Become a Patron!

Bakery Must Have Flavors?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would like to venture into the wonderful world of Bakery Flavors. Even though we all have different tastes, I am pretty sure there have to be some basic must-have flavors for cakes, pies, and the like. I haven't entertained cereals yet, maybe later.
This is what I have so far in my "Bakery Bag and Cream Bag":
INA Biscuit
FA Cookie
FA Meringue
INA Lemon Cake
NW Lemon Cake (sent by mistake for the above lemon cake)
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
PUR Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream
TFA Brown Sugar
INA Horned Toffee
INA Yes, We Cheesecake
FA Cinnamon Ceylon
PUR Marshmallow
FW Butterscotch Ripple
FA Peppermint
TFA Peppermint
CAP Super Sweet
FA Vienna Cream
CAP Sweet Cream
LB Vanilla Ice Cream
INA Custard
INA Shisha Vanilla
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA FreshCream
Hangsen Cream
Lots of different Fruit Flavors

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I would like to venture into the wonderful world of Bakery Flavors. Even though we all have different tastes, I am pretty sure there have to be some basic must-have flavors for cakes, pies, and the like. I haven't entertained cereals yet, maybe later.
This is what I have so far in my "Bakery Bag and Cream Bag":
INA Biscuit
FA Cookie
FA Meringue
INA Lemon Cake
NW Lemon Cake (sent by mistake for the above lemon cake)
TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust
PUR Butter Pecan Praline Ice Cream
TFA Brown Sugar
INA Horned Toffee
INA Yes, We Cheesecake
FA Cinnamon Ceylon
PUR Marshmallow
FW Butterscotch Ripple
FA Peppermint
TFA Peppermint
CAP Super Sweet
FA Vienna Cream
CAP Sweet Cream
LB Vanilla Ice Cream
INA Custard
INA Shisha Vanilla
TFA Vanilla Swirl
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA FreshCream
Hangsen Cream
Lots of different Fruit Flavors

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Anything Flavorah, you will not go wrong with.. You might want to check my website, there is a 15% off code there... :D Direct from FLV.. do a search for FLVFan and you will find it :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There’s a few off the top of my head you might want.....mind you, it’s 3:30 am and I just woke up. Lol.

You need a butter! WF Cookie Butter(its NOT speculoos) and/or VT Butter Base are both very lovely Bakery butter flavors.
FA Custard Premium is, IMO, the very best custard out there. You can only get it in Europe, but it’s worth every penny. Daap in a bottle. It’s sooooooooo yummy. Pm me if you’re wanting to try some.....I can send you a little bottle to get you hooked.

Caps Sugar Cookie. A great ingredient and super versatile.

VT Sweet Cream=Twinkie filling
FLV Caramel=Brown sugar

I have to get ready for work. I’ll think more on this and get back to ya. I’m sure I’m missing something in my sleep deprived haze.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FW Yellow Cake
WF Almond Cookie
OOO Powdered Sugar
Flv Pound Cake
FW Butter Pecan
TFA Molasses
Cap Cake Batter
Cap Butter Cream
INW Shortbread
Yessssssss......

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, OOO Cream Milky Undertones and Pie Crust

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
DOUGHNUTS!!!!
whats a bakery with out DOUGHNUTS...
and you use them in HOWARDS lemon muffins..
lemon muffins.jpg

yum yum yum one of me FAVORITE recipies..
THANKS @Howard Hughes

so I suggest ya choose a couple recipies FIRST...
or else ya end up with the ONE FLAVOR SHORT syndrom
{{ an oooooooooo how I hate dat when dat happens }}

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did order FA Custard Premium and VT Chocolate Mousse from Chef's Flavours which should be here next week hopefully. Also before I posted my question I did order from River Suppy's clearance section:
Purilum Butter Pecan
Wonder Super Concentrates Crispy Wafer
Flavor West Hazelnut
Purilum Cappuccino Coffee
Purilum Butter Cream
Flavor West Salted Caramel

I don't have them yet is why I didn't include them in my list.
OOO Powdered Sugar is on the top of my new shopping list and I will add some of the others suggested.
or else ya end up with the ONE FLAVOR SHORT syndrom
I hate that too. As with most food recipes, I have a hard time following them to the tee.
For example, the above recipe looks really yummy. I would need the CAP Glazed Doughnut as that is a key flavor. I have the exact last three items and I would sub a custard that I have. Since FA Lemon Sicily needs a booster lemon I would change to different fruit flavors that I have in stock, maybe strawberry. If I was going flavor shopping to get the CAP Glazed Doughnut I would add the FE Lemon if in stock and then make the above recipe using a custard I have.
Some people get upset if you sub any flavor(s) in their recipe and rightly so as they may have spent lots of time and money getting it just right. That's why I quietly make my subs if needed and deal with the changes if needed while thanking the author for the yummy recipe. What gets me is people asking for what percentages their subs should be to make the recipe.
.Cheers.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TFA Graham Cracker Clear
TFA Dairy/Milk (use it only very, very sparingly to add a milky subnote to various creams)
TFA Butter
FA Vanilla Bourbon
FA Vanilla Classic
FA Vanilla Tahity

