Become a Patron!

AWS LB-501 scale jumping all over

attackonthebass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I purchased the AWS LB-501 scale that was posted in another thread that was recommenced if you wanted to start making juice by weight & if you'll watch my shitty youtube video you'll see it's jumping around. When I put a nickle on there which should read 5 grams it's reading 5.05

Does anyone else have this scale have this issue? I just bought it from amazon so I know I can return it, I just don't want to get the same one if it's the scale that's the problem

Thanks

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. REALLY glad you got it figured out. Now get to mixin' :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a tip for using that scale: You can remove the cover so that it does not rest on the surface which might affect the balance of the scale. When you are done you can just put the cover back on but not attach the hinge part so it can be completely removed again easily.

I know on mine I get more accurate measurements with the cover completely removed, when it was attached to the hinge it would jump around a little.

Capt.shay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've got an old house and if I shift my weight the floor can sift enough to move my scale .01 or .02g.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just for s***s and giggles, I had to do it.

Here's the original bag that came with my 501. That you left on the calibration weight.

image.jpg

VU Sponsors