Become a Patron!

ATTENTION TO ALL. MrMeowgi is no longer a moderator

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After long consideration I've decided it's time for me to leave. Thanks for all the good times and fun. I may still be around but no longer a moderator. Wanted to make this announcement so Noone tags me as such. Thank you

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After long consideration I've decided it's time for me to leave. Thanks for all the good times and fun. I may still be around but no longer a moderator. Wanted to make this announcement so Noone tags me as such. Thank you

Oh man! the pay cut must be horrible. Maybe with the +600 for unemployment you can at least break even for a bit?

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sorry to see you go. At least you have the sweet sweet VU pension to fall back on. Living high on the hog, collecting pension checks, and vaping in your Lazy Boy whilst watching Netflix and scrolling forums all day. That’s the life I hope to have one day. Enjoy civilian life soldier and I hope to see you around. At ease Mr. Meowgi, at ease.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
200.gif

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT

So sorry to see you go- and hope to still see you around posting, my friend!

:blowkiss:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
so can we link farm the shit out of the new VU or what....seems some areas we can, others we can’t, whats the stance on this mod team?? (Picked here because you all responded)..when does VU stop becoming a forum and becomes just a vessel for outside interests?

I get posting a link and discussing it, or if it’s relevant to a discussion taking place at the time, but pages of links with little or no discussion the likes even the VU bot would be proud of...seems with the move we have an opportunity to drain the swamp?

and before someone chimes in with free speech bitch...is link farming really free speech?, that article exists somewhere else already penned by an author, other than to aid a discussion or start an argument what logical sense does it make to plonk up pages and pages of links...not to mention the increase in potential security problems for users browsing and hitting questionable sites...

Or is the hope that people do the job of VU Bot and raise the traffic regardless of what it is?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
so can we link farm the shit out of the new VU or what....seems some areas we can, others we can’t, whats the stance on this mod team?? (Picked here because you all responded)..when does VU stop becoming a forum and becomes just a vessel for outside interests?

I get posting a link and discussing it, or if it’s relevant to a discussion taking place at the time, but pages of links with little or no discussion the likes even the VU bot would be proud of...seems with the move we have an opportunity to drain the swamp?

and before someone chimes in with free speech bitch...is link farming really free speech?, that article exists somewhere else already penned by an author, other than to aid a discussion or start an argument what logical sense does it make to plonk up pages and pages of links...not to mention the increase in potential security problems for users browsing and hitting questionable sites...

Or is the hope that people do the job of VU Bot and raise the traffic regardless of what it is?

That's a damn good question. I'd love to know the answer myself.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@MrMeowgi, my dear friend, you're breaking my heart. :(

I was so glad when we brought you on board as a moderator because I knew you would do a great job at it... and you have! I'm crossing my fingers that after the dust settles you'll change your mind. <3 But I will understand if you don't.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@MrMeowgi, my dear friend, you're breaking my heart. :(

I was so glad when we brought you on board as a moderator because I knew you would do a great job at it... and you have! I'm crossing my fingers that after the dust settles you'll change your mind. <3 But I will understand if you don't.

Absolutely. Well said.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hippo birdy to ewe.

Related I think, The insult thread got closed YAAY. I assume some other threads got closed as well.... I had just read about no politics and went over there to officially request it be closed. too late happened while I was napping :)
And I cleaned off my ignore list.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host