Become a Patron!

Banana Chocolate Toffee

dmagicp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope everyone is doing well. As we enter into the fall season, it is customary to start breaking out our sweet, dessert recipes. I created this recipe while working on my seemingly endless quest for a perfect white chocolate. I am sure that the white chocolate thing will be keeping me busy for at least 5 years. lol. But in the mean time, here is a recipe that isn't white chocolate that I really enjoy.

(TFA/SIG) English Toffee 5%
(TFA/SIG) Bavarian Cream 4%
(FA) Chocolate 1%
(FA) Banana 2.5%
(Erythritol/Optional) 2%

You can vape this one immediately and it will taste okay, but if you let it steep for a week, the Bavarian Cream with meld with the English Toffee and make it taste more and more like a Heath Bar.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just purchases some of this and I'm afraid to use it. It smells terrible! Very spoiled smell. Do you get that?
You can get this from a lot of the concentrates. Custards, toffees, creams, etc. are probably the worst (and most difficult to guess at the end result just by sniffing). Fruits and some nuts and vanillas can really reek of alcohol too. With TFA, I mix samples at 5, 10, 15, and 20% in 3ml batches if I am unsure. Let steep for a week, at least.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
How does Erythritol compare to the others as a sweetener? I never heard of it! :)

dmagicp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just purchased some of this and I'm afraid to use it. It smells terrible! Very spoiled smell. Do you get that?
Yeah it is a pretty funky smelling flavor. But don't worry, once you mix it, the flavor is pretty spot on, especially when pared with the sweet cream.

dmagicp

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How does Erythritol compare to the others as a sweetener? I never heard of it! :)
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol. It is the same thing that they use in sugar free candy like the reese cups, and turtles chocolates. It tastes to me the most au
thentic to sugar and doesn't give you a headache like sucralose. Just don't go any higher than 3% at the most.

VU Sponsors