Become a Patron!

Back up RTA Suggestions

Hey guys nice to be here again I used to frequent the forums a few years ago as Matty Vapes. Anywho. I've been vaping the OG single coil GeekVape Zeus RTA it's awesome. Super well built haven't cracked the glass in about two years of use. (knock on wood) Just vapes awesome and I'm used to it. Anyway choices are limited in Canada and I figure stuff from china might be delayed or there might be a shortage. So Im thinking about grabbing a new RTA soonish. Nothing wrong with what I have but it's all I have. I'd be screwed if it broke or got stolen or lost. I'm looking at single coil RTA's only, something to vape around the 35-45w range. So far the only thing I've looked at is the Kylin mini. Canada tends to carry the well known consumer products not much specialized stuff. So out of the dead common single coil RTA's what would you suggest? Any help is appreciated.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guys nice to be here again I used to frequent the forums a few years ago as Matty Vapes. Anywho. I've been vaping the OG single coil GeekVape Zeus RTA it's awesome. Super well built haven't cracked the glass in about two years of use. (knock on wood) Just vapes awesome and I'm used to it. Anyway choices are limited in Canada and I figure stuff from china might be delayed or there might be a shortage. So Im thinking about grabbing a new RTA soonish. Nothing wrong with what I have but it's all I have. I'd be screwed if it broke or got stolen or lost. I'm looking at single coil RTA's only, something to vape around the 35-45w range. So far the only thing I've looked at is the Kylin mini. Canada tends to carry the well known consumer products not much specialized stuff. So out of the dead common single coil RTA's what would you suggest? Any help is appreciated.
Hey! If you're shopping online your choices are certainly not limited here in Canada, we have some of the best vape shops in the world!

Here's a single coil RTA that's probably more expensive than you're used to but it's one of the best made and QP is a Canadian company. It's also extremely rare to find one of these new anymore. The Juggerknot mini was my daily work vape for a long time and is really, really good!

Of course there are a lot of other options out there that are good too, just don't think you're limited because you're in Canada.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’m a fan of Asmodus and they happen to be really good at single coil rebuildables. Unfortunately most of them are rda’s and an rta that I’m a big fan of being the first one Used. The Asmodus Zesthia has a great deck that is super simple and it provides great flavor and vapor.
Another RTA that is really good is the Augvape Intake. Great design and top airflow making it leakproof, well as leakproof as possible. There are people that can make anything leak but the Intake delivers great flavor to go with the great design.
Last but not least the Wotofo Profile Unity packs a flavor punch. It can take a single coil but do yourself a flavor and use mesh. Super easy to build with mesh and nothing delivers the flavor like a mesh atty. It ramps up instantly and the massive (compared to coils) surface area makes mesh the undisputed world champion of flavor. If you consider the Profile’s RDA and the RDTA, then technically the Profile is the undisputed unified world champ holding the flavor belts in all three atty categories. Impressive performance so I recommend you give it a shot and if you are thinking of getting into squonking then the Profile RDA is a must and will introduce you to flavors you never knew existed. Well best of luck in your search I hope I was helpful and just as a disclaimer in case there is any confusion, I am not, nor have I ever been employed by the Wotofo corporation. Really a missed opportunity on their part but that’s a different conversation for a different day.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have two Zeus X RTAs and they have always been good to me, not my favorite but right up there.
I recently purchased the new mesh deck for one just to check it out and I must say I was impressed, enough so that I bought one for my other one too.
The flavor is intense and I run 40 to 45 watts with mesh.
It is now one of my favorite RTAs.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
An older but imo very good rta is the Ijoy Exo. It is big (26mm I think), comes with individual single and dual coil decks. It is also inexpensive. Like $10 or less inexpensive. I rock mine on a Vindicator as the pin is long enough for faux hybrid conections.1598045146018837083019.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I see nothing wrong with adding a second Zeus for backup - I mean, you know it is durable and you already like it. If your vape budget is tight, I'd stick with a winner

Just my two cents, being as you asked :)

Hey! If you're shopping online your choices are certainly not limited here in Canada, we have some of the best vape shops in the world!

Here's a single coil RTA that's probably more expensive than you're used to but it's one of the best made and QP is a Canadian company. It's also extremely rare to find one of these new anymore. The Juggerknot mini was my daily work vape for a long time and is really, really good!

Of course there are a lot of other options out there that are good too, just don't think you're limited because you're in Canada.

Looks awesome. Watched a review. I appreciate the simplicity and it's Canadian! Might pull the trigger. Slightly expensive like you said. But thanks for the recommendation.

I see nothing wrong with adding a second Zeus for backup - I mean, you know it is durable and you already like it. If your vape budget is tight, I'd stick with a winner

Just my two cents, being as you asked :)

I figure it was discontinued as my primary/only shop i shop with isn't carrying it...It's still around?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks awesome. Watched a review. I appreciate the simplicity and it's Canadian! Might pull the trigger. Slightly expensive like you said. But thanks for the recommendation.
In my opinion it's worth the extra dough ?
Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
Here are some Canadian stores I order from regularly by the way.
ecigarettes.ca
Gas City Vapes
Hazetown Vapes
AceVaper
Wicks and Wires

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hellvape Destiny is a solid single coil RTA and super easy to build/wick. I haven't used any of my other 5 RTA's since I got it.
Now that I think of it, I haven't seen many people selling theirs either and I'm always browsing vape classifieds. lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I bought it when it first came out, and I'll circle you back to your own pick Kylin Mini. Because of it's awesome flavor I till use it regularly. They aren't easy to find around my neck of the woods so if you have a line on one, I'd think hard about buying it. No law against owning more than 2 attys ?

I've only used 2 mesh RTA's. Unity and Doom. For the diff in those I'd say pick your aesthetic, since they have the same great flavor.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Appreciate it thanks!
No problem! If you decide on that one email [email protected] and ask if there's a discount code you can get for it, he will usually give you a 10% code
Hellvape Destiny is a solid single coil RTA and super easy to build/wick. I haven't used any of my other 5 RTA's since I got it.
Now that I think of it, I haven't seen many people selling theirs either and I'm always browsing vape classifieds. lol

@Theboss oh boy. I was browsing those sites and found a great deal on my old ADV $40 for 120ml....I'm weak lol I might have to treat myself next week. Thanks for the recommendations. I was unaware of those shops..might have to broaden my horizons. Take Care :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Oh, how I wish we could still buy the Engine Nano!
Gold

I favored this one over the nano...

Last edited:
I ended up getting the kylin mini. Seems decent. Cons: the screws are sharp or something cause it destroyed the coil it came with (snapped the leg) and I don’t find it that flavourful Pros plenty air flow and actually vapes really good. It’s pretty good. I saw all the v2 advertising the week I ordered the og...derp

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I ended up getting the kylin mini. Seems decent. Cons: the screws are sharp or something cause it destroyed the coil it came with (snapped the leg) and I don’t find it that flavourful Pros plenty air flow and actually vapes really good. It’s pretty good. I saw all the v2 advertising the week I ordered the og...derp
Try a huge coils, 4+mm. Huge difference!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
For flavor it should be way better than decent. I run a 3mm alien close to the bottom, 4mm leads. Flavor galore.
The way the deck screws are positioned, you can use ur needle nose to turn the leads while they'er on a rod.
Too much/too thick with the wick in the channel will choke the flavor. Too little and it will seep.
KYLIN MINI.jpg

VU Sponsors