Become a Patron!

Augvape Merlin Mini Review

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First of all I would like to preface my attempt at this review by thanking Augvape for sending me this product free for review. Although I have been vaping for many years, building coils and RDA / RTA's have never and probably never will be my forte. That being said, I found this RTA very easy to work with and have had excellent results with the flavor and quality of vape! And I love the delrin drip tip!

Specifications on the tube and contents:
0102170705-1[1].jpg
0102170703-1[1].jpg

0102170658-1[1].jpg

Here is what it looks like on my Alien:0102170709-1[1].jpg

I Really like the versatility of this RTA in that you have a choice to use single or dual coils, you switch the build decks by unscrewing them from the base much like a "prebuilt coil"
0102170728-1[1].jpg 0102170713-1-1[1].jpg
For the record I prefer the dual coil deck, with Clapton coils I was getting stellar flavor and cloud production. The deck was easy for me to build on and I had no trouble with wicking or dry hits from my poor wicking skills!
I did install a notch coil on the single coil deck and removed the air flow insert to get the maximum air flow but later switched to a Clapton coil. In my opinion the single coil deck is more for vapers who prefer the restricted MTL style of vaping. I'm impressed that Augvape has developed a product that takes all styles of vaping into account!
Thanks for reading and feel free to ask me any questions or leave comments below.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors