One Micro USB Cable
* User Manuals
f746ac399700f184e3a3368170112477.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

Nice 510, with slits for bottom airflow tanks and smooth stainless steel threading. The pin is gold plated with a firm, short throw to it. I did get some atty rash already and that is kind of disappointing. All of my atomizers sit flush and seem to make a really good connection. 22mm tanks will fit on this mod with no overhang at all.
380fff2c8887a954a6e8feb0bf898259.jpg

This is a skinny elegant looking internal battery mod. It's a two tone grey silver and aside from the rash at the top the paint seems to be of high quality. The branding on this mode is subtle and unobtrusive.
737ef7c44d9a056a9316df4edd409b84.jpg

The firing button is tiny and has a good feel to it it is clicky and made of metal. It is slightly raised from the mod. The +/- buttons are small as well and they are raised even more than the fire button. They are marked with a + or - symbol. They are clicky and responsive as well. Below the +/- buttons is the charge/update port. It is horizontally mounted and capable of 1 amp charging for the internal 2500 mAh battery.

The screen is small but it's very bright and vivid. It has an auto flip feature to it that I love. No matter which way you hold the mod the screen will automatically flip so you can read the screen. It’s pretty fast too. On the bottom of the mod there is some battery venting present.

The Tank

This kit comes with the Nautilus 2 tank. It is colored matched to the mod and pairs up really well with this mod. This is a very restricted DL tank or a straight up MTL tank depending on how you set up the airflow.
ba0f7e196ea7bf50471c22f2d4c0900b.jpg

Love the drip tips that are included in this kit. They're tall, contoured and restrictive. You get one in black and one in silver. Very comfortable drip tip for a MTL vape. Love them.
73996c534c4c0466c9a676cbb377a7e2.jpg

There really is not a traditional top cap to this tank. It’s more like a helmet shaped metal cage with a 510 drip tip hole drilled out on the top. On the inside of the cage there is a short chimney that screws directly into the coil. When you take the cage off all you are left with is a glass with no top piece. The tanks is top fill and wide open for filling. Very easy and simple to fill. The base has a single sided adjustable airflow that has 5 circles. Each air hole is smaller than the previous so you can really dial in your MTL vape. The 510 is gold plated and the threading is smooth.
c872860ab9babc39b47d39dc97ec615f.jpg
76432abb9af34f5d59460682df4251d1.jpg
67ed6dcb862c70888578ed7b0467ccfa.jpg

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

I like the look and feel of this little mod. The look is tall yet elegant, This is a very pocketable mod. Very comfortable to hold and vape. The mod has a light yet very solid reassuring feel to it.

The Board:

This is a proprietary board by Aspire. It has a full temperature control suite and it does all of the popular metals. The modes included are Ni, SS, Ti, Wattage, Voltage, and Bypass. The TC is legit on this mod. I tried the Ni and SS TC and both worked very well. The menu system is very simple and easy to use as well.

The board will fire as low as .1 ohms and and it is adjustable in .1 watt increments. Voltage range is from .5 to 8 volts adjustable in .1 volt increments. It also has some pass through technology built into it so you can vape while charging but to be honest I never recommend that.

The Menu System:

* Press the fire button 5 times to turn on
* Click the fire button 3 times to lock device
* While locked hold the fire button for 3 seconds to turn off the mod
* Click the fore button 3 times while on to enter stealth mode
* Press the +/- button together to access modes
* In TC mode press the - and fire button to adjust the wattage
* Fire button and + button together will lock the mod
* Mod will enter sleep mode when idle for over a minute.

How Does It Vape:

This is a really solid MTL kit. I use it in the morning when I am having my breakfast and coffee. I love having a MTL setup for that time of the day. I put a nice RY4 or some kind of breakfast juice in the tank and it just goes great with a cup of coffee. In that respect this mod has surprisingly snuck its way into my rotation. I say snuck because while I am a flavor chaser I am really not a die hard MTLer. Just the same I have found a great place in my rotation for this mod.

Since the coils that come with it are so high in ohms battery life on the kit is just phenomenal. While I do like both coils I find the .7 coil to be overrated. Anytime I run it above 14 watts I get a burnt taste. The specs say it's good up to 23 watts but that has not been the case for me. However at 14 watts I still get a nice vape even though the coil is rated from 18-23 watts. The 1.8 coil is very flavorful and I am surprised that on this setup I actually prefer that coil. It is rated 10 to 14 watts and the flavor is really good. The airflow is more restrictive and this coil is a true MTL coil. Both coils are kanthal.

Conclusion:

If you're a MTLer this kit is definitely a worthy addition to your vape stash. Maybe you're like me and you just enjoy a MTL vape now and again. If so check this kit out. It's a good kit to use with tobacco flavored juices as well because it comes close to mimicking the feel and taste of a cigarette. In the end isn't that what this is all really about, staying of cigarettes. DeucesJack approved? Yeah, if you're a MTLer you'd be hard pressed to find a better performing more complete kit.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

- Pros:

* Well thought out kit
* Matching tank and mod
* Quality construction
* Bright and vivid screen
* Screen flips automatically
* Simple menu system
* TC is good
* Great battery life
* Top fill tank
* Very good flavor
* Great drip tips
* Smooth airflow
* Mostly metallic tank
* Looks
* Feel
* Pocketability

- Cons:

* Already have some atty rash
* Buttons are tiny
* 1 amp charging

Specs:

- Zelos Mod:

* 1 to 50W Power Output
* 0.1 Minimum Atomizer Resistance Range
*;Adjustable in 0.1W Increments
0.5 to 8V
* Adjustable in 0.1V Increments
* Bypass Mode
*;Direct Output Mode of Current Battery Voltage
* Temperature Control Output
- Ni200 Nickel Support
- Titanium Support
- Stainless Steel Support
* 200 to 600 degrees Fahrenheit Range
* Integrated 2500 mAh Battery
- 1A Micro USB Charge Rate
- Passthrough Technology
- Vape While Charging
* 0.96 inch OLED Screen
- Two Row Three Column Display
- Output Wattage
- Output Voltage
- Output Temperature
- Atomizer Resistance
- Battery Life Indicator
- Auto Rotating Screen
- Three Button Control Face
* Tactile Oversized Firing Button
* Adjustment Button
* Stainless Steel 510 Threading
* Spring Loaded Gold Plated Contact
* Auto Cutoff/Low Voltage/Short Circuit/Overheat/Over Discharge/Over Charge Protection

Nautilus 2 Tank:

* 22mm Diameter
* Top Fill System
* 2.0ml Tank Capacity
* Threaded Top Fill
* Fully Sleeved Mid Section
- Protects Glass Segment
- Juice Viewing Window
* Nautilus Coil Structure
- Vertical Coil Arrangement
- 0.7 ohm
- 18 to 23W
- 1.8 ohm
- 10 to 14W
* Adjustable Airflow
* 5 Air Holes
* 1 mm to 0.5mm
* Adjustable from Fully Open to Single 0.5mm Airhole
* 4mm Bore Drip Tip
* Gold Plated Contact
* Stainless Steel and Glass Construction

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

For more information about Aspire products please visit:
https://aspirevapeco.com/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors