Become a Patron!

ATTENTION Defiant DS/TS Users!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just received a DS yesterday and have yet to use it. On their site there are the silicone and LDPE bottles. At the latter exactly the same as the stock bottle? If so, it feels fine to me and I'll get those.

Also, does the silver conversion kit make a big difference? I've never used a mech but I'm getting a few for my stash.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just received a DS yesterday and have yet to use it. On their site there are the silicone and LDPE bottles. At the latter exactly the same as the stock bottle? If so, it feels fine to me and I'll get those.

Also, does the silver conversion kit make a big difference? I've never used a mech but I'm getting a few for my stash.
The LDPE bottles are the stock bottles.

I didn't notice a big difference with the silver kit. Maybe just a slight bump in performance if measured, but I couldn't tell a difference by feel between the two when both were freshly cleaned. I do like the look of the silver better on my brushed aluminum DS though, so I keep it installed on it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand that mechs need frequent cleaning of the contacts. Does silver require less maintenance and/or is easier to clean?

I think I need to start reading about mechs. Probably get that done after I'm done tearing out my basement walls and put the new ones in...:rolleyes:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I understand that mechs need frequent cleaning of the contacts. Does silver require less maintenance and/or is easier to clean?

I think I need to start reading about mechs. Probably get that done after I'm done tearing out my basement walls and put the new ones in...:rolleyes:
Silver does require less, over copper and brass. But the gold plated stock kit in the DS doesn't really need any more cleaning than silver. The DS is pretty easy to keep cleaned up really. Just don't use anything too abrasive when you don't need too. A pencil eraser works great for light duty cleanup of the contacts and such.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Silver does require less, over copper and brass. But the gold plated stock kit in the DS doesn't really need any more cleaning than silver. The DS is pretty easy to keep cleaned up really. Just don't use anything too abrasive when you don't need too. A pencil eraser works great for light duty cleanup of the contacts and such.
Thanks for the info.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just bought some stock bottles. They're 5 for $20 but they're having a 2 for 1 sale on them so I got 10 for $20...sweet. Picked up a couple of extra firing buttons while I was at it.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Defiant Designs has their silicon bottles back in stock, both smoked and frosted. Been a long time since I seen those available, just thought there might be others that would be interested too.
If I still had one, I would grab a few of those silicone bottles before they disappear. Much prefer those to stock and I know it's a pain in the ass to find them. I think the smoked bottle would add a nice touch, though the mods are beautiful outta the box

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If I still had one, I would grab a few of those silicone bottles before they disappear. Much prefer those to stock and I know it's a pain in the ass to find them. I think the smoked bottle would add a nice touch, though the mods are beautiful outta the box
I grabbed a couple just because they are so hard to find. I rigged up a couple of Lost Vape bottles (the ones with the air vent collar on them) to work in mine a couple years ago when I couldn't find these ones in stock anywhere, but much prefer to have the ones made for it since they have a larger capacity.

VU Sponsors