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I did order FA Custard Premium and VT Chocolate Mousse from Chef's Flavours which should be here next week hopefully. Also before I posted my question I did order from River Suppy's clearance section:
Purilum Butter Pecan
Wonder Super Concentrates Crispy Wafer
Flavor West Hazelnut yum yum go easy its strong
Purilum Cappuccino Coffee <-- WF brazilian coffee is WAY WAY better
Purilum Butter Cream
Flavor West Salted Caramel LOVE this stuff with hazelnut & wf brazilian coffee & marshmello or Flv Cream yum, yum

I don't have them yet is why I didn't include them in my list.
OOO Powdered Sugar is on the top of my new shopping list and I will add some of the others suggested.

I hate that too. As with most food recipes, I have a hard time following them to the tee.
For example, the above recipe looks really yummy. I would need the CAP Glazed Doughnut as that is a key flavor. I have the exact last three items and I would sub a custard that I have. Since FA Lemon Sicily needs a booster lemon I would change to different fruit flavors that I have in stock, maybe strawberry. If I was going flavor shopping to get the CAP Glazed Doughnut I would add the FE Lemon if in stock and then make the above recipe using a custard I have.
Some people get upset if you sub any flavor(s) in their recipe and rightly so as they may have spent lots of time and money getting it just right. That's why I quietly make my subs if needed and deal with the changes if needed while thanking the author for the yummy recipe. What gets me is people asking for what percentages their subs should be to make the recipe.
.Cheers.
folks here will HELP YOU figure out a sub... they come right out and even suggest some if you ask..

I just suggested some recipies so when your stock came in you be
GOOD to go when you starting out and don't have the subs to be able to sub with yet...

o an a BTW howards lemon muffins are also good is you sub
the lemon for a combo of blood orange and {{ mandrin orange or tangerine...}}

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
folks here will HELP YOU figure out a sub
I should have mentioned that on other sites some people get upset over subbing flavors. I know everyone here is cool with asking questions.
sub
the lemon for a combo of blood orange and {{ mandrin orange
I have both of those at my ready. I love eating doughnuts, never thought about vaping them until now. I read mixed reviews on the CAP Chocolate Doughnut flavor. I will check out the Glazed version as more could be done with it. Thank you for your replies.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Doing more reading about making a good Doughnut vape. There are many that get a Play Doh effect with CAP's and even FA Zepolla to a lesser extent.
From 2017: https://vapingunderground.com/threads/looking-for-donut-flavor.370633/

I am going to wait on this flavor until I have a better understanding of how baked flavors taste to me.
WF Glazed Donut is my favorite. Pair it with WF Bread Sweet and a wonderful glazed donut.

Chemnovatic Donut is a wonderful cake donut. No cinnamon or any spices. Perfect base for a donut.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The day I was waiting for, Bull City Flavors sale. I didn't get every flavor I wanted as some will have to wait until I have a better understanding of the Bakery Category. There are a couple of flavors I didn't do any intense research about, just the on-site reviews. No reviews on the coffee, just gonna wing it and hope for the best,
All 10 ml:
Powdered Sugar-OOO
Dairy/Milk-TFA
Sugar Cookie-Cap
Cream Cheese Icing-LA
Natural Lemon-SSA
Whipped Cream-SSA
Compote Cherry-SSA
Creamy Sponge Cake-FW
Blackcurrant-FA
Cardamom-FA
Torrone (Nougat)-FA
Sweet Coffee-SSA
Ethyl Maltol (PG)
Banana Puree-WF
Dulce De Leche Caramel-TFA
Tahitian Vanilla Cream-WF

I thank you all for helping with my flavors this time around. Good thing I ordered my new 30ml bottles and more VG/PG as I will be in flavor mixing heaven.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@FL_David
Hi, have you tried FA Nonna Cake? I love it. Some say they get a lemon hint with it but I dont at all. Maybe they use it quickly. I always let my bakery mixes steep at least a month, if it is there its for sure gone after a steep. Vaping it with Juicy Strawberry and Jack right now.
FA Up is a nice coffee flavour. Supposed to be an Italian Coffee cake. Suppose it has a hint of cake but not like any Italian coffee cake I have ever had. I usually mix it with Cap cookie and FA Fresh cream. Is strong, only need between .5 and 1%
Zepola I use too, has a hint of cinnamon, goes nice with strawberry. I dont get any yeasty taste from it, again maybe what others do get dissipates with a good steep.
I find a lot of odd hints do.
Love FA Citrus mix. Shake n vape it has a strong grapefruit taste, after a month thats gone and its just a nice balanced citrus.
Anyway good luck with your experiments. ?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FA Nonna Cake?
I did consider that flavor while making my order but passed on it at this time because I have 2 lemon cake flavors to try out first. Nonna Cake is different than INW Lemon Cake, maybe even a lot different, but I want to limit my cake flavors until I am sure I like vaping cake flavors. I also skipped on the many FW cake flavors that a lot of people use along with the many dough flavors of different brands. FW Creamy Sponge Cake may give me an idea of what I am missing by not having more cake flavors.
Zepola I use too
I knew I was forgetting a few that I wanted to get and Zepola is one of them.
Love FA Citrus mix. Shake n vape it has a strong grapefruit taste,
I do like various orange and Key Lime flavors. I do not like grapefruit in real life even though in a mix it can make a nice accent flavor. I will stick with lemon as I like that flavor too.

I bought PUR Cappuccino Coffee on clearance and it reminded me how much I do enjoy vaping coffee flavors and fiddling with adding flavors. The coffee part needed a boost. I debated between FA Dark Bean (espresso) and SSA Sweet Coffee. I may kick myself later for my choice of SSA over FA, but what the heck, I was on a roll with new to me flavors. What's one more?
The FA Cardamom and FA Torrone (Nougat) are the only flavors I had once before and forgot to order them. The others are totally new flavors or new brands to me. HIC taught me how well Cardamom goes well with Coconut and some other flavors.
Venturing into the Bakery flavors how could I not get Torrone? Just a touch of almond flavor without going nuts and light nougat to make everything yummy.

Oh, OOO Cream Milky Undertones and Pie Crust
I debated those two also. I went the cheap route using TFA Dairy/Milk and FA Cookie or INW Biscuit that I already have. They may be close enough for now.
Anything Flavorah
That brand is my next flavor adventure for next year. No one brand of flavors does every flavor well to appeal to everyone. I would hate to buy Alpine Strawberry only to find I don't like it and I could have bought about 5 other flavors I know I like. Or be happy I gave it a try and have enough to last me a long time. I do want to give Flavorah a try, maybe chocolate.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why wait for the New Year? Wizard Labs badgered me with their sale until I caved in and placed a small order.
Sweet Coconut FLV
Milk Chocolate FLV
Zappola FA
Malted Milk TFA
I do need a decent coconut and forgot the Zappola at BCF. The FLV Milk Chocolate is reviewed as one of the best and I am still fuming that I got burned with INW Milk Chocolate. What goes well with milkshakes? Malt of course.
If it was any season other than winter I could have bought another Flavorah and bus/bike to Wizard Labs to pick-up my order with pennies to spare, but I'm a cold-weather wimp so I paid for 1st class shipping instead.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I did consider that flavor while making my order but passed on it at this time because I have 2 lemon cake flavors to try out first. Nonna Cake is different than INW Lemon Cake, maybe even a lot different, but I want to limit my cake flavors until I am sure I like vaping cake flavors. I also skipped on the many FW cake flavors that a lot of people use along with the many dough flavors of different brands. FW Creamy Sponge Cake may give me an idea of what I am missing by not having more cake flavors.

I knew I was forgetting a few that I wanted to get and Zepola is one of them.

I do like various orange and Key Lime flavors. I do not like grapefruit in real life even though in a mix it can make a nice accent flavor. I will stick with lemon as I like that flavor too.

I bought PUR Cappuccino Coffee on clearance and it reminded me how much I do enjoy vaping coffee flavors and fiddling with adding flavors. The coffee part needed a boost. I debated between FA Dark Bean (espresso) and SSA Sweet Coffee. I may kick myself later for my choice of SSA over FA, but what the heck, I was on a roll with new to me flavors. What's one more?
The FA Cardamom and FA Torrone (Nougat) are the only flavors I had once before and forgot to order them. The others are totally new flavors or new brands to me. HIC taught me how well Cardamom goes well with Coconut and some other flavors.
Venturing into the Bakery flavors how could I not get Torrone? Just a touch of almond flavor without going nuts and light nougat to make everything yummy.

I debated those two also. I went the cheap route using TFA Dairy/Milk and FA Cookie or INW Biscuit that I already have. They may be close enough for now.

That brand is my next flavor adventure for next year. No one brand of flavors does every flavor well to appeal to everyone. I would hate to buy Alpine Strawberry only to find I don't like it and I could have bought about 5 other flavors I know I like. Or be happy I gave it a try and have enough to last me a long time. I do want to give Flavorah a try, maybe chocolate.
I use FLV Alpine Strawberry and it's a different animal. If you have a hard time tasting strawberry, this is your fix.
You can ask @debinnv about that
It's expensive but you don't use much. Shit tastes good, but don't go overboard or it will taste like a bar of Zest!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Why wait for the New Year? Wizard Labs badgered me with their sale until I caved in and placed a small order.
Sweet Coconut FLV
Milk Chocolate FLV
Zappola FA
Malted Milk TFA
I do need a decent coconut and forgot the Zappola at BCF. The FLV Milk Chocolate is reviewed as one of the best and I am still fuming that I got burned with INW Milk Chocolate. What goes well with milkshakes? Malt of course.
If it was any season other than winter I could have bought another Flavorah and bus/bike to Wizard Labs to pick-up my order with pennies to spare, but I'm a cold-weather wimp so I paid for 1st class shipping instead.

Everybody's different, but I don't get much actual coconut flavor from Flv Sweet Coconut. It's more like a coconut milk flavor.

@wildgypsy70 sent me VTA Dessicated Coconut and MB Palm Coconut, and both of those are more pronounced coconut flavors. Both very good, imo.

Flv Alpine Strawberry has a reputation of being SUPER STRONG. I haven't tried it, but then again, strawberries are not my favorites. I am fine with JF Sweet Strawberry, FA Strawberry Red Touch, Cap Strawberry Taffy, and TFA Strawberry or Strawberry Ripe. Usually if I mix strawberry flavors, I am going more for "candy" than "realistic fruit" anyway.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
VTA Dessicated Coconut and MB Palm Coconut
I will make a note about these two if the FLV Sweet Coconut doesn't work out well. I have CAP Coconut and FW Coconut Cream Pie. The FW has more coconut flavor than the CAP, but neither is very strong in a mix.

INA Shisha Strawberry is my favorite single strawberry flavor I have found so far. I sometimes add in TFA Strawberry Ripe. I try for more realistic than candy strawberries.
I have the strawberry and the cream parts of Strawberry Banana Cream that I used to make and love, but I am still looking for a banana to replace INA Banana that used to be my favorite with a tad of TFA Banana Ripe. Hopefully, WF Banana Puree will be the replacement.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I would hate to buy Alpine Strawberry only to find I don't like it and I could have bought about 5 other flavors I know I like. Or be happy I gave it a try and have enough to last me a long time. I do want to give Flavorah a try, maybe chocolate.

Funny... been using only 1 brand for more than 5 yrs now.. suits me just fine.. Alpine is my fav strawberry.. but you are right.. you might not like it. It's not for everyone.. I like 3 drops in 30ml which is .12% but you might like .2% to start with. :)

I do contests but not here.. you can find me on the book of face... about to do a full line giveaway.

The only flavor I do not use often is Yam... it's just too rich for me to use often. :)
Sweet Coconut FLV
Milk Chocolate FLV

I'd keep the milk chocolate at .4% or under that..
Sweet coconut is coconut milk... reg coconut is the meat of the coconut. :)

I hope you have fun... if you read my blog, link in sig.. there is a 15% off link, good till end of this month.. :D

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
there is a 15% off link, good till end of this month..
I used your affiliate link and picked up:
Boysenberry Flavoring 15 mL
Milk and Honey Flavoring 15 mL
Wild Melon Flavoring 15 mL
"At the checkout page I had a bit of a concern over this:
By proceeding you acknowledge: Flavorah is a raw material intended for further processing. It is not intended for use with nicotine and not for personal consumption in this form. Your purchase will comply with this intended use.: I agree"

Oh no! How can I vape at 3mg using these flavors after I agreed I wouldn't?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I sent you a Friend's Request on FaceBook. I don't go there that often anymore. Maybe now I have a reason.
I saw that ;) haha..

Standard gibrish, @FL_David FLV is just fine.. if it wasn't.. I'd be yapping about it ;)

I did you proper.. and hooked you up with info... stick around, it only gets better!
You picked up a few of my favs :hearts: :bliss: :hearts:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just thought it was an odd thing to have to agree to upon checkout. I did get a chuckle out of that one. I'm guessing that at least one person or more abused nicotine while using Flavorah Flavors and then tried to sue them for their stupidity. "Your Honor I couldn't tell I was vaping 100mg of nicotine because the Flavorah Flavors were so great tasting".

I had second thoughts about dumping Milk and Honey from my Wizard Labs order. I do like eating honey and it could be a magic flavor in bakery mixes.
I never could get a melon mix to taste right. Maybe Wild Melon will put me on track.
Boysenberry is in the same boat as FA Blackcurrant and TFA Dulce De Leche Caramel. I didn't plan on buying them until I read some good reviews. I call them my wildcard picks which I try to do on every flavor order to keep me out of a flavor rut. Most of the time they become favorites. No wild cards with the Wizard Labs order, sadly.

VU Sponsors