Become a Patron!

Authentic Viggo and Clone Viggo from AngelCigs compare and review.

Resnik

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I bought an authentic Viggo a while back and loved it. It's in my hand on a daily basis while I'm at home and some times when I'm out and about. Lol easy to tell since it has quite a lot of patina and needs a good cleaning. So a few weeks ago I was shopping around the interwebs and saw the clone of it on AngelCigs and picked it up. I wanted one that I could carry to work and not worry about the authentic with it's 220 dollar price tag I paid. Also wanted a painted version of the Viggo that would not give my hand the gang green hand of death look that all patina'ed mods tend to do.

So this is what came in the mail. It came in a nice little box with all tubes for 18350/18500/18650 just like my authentic did. Yeah the box on the authentic was a bit nicer, but eh it also came with the 220 dollar price tag. First thing I noticed was that the clone's serial numbers were not matching on each of it's tubes, but eh again it's a clone and around 20 bucks so I can deal with that little issue and I rarely ever use anything other then an 18650.

eFe7SMm.jpg

nqvvp4r.jpg

When setting them side by side you can see the authentic's logo is much deeper engraved, but still very close to the original's appearance. It is also a bit smaller then the authentic's logo. You can see the authentic has much more of a shine to the button then the clone, but for me I like brushed stainless more because it's not a finger print magnet, so eh.

B4lPdoW.jpg

Now down to the parts and how are the same and how they are different. You can see as far as the buttons the outward appearance is identical but for the authentic has a silver plated copper contact pen on both bottom and top, and the clone has strait solid brass contacts. Also the clone's battery venting is a bit better with larger holes, and it does not cover the vents as much with the delrin insulator.

SeHAuBx.jpg

4MzNJuB.jpg

Now deeper into the buttons. Once broken down into their respective parts there are not many differences here either. The only real difference I could find was that the authentic has a much more swept threading on the lock ring mechanism allowing it to lock much faster then the clone. On the authentic it can be locked at a little more then a quarter turn when the clone has to be turned a full rotation. If you notice I also had to make a new spring for my authentic because a few months after getting it the original spring collapsed. Lol It must have rolled away in one of those pictures.

3V8ZUdj.jpg

5UlCxE7.jpg

The differences in the threading on each inner lock ring. Clone on top and authentic on the bottom.

FsWLpkp.jpg

The next piece of the button made me laugh. On both the authentic and the clone I had to sand the delrin insulator down for it to make good contact with the battery when pressed. On both the contact pin would not make it past the top of the delrin insulator and some batteries would work and some not. I guess that kinda shows how close the clones are when the clone has the exact same flaw as the authentic.

oxVofTd.jpg

CzpRAtR.jpg

I also just messing around put the authentic's button and top cap on the clone and the clones on the authentic's. Threading there was an exact match.

zaVBHf1.jpg

Next I did a working test on both. I just did a simple compare with both using the exact same authentic Vertex V2 atomizer. Both were on par with each other on both vapor output and how fast they would both fire and get the coil to a red glow.

RQfh4Y5.jpg

o8SCYke.jpg

So in the end I could not find a significant difference between the two. Yes the authentic has a nicer box and silver plated contacts, but the clone performed at the same level as the authentic. I do love my authentic and will never part with it, but for something I can not worry about dropping, carry to work, and know is going to give me the same vape experience as the original, I can't take anything away from the clone. It's less then 1/10 the price and for this one, black and will not patina as much. Which is good and bad. I do like a well patina'ed mod.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors