Become a Patron!

ATTN Caliburn users

kisianik

Member For 4 Years
Hi
As one of Caliburn users I encountered problem with opening pod cap/drip tip for refiling. On some pods it is very tight, a few times I had to use pliers and spend considerable amount of time still. I even contacted Uwell directly about this and had been told that the problem is known and basically I have to deal with that.
The problem is hidden in inner top portion of the pod cap. There are 2 notches/teeth pointing down, those are going into juice fill holes and thus holding the cap in place. And in addition, it is very hard to grab the cap to pull it up, I wish it had some kind of bumps for better finger's traction.
Here is the answer to this, the cheapest and the simplest possible.
Get some cheap tweezers and bend tips inwards, creating hooks on both sides. Take a new pod and crab the cap from the top so the end points of those hooks will go under the outer cap sides from both sides of the pod, then gently pull up, one side at the time. It took me about 30 seconds to open tight fitted cap.

See simple, rudimentary pictures below.

6JbYV6w.jpg

doIXpue.jpg

There are similar medical tweezers available on Amazon, but I could not find yet exactly the same ones.

I hope it helps.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, that’s a useful fix!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors